More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema   Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:19 pm

So this is a program I have heard of but paid little attention to. They often do one night screenings of concerts, docs, anime, ect. But they also do classic films including the TCM Event Series special screening Universal Studio classics this fall starting with THE BIRDS.

Here's a link with an event calendar on the bottom page highlighting film screenings: http://www.fathomevents.com/genres/Classics.aspx

Quote :
09/19:TCM Event Series Presents The Birds

10/24: TCM Event Series Presents Frankenstein and The Bride of Frankenstein

10/03: TCM Event Series E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial 30th Anniversary Event

10/04: Lawrence of Arabia 50th Anniversary Event: Digitally Restored

11/15: TCM Event Series Presents To Kill a Mockingbird

It's in select theaters so check to see if one of yours nearby does these specials. Mine has been doing this for awhile and I regret not looking into this earlier as I missed an earlier screening of Casablanca.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema   Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:04 am

Might just bite on THE BIRDS. It's actually only about 15minutes away from where I live.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema   Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:48 am

I'm contemplating seeing THE BIRDS, but what I really wanna see is the FRANKENSTEIN/BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN double-feature.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema   Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:13 am

I just got work off tomorrow so The Birds is pretty much a sure thing now. I'm definitely thinking of going for that Frankenstein double feature. Can't think of a better way to celebrate Halloween, even though it's one week early.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema   Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:38 am

I just watched Lawrence of Arabia. It may be 4k projection instead of true film, but god dammit it was a real sight to see on the big screen.

Honestly, seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Birds and Lawrence of Arabia was better than anything else I've seen all year, although The Dark Knight Rises is pretty nifty to see on IMAX. I'm still kicking myself for missing out on Dr. No that screened at the Block at Orange. I should have just called in sick that day. :x
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema   Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:54 am

One of those rare times when I was American.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema   Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema Empty

Back to top Go down

Fathem Events Screening Classics in Cinema
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: