More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Evolution of Music

Go down 
+4
Fae
Lazenby.
Moore
Chigawa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chigawa
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Chigawa

The Evolution of Music Empty
PostSubject: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Came across this on a Facebook post and it made me sick to my stomach.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/7PONTs/www.funpic.hu/files/pics/00040/00040776.jpg

Does this bother anyone else or is it just me? I hear this drivel spewing from the radio speakers day after day. And the younger crowd just eat it up. 'Slizzard' isn't a word by anyone's standards, I think they need to send these hacks back to grade school English with music lessons to boot. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chigawa
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:54 pm

I don't listen to the radio. Ever.

I'm a pretty open minded person. If you look at my records you'll see everything ranging from The Beatles to Belle and Sebastian to Robert Johnson to Os Mutantes to Buena Vista Social Club to Thin Lizzy to Four Tops.

I love music, I love finding those rare records no one has heard of. But I just can't get into rap and modern music too much. Like you said, awful stuff. Thank god there are some lyrical geniuses still out there and, hopefully, will be for many more years (Stuart Murdoch).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:05 pm

]

Everybody knows that you love me baby
Everybody knows you really do
Everybody knows you've been faithful
Ah give or take a night or two
Everybody knows you've been discreet
But there were so many people you just had to meet
Without your clothes

Everybody knows
Back to top Go down
Chigawa
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Chigawa

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Moore wrote:
I wish I had that choice :/

And Ambler, great stuff. I'll take that voice over justin Bieber's pre-pubescent screech any day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chigawa
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:01 pm

While I knew what the word "Slizzard" meant upon hearing that track, and still have plenty of time for a fair bit of modern pop music, the stuff that dominates radio is absolutely Godawful; We're now seemingly at a point where if something doesn't sound exactly like Tinchy Stryder, Taio Cruz or Rihanna, then it won't get played, simple as that, especially during the daytime. Prior to that, it was simply "if you're over 33 you won't get played". I'm now struggling to keep up with new music (something I've always managed to do until now), since most of the time I'll tolerate Radio 1 for about 5 minutes before permanently switching over to TalkSport.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:32 pm

What I find more shocking is how much rap/screamo and whatever the hell else there is today that does not sound like music, is still being played on the radio. God damn what ever happen to stuff that was nice to hear like Sinatra. Todays music blows. I am huge classic rock fan, and I am still astonished how much talent it takes to jam out the way some of those older bands still do. Not to mention some of them still sound great.

Oh yeah, it people are gonna bitch and complain about how bad Mark Twain's Adventure of Huckleberry Finn, had so much bad language ( and are willing to take drastic steps to change history by editing this legends work), then I want the N-word taken out of every rap song.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:31 am

A lot of music these days is mindless drivel - I listen to it all and like it for the most part. Some of it is just plain horrible but there are some really nice catchy songs out there.

And I wonder what you guys would think of this:

(though I have to say I reckon Passion Pit has some better songs)

or

Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:46 am

Lazenby. wrote:
While I knew what the word "Slizzard" meant upon hearing that track, and still have plenty of time for a fair bit of modern pop music, the stuff that dominates radio is absolutely Godawful; We're now seemingly at a point where if something doesn't sound exactly like Tinchy Stryder, Taio Cruz or Rihanna, then it won't get played, simple as that, especially during the daytime. Prior to that, it was simply "if you're over 33 you won't get played". I'm now struggling to keep up with new music (something I've always managed to do until now), since most of the time I'll tolerate Radio 1 for about 5 minutes before permanently switching over to TalkSport.

I have a fair bit of time for modern pop music, but I definitely agree on the same-ness. Part of it definitely has to be auto-tune, but you'd have a hard time telling a Taio Cruz, Chris Brown, Jason Derulo or Jay Sean... heck just about every male RnB artist except Usher and P Diddy... song apart from each other. Heck, I thought Chris Brown's latest was Taio Cruz until I went to download it.

And then you've got content. I mean, Dirty Talk and S&M are practically the same song. Then you've got E.T.

Kiss Me, Ki-ki-kiss Me/Infect me with your lovin, fill me with your poison/ Take Me, Ta-ta-take Me/ Wanna be your victim, ready for abduction

It's all amusing. There's something catchy about all the simplicity.

ETA: I'll give Katy Perry one thing - well, besides her tits - her latest albums songs lyrics actually, well, make sense instead of just being random words tied together. Even if it's asinine laugh
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:08 pm

EMI, home of The Beatles and undoubtedly the greatest name in the British music biz, is no more, and is to be dismembered by the French and Japanese. :( I suppose some would argue that the music died with the demolition of EMI House in any case...
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:50 pm

🇳🇴

At least Abbey Road still exists.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
EMI, home of The Beatles and undoubtedly the greatest name in the British music biz, is no more, and is to be dismembered by the French and Japanese. :( I suppose some would argue that the music died with the demolition of EMI House in any case...

And you thought that we were faking
That we were all just money making
You do not believe we're for real
Or you would lose your cheap appeal?

Don't judge a book just by the cover
Unless you cover just another
And blind acceptance is a sign
Of stupid fools who stand in line

E.M.I
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Chigawa wrote:
Moore wrote:
I wish I had that choice :/

surely you do?
that's the beauty of our modern world, you don't need the radio or any established media channels anymore in order to find exactly the music that you personally want to hear any time you want to hear it, you've got the internet and the ipod

only tweens still remain in thrall to the music industry, because they are too young to have learned better

these days the singles charts and music channels only reflect tween tastes so you can safely ignore them

Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:14 pm

There is decent rapmusic I like, but you hardly find it in any top 40's.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Quote :
Was he really insinuating that Lorde's music is equivalent to fecal matter? That's highly offensive, seeing as she one of the most prominent feminist artists. Whoever this guy is on this video has internalized misogyny. I really hope he would read some of the greatest feminist literature, volunteer at a women's shelter, and other such things to advance the women movement in his community.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 11:01 pm

Oh fecal matter. It's been blocked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Music   The Evolution of Music Empty

Back to top Go down

The Evolution of Music
Page 1 of 1