More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

[SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion

Go down 
+35
Moore
Control
Perilagu Khan
Seve
Fae
CJB
FourDot
Prisoner Monkeys
Jack Wade
tiffanywint
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
FG Wells
Triviachamp
Loomis
Manhunter
hegottheboot
trevanian
Stamper
Drax
Big Boss
GeneralGogol
Fairbairn-Sykes
Tubes
bitchcraft
The White Tuxedo
Largo's Shark
Hilly
bondfan06
Ravenstone
Lazenby.
Blunt Instrument
Fort Knox
Harmsway
Gravity's Silhouette
Makeshift Python
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

[SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Figured it would be better to make this thread so that the other reviews thread will remain primarily for magazine/newspaper publications, and here users can throw their own thoughts after having seen the film.

Last edited by Python on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Please avoid discussing the film or reviewing it until at least November 9th, when everyone in the U.S. will have had a chance to see it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:14 pm

America last.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
America last.

We've gotten used to it over the last, uh, 12 years or so.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Please avoid discussing the film or reviewing it until at least November 9th, when everyone in the U.S. will have had a chance to see it.
As long as they clearly mark spoilers, I don't think there is a problem with discussing the film. No need for them to baby us Yanks.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Harmsway wrote:
As long as they clearly mark spoilers, I don't think there is a problem with discussing the film. No need for them to baby us Yanks.

It is, like, not fair, or something, that only 1% of the potential viewing audience is getting to see SKYFALL right now. The movie should be available to everyone upon demand, free of charge.

#occupySkyfall
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Maybe it's revenge for the 1980's, when the UK had to wait MONTHS longer than the Americans to see the latest blockbusters. It was lunacy then, due to the ever-growing pirate video trade, but it's way beyond lunacy in this day and age to have a delay like this, because the whole film will probably be up on YouTube by Monday.

I feel for you Gravity, believe me I do. It must be horrible. But you're asking the impossible. Spoiler tags have been placed on the front page of the forums, but there's no way I can prevent people from discussing the very film they come here to discuss (and have waited four whole years to discuss).
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Gravy's sense of humour is too subtle for this board.

More tits.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Gravy's sense of humour is too subtle for this board.

I take seriously the job of not being taken seriously. What's more funnier is that, at the very least, the Brits in this forum should *get* it. I thought they were the masters of dark, subtle, or dry humor, but lately it's taken fellow Yanks to explain to them that I am taking the piss out of them when I ask them not to post spoilers in the "Lincoln 2012" thread, or asking an entire fan community to not talk about a movie until everyone has seen it. LOL! tongue tongue

I also found it funny that no one had a problem with me asking others not to talk about SKYFALL until the U.S. had seen it, but no mention of other countries that might be getting it even later than the U.S., as if the only thing I cared about were U.S. fans. ;)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:24 am

Well, for what it's worth ... I really enjoyed it. An exciting, amusing (easily the least 'dour' of Craig's 3 to date) action-adventure that manages to respect the franchise's past, has a villain with contemporary relevance and sets up the future of the series nicely. Dug the performances, Newman's score and Deakins' cinematography (special mention for Bond 'stalking' Patrice through the Shanghai skyscraper and the moors lit by the burning Skyfall house ... stunning). The 2 hours and 20 just breezed by.

As for the DB5 being kitted out with the original 'timeline' gadgetry ... eh, I'll let that go in the spirit of it being an anniversary nod. And more of Silva and (especially) Severine would've been good ... I know a lot of the Bond girls have been in the films merely to advance the plot, sleep with him and then die, but she may just be the most blatant example of that yet. But other than that, they did good.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:03 am

Severine is stunning in her opening scene with Bond. What a gorgeous woman, and a good performance as well. Wish they'd found a way of giving her more time. Harris was likeable as well, she scrubs up great outside of "action girl" mode.

But what is it with Craig and women? He either never gets the girl at the end, the girl dies or just both. :|

Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:43 pm

I loved it. Severine is one of my favourite Bond Girls, and easily the best one for years. Years and years. I even agree with Naomi Harris that her character 'considers herself Bond's equal'. That's always a pet hate with me, but in this instance, she's actually correct. She does 'consider' herself his equal - she just isn't, and realises that. It makes perfect sense for the future relationship between Moneypenny and Bond that they have somethin he can constantly tease her about, and why should every desk jockey at MI6 have always been a desk jockey? Likewise, it was good to see that M had some experience - after all, no-one starts at the top.

I loved the nods to the other films, the new Q (although I kept thinking it seemed to have been written for Benedict Cumberbatch). The notion of new replacing old, outdated techniques etc seemed a little laboured, but I didn't care, and The Fighting Temeraire is one of my favourite pictures anyway. A proper Bond villain, not only completely insane but deformed as well. A vulnerable Bond, being cynical and world-weary. Wit, charm, violence, explosions, excitement, danger. Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Well, for what it's worth ... I really enjoyed it. An exciting, amusing (easily the least 'dour' of Craig's 3 to date) action-adventure that manages to respect the franchise's past, has a villain with contemporary relevance and sets up the future of the series nicely. Dug the performances, Newman's score and Deakins' cinematography (special mention for Bond 'stalking' Patrice through the Shanghai skyscraper and the moors lit by the burning Skyfall house ... stunning). The 2 hours and 20 just breezed by.

As for the DB5 being kitted out with the original 'timeline' gadgetry ... eh, I'll let that go in the spirit of it being an anniversary nod. And more of Silva and (especially) Severine would've been good ... I know a lot of the Bond girls have been in the films merely to advance the plot, sleep with him and then die, but she may just be the most blatant example of that yet. But other than that, they did good.

This sums it up very nicely. More Silva would definitley been better. The ending for me was arguably the best part because it means we are back to the traditional Bond.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Of note is as M is standing by the coffins a woman behind me whispered, "they said 7 killed but there's 8 coffins".

Now that's perception.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:

Somehow liked how the DB5 had the gadgets still. Craig could've done with a moment in the kitchen at Skyfall where they look over their weaponry and then clicks his fingers: "The Aston, it's fully storked."
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Hilly wrote:
Of note is as M is standing by the coffins a woman behind me whispered, "they said 7 killed but there's 8 coffins".

Now that's perception.

I wondered about that, but then I realised that the news report actually said something about initial reports said seven dead and several injured, so I figured someone died of their injuries.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Now that's perception.

I wondered about that, but then I realised that the news report actually said something about initial reports said seven dead and several injured, so I figured someone died of their injuries.

I was tempted a moment after Tanner opened the door whether to turn to the woman and whisper loudly: "MAYBE SOMEONE DIED IN HOSPITAL!"

and then SHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH!

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:43 pm

It's a modern malaise, people being unwilling to shut their yaps in the cinema.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:59 pm

I remember going to see Revenge of the Sith and being subjected to a running commentary by the woman sat next to me, who was crunching her way through a bag of sweets throughout. Everything from speculating how far along in her pregnancy Amidala was, to how long between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith for her to get knocked up, and when was he going to turn into Darth Vader....

It still amazes me she got out of the cinema alive.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
It still amazes me she got out of the cinema alive.

I suppose you were younger and kinder back then.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:45 pm

You're half right
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Well, Joe Public in the coffee shop this afternoon overheard by self saying about Skyfall: "It was shit, I fell asleep for ten minutes.
Girlfriend's friend: "I thought it was good."
Fella: "You did? Just another Bond film, gets the girl, get's the villain, same thing."

Seemed worthy of this thread somehow. Poor sap.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:49 pm

Pearls before swine.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Wouldn't like to imagine what he wanted instead. Bond dying, Bond girls drowning...something.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Hilly wrote:
Wouldn't like to imagine what he wanted instead. Bond dying, Bond girls drowning...something.

Funnily enough, SKYFALL isn't too different to that either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion    [SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion  Empty

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] Skyfall: Post-Viewing Discussion
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next