These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Do the other action sequences live up to the standard set by the pre-titles?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Yes
20%
 20% [ 2 ]
No
80%
 80% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Location : I don't know what things will be like in 3 years. I don't have 2020 vision.

PostSubject: Do the other action sequences live up to the standard set by the pre-titles?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:43 am

I read one review that says the 'third act' doesn't quite compare and another that says the other action pieces aren't explosive.

Put all your spoilers in spoiler-mode like this shit below

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Saunders...V Section
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Do the other action sequences live up to the standard set by the pre-titles?   Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:58 am

I loved the PTS and consider it among the best of the series and although there are some great action sequences the rest of the film dosen't match it for sheer energy and excitement.
Back to top Go down
M
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Do the other action sequences live up to the standard set by the pre-titles?   Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:05 am

Even though most of the action throughout the film was good, especially good in brief moments, I still voted no here. The PTS had more suspense, excitement, adrenaline and originality.
Back to top Go down
http://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Do the other action sequences live up to the standard set by the pre-titles?   Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:05 pm

I'd need to see it again to fully judge. Really enjoyed some of the 'smaller' action moments like -

Spoiler:

and -

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Do the other action sequences live up to the standard set by the pre-titles?   Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:49 am

Well, I can't say I was unsatisfied with the ending, or felt it didn't live up to the rest of the film. It's a long film, and pacing is a bit of an issue because there's a lot going on. But there's a lot of action sequences, and it wouldn't be correct to say the end action sequence is not as good as the beginning.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Do the other action sequences live up to the standard set by the pre-titles?   Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:11 am

No, I think the opening sequence is probably the best, though I do love the shootout at the hearing, and the fight with Patrice. It's definitely a set piece - CR had the luxury of having the Madagascar chase, the airport trouble and the falling house in Venice; Quantum of Solace had the car chase, the foot chase, the boat chase, Tosca, the plane chase and the shootout at Perla De Las Dunas. The pre titles sequence in Skyfall felt like the only sequence comparable to those (though the finale matches that of Perla de las Dunas).

But is it entirely original? I thought the motorbike on the rooftops in Saigon was much more exciting and Bondian, and the foot chase in Siena was much more picturesque. I still enjoyed it, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the other action sequences live up to the standard set by the pre-titles?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: James Bond Fan Area-
Jump to: