More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay Empty
PostSubject: Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay   Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay $%28KGrHqJ,!jIFBe7bNnkWBQhtj1Bizg~~60_1

Quote :
British Bulldog - Jack (DD007)
Jack is named after the bold Union Jack flag that's emblazoned across his back and directly honours the original 1941 model. Jack is also making a special appearance in the 23rd James Bond movie, Skyfall, released in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Bond film series. To commemorate his starring role Jack has the enviable reference number DD007

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Doulton-Dog-British-Bulldog-Jack-DD007-BRAND-NEW-IN-BOX-/130789873927?pt=UK_Collectables_Disneyana_EH&hash=item1e73af1907
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay   Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:46 pm

That eBay seller's going to regret selling his Bulldog for just £25: Royal Doulton has sold out of them now, and Christmas demand has pushed them to 10 times as much. Maybe Dogbond has bought the lot? :suspect:

I don't think the high prices will last as they'll be back in the shops in Feb 2013, by which time the price will be probably be a more sensible 50 quid or so. Still, shows what a chord a patriotic Bond has struck with the British public. Eurocrats should take note.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
That eBay seller's going to regret selling his Bulldog for just £25: Royal Doulton has sold out of them now, and Christmas demand has pushed them to 10 times as much. Maybe Dogbond has bought the lot? :suspect:

I don't think the high prices will last as they'll be back in the shops in Feb 2013, by which time the price will be probably be a more sensible 50 quid or so. Still, shows what a chord a patriotic Bond has struck with the British public. Eurocrats should take note.

Aye, Ambler. And although I'm no Limey and recoil at what has happened to England, I wouldn't mind owning one of those bulldogs myself. Would fit nicely in my office.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay   Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

Aye, Ambler. And although I'm no Limey and recoil at what has happened to England, I wouldn't mind owning one of those bulldogs myself. Would fit nicely in my office.

Same here. It's a pretty neat piece, aside from just being Bond memorabilia.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay   Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:52 am

Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay Tumblr_mdulwl9MZ31r358q4o1_r6_500

Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay Tumblr_mdulwl9MZ31r358q4o2_r8_500
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay   Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 am

I just watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and couldn't help notice that 'C' (John Hurt) had a pair of Doulton bulldogs on his desk. This is about 2/3 of the way into the film.
The film is set in 1973, so those bloody things have been around for a while.
Do you suppose it's traditional for the head of MI6 to have one in his office, but Mawdsley was the only one since to have the poor taste to leave it out in plain sight?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay   Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:13 pm

Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay Tinker_Tailor_jack_bulldogs
Back to top Go down
British Vulture

British Vulture

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay   Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:29 am

That's really interesting! :shock:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay   Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay Empty

Back to top Go down

Jack the Bulldog sold on Ebay
Page 1 of 1