More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.

Go down 
+12
Vesper
dr. strangelove
Walecs
Stamper
Moore
CJB
lachesis
Control
MBalje
trevanian
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. Empty
PostSubject: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:38 pm

Well, it's an end of an era. SKYFALL will be the last film with Purvis & Wade's involvement.

Quote :
Screenwriter John Logan has been hired to write Bond 24, and he will pen it on his own.

On Skyfall, he was brought in by director Sam Mendes and producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli to re-write the existing Skyfall screenplay that had been created by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade.

Purvis and Wade had worked on a total of five Bond pictures, starting with 1999’s The World Is Not Enough — which is a strong record — but they felt it was time to move on. ‘They’ve had a tremendous run,’ an executive associated with the pair told me.

The outline for Bond 24 is a closely held secret and so far just Wilson, Broccoli, Craig and trusted aides know the storyline for the film featuring Ian Fleming’s ‘blunt instrument’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2223251/Skyfall-licence-print-money-plans-start-filming-James-Bond-movie-motion.html
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:43 pm

'They felt it was time to move on'.

Yep...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:47 pm

I can just imagine the smiles on all your faces. ;)

Depending on how Bond 24 turns out, I think I'll miss them. I like their concepts, and how they updated CR. But we'll see.

"It will be a shame to destroy what little we have left of our past".

Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. Sophie-Marceau-Elektra-King-bond-girls-3324494-262-400
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Sole author screenplays are pretty rare these days. Be interesting to see if Logan's is the only writing credit come Bond 24.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Bruce Feirstein, anyone? :)
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:52 pm

FieldsMan wrote:

Let him remain in the doldrums of Bond video games.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:08 am

FieldsMan wrote:

Harvey Fierstein, anyone?

Will I actually wind up longing for the days of Christopher Wood? At least he wrote some surprisingly proper novelizations.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:28 am

If true there have the time to write Johnny English 3 with this time a Pierce Brosnan cameo who isn't written out the movie. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:32 am

Good riddance.

Tyler Perry for Bond 25.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:43 am

I think EON should hire an untried writer for its $150M film.

I suggest Prisoner Monkeys.

Gonna start that petition now.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:57 am

Best Bond news I have heard in some time.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 2:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRvAAYjmqkE#t=0m42s
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 2:57 am

Good to hear, I'm ready for a shake up. I hold nothing against them, I feel like they were thrown into something they really couldn't handle.

They kind of make me think of Raymond Benson. They are fans, have some okay ideas, and really want to make a good product, but they really just couldn't do it.

I'm sure if I was in their shoes I would have eagerly accepted the offer to, but yeah....their track record is pretty dismal.
Back to top Go down
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:35 am

I'm not quite sure... those guys never did create any scene on their own... they were basically handed the scenes and had to flesh them out, secretary style, after hours of board meeting with Barbara and Michael.

Totally different from a writer who just sells a concept, and go to draft 120 pages un-mentored.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 pm

FieldsMan wrote:

He has done a lot of bad mess for the moment. He better leave the series as well.

CJB wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRvAAYjmqkE#t=0m42s

I love this post. Glad you also used that version. Not the one with the Newbie song.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:04 am

This is the best Bond news in a long, long time. Purivs, Wade, Arnold and Dench all should have been fired when EON decided to "reboot" the franchise 6 years ago. It's a damn shame that it took three films into Craig's tenure to FINALLY be rid of all these Brosnan-era hangovers.

I have yet to see Logan's work on SKYFALL, but I can't imagine that it could possibly be any worse than what these two clowns produced.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:12 am

I can imagine worse: Bruce Feirstien's return.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:57 am

Having seen SF, I am a-ok with Logan returning. I was very cautious about the news of him being hired for 23 because my biggest impression of his work at that time was STAR TREK NEMESIS, but this was a major major improvement from that dog of a script (I always assumed Rick Berman was a big factor in NEMESIS's failings, now I'm confident he was). But, this will be his first solo effort without any groundwork laid by Purvis & Wade (I think they were better ideas men than actual script writers), so we'll see how Logan churns out a 007 story all by himself I guess. He's probably the best thing to come along since Michael France.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:11 am

Mabey if be fine if Logan get help from Jeffrey Caine who with Michael France and Bruce Feirstein wrote Goldeneye.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:21 am

Python wrote:
Having seen SF, I am a-ok with Logan returning. I was very cautious about the news of him being hired for 23 because my biggest impression of his work at that time was STAR TREK NEMESIS, but this was a major major improvement from that dog of a script (I always assumed Rick Berman was a big factor in NEMESIS's failings, now I'm confident he was). But, this will be his first solo effort without any groundwork laid by Purvis & Wade (I think they were better ideas men than actual script writers), so we'll see how Logan churns out a 007 story all by himself I guess. He's probably the best thing to come along since Michael France.

I knew him based on Gladiator (which I find horribly overrated) and Hugo (which I enjoyed immensely), so I was at a crossroads. tongue

Edit: Having looked at his imdb page, he also wrote The Aviator, which I liked too. I'll wait until I see Skyfall; Bond's an entirely different beast.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Another writer will probably still come in to do some work on them before shooting, P&W stated in an interview that it's pretty much EON's policy to have a second set of eyes go over the script.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:07 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Python wrote:

I knew him based on Gladiator (which I find horribly overrated) and Hugo (which I enjoyed immensely), so I was at a crossroads. tongue

Edit: Having looked at his imdb page, he also wrote The Aviator, which I liked too. I'll wait until I see Skyfall; Bond's an entirely different beast.

He was the first writer on AVIATOR - his work on that ended around 1996, I think. Don't think much of what you see is his, unless it is structure.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:34 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I knew him based on Gladiator (which I find horribly overrated)
I believe Logan only wrote the first act of the film ... which owes a lot to Titus Andronicus.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:48 am

So it looks like Bond 24 may be the first film he writes by himself ;)
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:55 am

As Vesper said, EON like to have someone take a look at the script before shooting starts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.   Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo. Empty

Back to top Go down

Purvis & Wade depart the series, Logan to write Bond 24 solo.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: SPECTRE (2015)-
Jump to: