More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Lana Del Rey

Go down 
+9
Harmsway
bitchcraft
GeneralGogol
Prisoner Monkeys
Control
Santa
Largo's Shark
Salomé
Vesper
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

Lana Del Rey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Not sure if I like it or just feel indifferent to this:

Nice vocals though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:15 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Vesper wrote:
Not sure if I like it or just feel indifferent to this:

Nice vocals though.

Sounds like she's been injected with Novocaine.

Not impressed.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Yep, first thing that came to my mind too: what's in her mouth?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 pm

I bet it tastes like Pepsi-Cola.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:04 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Said it before, but Lana Del Rey's career trajectory is a great disappointment to me. She got everything right on that first EP yet now it's clear that that was a complete fluke. Since then, everything by her has been derivative and often under-produced. She really needs a decent producer and management team to tell her what's good and bad because it's clear she has no idea at all.

Lana may make another great record someday, but it won't eradicate the directionless, unstructured and mediocre tracks she's been spewing out for the last year. Everything she puts out diminishes what went before.

If you dig into her back catalogue, I don't think it's that surprising. She's quite prolific, but when you consider the number of really good songs out of all the songs she's written and recorded it's a pretty small margin. She tried out how many styles and sounds until she found one that worked?

That said, her growing embrace of the mainstream/vice versa probably means she will be around for a while longer. So she's probably more likely to at least have a chance of producing another great record, versus drinking herself to death or whatever it is she was doing beforehand.

I'm pretty happy to have someone out there writing actual songs, even if they're misses, than hearing the same modern RnB beat over and over again. If that makes sense,
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:20 pm

I respect her - she keeps trying. She may have a mouthful of Pepsi-Cola in her mouth at times, but at least she doesn't sound like a generic Britney/Rihanna/Beyonce/etc. whose songs are produced by the same mafia.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Not a big fan of Rihanna, but I like Beyonce's DANGEROUSLY IN LOVE and Britney's BLACKOUT. Nothing wrong with sticking to a production Mafia when they've got skills.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:52 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:55 am

Love Blue Jeans...well at least this remix of it. Got it on a neat French released cd which features 6 remixes of it.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:05 am

g

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:41 pm

g

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:44 pm

g

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:21 am

Ketamine Crucifix. Isn't that one of Rave's home movies?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 11:13 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 1:53 pm

I liked Ultraviolence.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 3:37 pm

I liked it. First listened to it in one session, super drunk, in the dark, staring out a window at a glowing telcom tower on the mountain. There was something atmospheric about those opening riffs on Cruel World, and the way that song escalates. I thought it worked really well as an album, and there's some solid tracks that work on their own there. The first five tracks are really solid and I think rather cohesive. I liked Born To Die a lot more than others, but by contrast it really was all over the place.

I liked Florida Kilos.

Re: Interscope wanting Epworth to replace the Auberbach album, it doesn't surprise me. Black Beauty and Old Money are far closer to what she's had a hit in with the Gatsby dirge and I'm guessing more along the lines of what they were expecting.

Interesting artist, in any case, which is more than can be said for a lot of modern pop stars. I'm not sure how much of her perceived directionless and changed personas and musical styles is a put on mystique or genuine, but Ultraviolence felt like a refined version of some of her rawer pre-Lana work eg. https://soundcloud.com/daniel-nicolas-ortega/tired-of-singing-the-blues
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 4:44 pm

g

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 5:13 pm

I'm not really all that well versed in mrs. Del Rey's opinions on worldly matters, but her fascination with a misogynist and racist like Axl Rose is a tiny bit odd.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 5:14 pm

g

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 5:39 pm

x

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Not only does her pussy taste like pepsi-cola, but if you spell Lana backwards....
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:54 am

If only she was a better live act, she su**s at that people say. She justought to do small gigs, barroom size.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 1:03 pm

I have never seen her live in person, but from snippets of live performances I have seen online, she doesn't seem like the most confident person on stage?

The nervous little laugh at around 3:00 was apparently caused by a fan who kissed her hand.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Read somewhere NME Mojo or Clash that her manager tried to shove her up the stadium rock ladder, so so wrong for her. I think she hates it and her stuff isn't suited. I really fear they 're burning her out in a few, would be a shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lana Del Rey   Lana Del Rey - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lana Del Rey
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next