More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Title ideas for Bond 23

Go down 
+22
Seve
MBalje
tiffanywint
Chang
Lazenby.
GeneralGogol
Perilagu Khan
colly
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
Gravity's Silhouette
bitchcraft
SJK91
CJB
Control
Jack Wade
lalala2004
Moore
w7
Largo's Shark
Salomé
Louis Armstrong
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:44 pm

The sorely missed St. George once suggested A Whisper of Hate, and I still think that's the best title suggestion I've heard. Unlike most, I'm none too keen on Shatterhand as either a title or a villain's name. I think Fleming hit a clam here.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
The sorely missed St. George once suggested A Whisper of Hate, and I still think that's the best title suggestion I've heard. Unlike most, I'm none too keen on Shatterhand as either a title or a villain's name. I think Fleming hit a clam here.

I like the word WHISPER in a title, but not sure if A WHISPER OF HATE does it for me. I've seen this title floating around for a long time and I love it: FROM A WHISPER TO A SCREAM. It's also the alternative title for a little-seen 1987 movie called The Offspring, so I don't think there would be any problem if EON wanted to use it.

Honestly, I would even accept MONDAYS ARE HELL, YOU ASKED FOR IT, and THE ROUGH WITH THE SMOOTH over the remaining short story titles.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:22 pm

If any of the remaining short story titles will actually fit the film's story, then I wouldn't be averse to see them used. If most people won't understand what the hell "The Hildebrandt Rarity" or "Risico" means, I doubt it would detract them from seeing the film. The title of QOS was criticized and drew a lot of "wtf" reactions, but it didn't affect the film's box office much. However given that Mendes is directing, there is a 33% chance that "Road" will be in the title.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:15 pm

RISICO ROAD.
---------7----7-----

Sounds like a Disney song.

My suggestion:

C(R)A$HINO ROYALE
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:56 am

Of the remaining Fleming titles, only Shatterhand really stands out as something dynamic enough. I definitely agree with GS over The Property of A Lady being a bad title to use, not only due to it's Lifetime TV Movie vibe, but also it's very noticeable prior use in OP, as we've already had a p*** poor modern Bond film unjustifiably nicking it's title from dialogue from a vastly superior classic Bond film with TWINE. Don't want the Babs era associated with a Rog classic like OP in even the smallest of ways, thank you very much.

Another passable Fleming chapter title would be Blood And Thunder which, though a tad generic, at least has some oomph about it. Same with Death In The Face, taken from the Japanese proverb at the start of the YOLT novel. As long as they avoid The Property Of A Lady, The Hildebrand Rarity and Risico, I'll likely be okay with whatever title they go with, as long as it's not just a lame "die, kill, gold" etc pastiche title.

At the end of the day, if they're making an action flick like QOS, it shouldn't have a title that seems to have some kind of faux-intellectual pretensions IMO. I was okay with the QOS title when it was announced, but once I watched the film itself, it seemed like a pretty stupid title to give to a fairly numb-nutted action flick.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:42 pm

THE PROPERTY OF A LADY sounds like a bleeding Merchant Ivory flick, or something Anthony Minghella would have done. Not good.
Back to top Go down
Chang
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Chang

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:53 pm

Leave the remaining Fleming titles alone. They're not suitable. QOS was pushing it. It didn't work.
Use your minds, and come up with a title that has a Bondesque feel, without sounding shit.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:42 pm

But can we trust the mind of Miccoli? I almost think Fleming's leavings are likely to be superior to anything Babs and Wilson can come up with.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:35 pm

I suggest, Trust is Not Enough
or Trust Until We Die
or Death Trust and Solace.

Actually those aren't mine. Those are Marc Forster's suggestions which leaked onto the web.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Here's a coupla idears:

The Order of the Black Bone
Backscatter
Gambling With the Gods
Spheres of Suppression
Ramrod
The Illyrian Quotient
Last Flight to Capetown
The Brisbane Manifesto
The Trebizond Sortie
Professor Hiss
Nine Miles from Mombasa
The Haiphong Gradient
The Batavian Helix
The Scimitar’s Wake
Irresistible Force
The Praetorian Dimension
The Tantric Hypothesis
Payload 56
The Presence of Malice
The Ratio of Consequences
The Anubis Equation
The Mirage of Fate
Veil of Deceit
Hard Currency
Blast Radius
Smoke and Ash
Acidbolt
A Snowball’s Chance
The Cold Edge
A Second Time for Everything
The Taste of Flames
The Holborne Effect
The Path of Most Resistance
Deep Freeze
Deadlock
No Quarter
Maelstrom
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Bond 23:
Propety Of A Lady
Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Bond 24:
007 in New York

Another one i consider for Bond 24 be ''Never Send Flowers'' but on the moment ''007 in New York'' be my title choose. Another one consider be ''Even dead care about us'' or ''Dead Even Care about us''. I believe that one of those 2 last one be said in earlier Bond movie.

Bond 25:
The Hildebrand Rarity

The work title of those 3 movies together: The Living Tree.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:28 am

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:

The Order of the Black Bone
Ramrod
Payload 56

If Ron Jeremy can sort out a fake Sam Mendes ID quickly, the franchise would be back on top in no time with this trilogy. 8)
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:58 pm

laugh
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:02 am

Khan, I like your Professor Hiss. In the tradition of DN and GF. Professor Hiss might also come with a proper underground villain lair , cartoon henchmen and squads of girls in tight outfits populating the lair and doing various chores for him.I can hope.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: w   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:51 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Khan, I like your Professor Hiss. In the tradition of DN and GF. Professor Hiss might also come with a proper underground villain lair , cartoon henchmen and squads of girls in tight outfits populating the lair and doing various chores for him.I can hope.

I'll do what I can.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:22 am

"Professor Hiss" has me conjuring images of Ralph Fiennes' extremely camp Voldemort, snake fixation and all. laugh

Like the title "Hard Currency" though. Its got a tough vibe to it.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:25 pm

colly wrote:
"Professor Hiss" has me conjuring images of Ralph Fiennes' extremely camp Voldemort, snake fixation and all. laugh

That would work. Professore Hiss with a snake fixation. He could attack Bond with killer snakes.
Bond could fall into a snake pit, in the high tech underground lair, and fight them just like in MR, but maybe make the snake a little less rubber this time.

I can see henchwomen in tight snake-skin outfits with scary snake emblems.

This idea has real possbibilities.
Back to top Go down
SJK91
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SJK91

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:20 am

I always though Shirley Bassey's song title, "No Good About Goodbye" would have made a good title...not sure how they'd use it now with all of the Vesper stuff wrapped up...but I kind of like it.

The abbreviations would be NGAG though...it would be setting itself up for the butt of many jokes 8)

I don't understand why they are not using some non-Fleming book titles...I rather like High Time to Kill and Never Dream of Dying...although both of them have "Kill" and "Die" in the title; something I think the Bond filmmakers should try to avoid from now on.

I do like the title 'Carte Blanche', but I think that is completely out of the question.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:56 pm

SJK91 wrote:
I do like the title 'Carte Blanche', but I think that is completely out of the question.
I remember someone on the old MI6 saying they looked forward to Deaver's next Bond novel, Bon Appetit laugh

Here are some titles I like a lot.

Generic but grandiose:
Blood and Thunder, Pandora's Box
Common phrases:
Devil in the Detail, Hell or High Water, My Enemy's Enemy
Code-names:
Cardinalstrike, Konspiratsia
Suggestive:
Naked Warfare
Bond's a British navy man, remember?:
By Royal Command, For Special Services

There's a wealth of good titles out there if you look for them.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:17 am

colly wrote:
Personally I think "Risico" could be used quite well as a villain name - whether then you'd use it for the movie title is another question.
Quote :
And, for arguments sake, I will assume that no one wants any more titles with the words Gold, Live, Die, or Kill in them.
Highly agreed - though I'd also add DEATH as well to the rather bland title words.

colly wrote:
Though I dont mind some of Gardner's titles - FOR SPECIAL SERVICES might be a good ring if we're finally getting back the "true" Bond.

agreed, although I think "Win, Lose Or Die" is a natural somewhere down the line, they still need to wait another decade or so, until TND and DAD have faded from the memory

colly wrote:
Can't say I find too much mystique in SHAMELADY either - sounds like a description for Sandra Bullock.

que? I like it myself, Fleming obviously did too, so if it's good enough for Ian it's good enough for EON

Sharky wrote:

Regarding both meanings, HELL IS HERE would be another good choice.

this is not a bad idea either
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
The sorely missed St. George

Careful, Ed. It only takes two doctors' signatures.

Which reminds me, Rugmuncher is still the best unused title.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:30 am

Avarice wrote:

Babs would approve. I'm sure Craig wouldn't mind lifting his skirt over his head.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:40 am

CJB wrote:
Avarice wrote:

Babs would approve. I'm sure Craig wouldn't mind lifting his skirt over his head.

Wow! This humor never happened at the other site.

<clearing throat>

But at the risk of appearing to be making light dinner conversation, I would like to include some serious title suggestions:

THE DEATH COLLECTOR (I forgot which book this was a chapter title from, but I love it). Bond is a collector of death: he collects the lives of those whom he has to kill.

ICEBREAKER no chance that is going to happen

DEATH WITH EVERYTHING (another chapter title, this time from Never Send Flowers if I recall correctly) Sounds like something you order off a restaurant menu

SHAMELADY...mysterious and evocative
THE EYE THAT NEVER SLEEPS
FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY
FOR SPECIAL SERVICES
NOBODY LIVES FOREVER
WIN, LOSE, OR DIE
PERMISSION TO DIE
BROKENCLAW
SHATTERHAND (you don't even need to advertise the movie; anyone hearing the word Shatterhand KNOWS it's a James Bond movie; a very powerful choice).

Titles I don't want:
THE PROPERTY OF A LADY...besides having already formed the basis of OCTOPUSSY, the title sounds as if it is a Lifetime Television Movie of the Week starring Tori "Mother May I Sleep With Danger" Spelling

RISICO...basing an entire movie's title off of the way a foreigner attempts to pronounce "risk" is a bit of a gamble.

THE HILDEBRAND RARITY...doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

Commentary: EON could have "gone back to Fleming" titles during Brosnan's era and they chose not to. If THE PROPERTY OF A LIFETIME MOVIE, RISICKO, or THE HILDEBLAND RARITY were such great titles, they would have been used way before now. EON needs to come up with an original title for BOND-23 or begin using titles from the continuation novels. But none of the three titles listed in this paragraph are worthy Bond film titles, and they were barely suitable as short story titles.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:33 am

If my memory serves me right, I think THE DEATH COLLECTOR was from YOLT. I recall you shopping it around CBn and I must admit, you have caused it to grow on me.

For some reason (hilarious because I started the sentence with for) I dislike titles that begin with the preposition 'for'.

I love THE HILDEBRAND RARITY but if they dare use it, it better make some sort of sense. I'm looking at you QoS.

Overall, there are some great titles in the Bond novels. I just beg for something to make sense.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:34 am

colly wrote:

See I think of this guy:

Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 Kaa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Title ideas for Bond 23   Title ideas for Bond 23 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Title ideas for Bond 23
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Skyfall (2012) :: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion-
Jump to: