More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0

Go down 
+47
G section
Bond Fan 90
Hilly
SarahN
Full Monty Norman
hegottheboot
Agent OO7
Makeshift Python
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
boldfinger
Prisoner Monkeys
Carruthers
Dr No
Fort Knox
General Yuskovich
retrokitty
Toppers
Fairbairn-Sykes
Moore
GreatKenji
Control
Perilagu Khan
Walecs
Mr Bond
00Beast
Drax
Chief of SIS
Manhunter
Seve
CJB
Lazenby.
Paula007
The White Tuxedo
saint mark
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
trevanian
Salomé
Vesper
James. C
tiffanywint
GeneralGogol
lachesis
Tubes
Loomis
Harmsway
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 4:22 am

woop

Yeah, Carver's fun, motorbike chase is great (I think I like it more than the car chase) and the shoot em up stuff - while it would have been great to see a SPY kind of finale, I do like the team work between Bond and Wai Lin. Plus, Wai Lin is much more capable than Anya so it's good to let her shine.

Not sure I agree with LALD being so high, but y'know, what's a forum without diversity?
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 5:35 am

FieldsMan wrote:
woop

Yeah, Carver's fun, motorbike chase is great (I think I like it more than the car chase) and the shoot em up stuff - while it would have been great to see a SPY kind of finale, I do like the team work between Bond and Wai Lin. Plus, Wai Lin is much more capable than Anya so it's good to let her shine.

Not sure I agree with LALD being so high, but y'know, what's a forum without diversity?

I knew you'd appreciate it getting some love. I agree about the bike chase.

Always saw Wai Lin as much more of a companion than a Bond girl really. She's good. Definitely the most convincing of the ass-kicking Bond girls. I've always just seen their sex at the end as a "mission accomplished!" celebration fuck.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 7:49 am

I'd agree but you could see the playfulness between the two throughout the film, and you could tell she was feeling something for him when they start packing in the bike shop, but also the hard to get act during the shower after the bike chase.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 9:58 am

I'm willing to overlook TND's flaws for the 90's nostalgia factor.

Randomly occurred to me that the PTS featured Russia agreeing to a British intelligence operation on their own soil. The world's a different place today, heh.
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:34 pm

Nobody likes A VIEW TO A KILL. Not even Roger Moore. I think it's great. One of the weirdest Bond movies, pretty dark, pretty funny (occasionally unintentionally), Roger is super old but still gives it his all. His age never bothered me. Just adds to the weirdness.

One of the darkest Bond films I think. Walken's Zorin might be my favorite villain in the entire series as well. Always loved Jones' May Day, the climax at the mine is great as is the showdown on the bridge.

Yet another Bond film no one likes where I stand (relatively) alone in defense of it.

"I'm happiest... in the saddle...!"

It's pretty much neck and neck with DAF and LALD. Relatively arbitrary ranking...

Updated Rankings:

1. A VIEW TO A KILL
2. LIVE AND LET DIE
3. DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER
4. YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
5. FOR YOUR EYES ONLY
6. TOMORROW NEVER DIES
7. LICENCE TO KILL
8. THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN
9. DIE ANOTHER DAY
10. ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE
11. NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN
12. QUANTUM OF SOLACE
13. THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:37 pm

I think LS and myself are BAB's AVTAK defence mechanisms. starshit
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 12:00 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I think LS and myself are BAB's AVTAK defence mechanisms. starshit

And now three's a crowd.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Not so sure View is 'dark' as opposed to 'tonally all over the place' ... sure we have Zorin deliberately flooding the mine and drowning (or gunning down) his workers, but we also have a 'Bond gets hit in the balls by an aerial attached to an obviously in-studio rooftop' piece of slapstick.
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Not so sure View is 'dark' as opposed to 'tonally all over the place' ... sure we have Zorin deliberately flooding the mine and drowning (or gunning down) his workers, but we also have a 'Bond gets hit in the balls by an aerial attached to an obviously in-studio rooftop' piece of slapstick.  

That's one moment. There's a lot of darkness in it. May Day killing Tibbit, the oil pipeline "headquarters" bits to name a couple. Obviously it's a Roger Moore film so we get some slapstick but overall there's a dark weirdness and part of that weirdness may potentially come from the tonal shifts but I've never been bothered by them.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 3:28 am

There are definitely slapstick bits you could have cut out. With them left in, it leaves a bad impression. I wonder if they had decided to get Dalton for this film that all of the jokey stuff would have been scrapped and that it would have been more in line with THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS. I always thought this would have made as much as a nice debut for Dalton as the one he actually did.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Watched DR. NO. Not much to be said that hasn't already been said.

Updated Rankings:

1. DR. NO
2. A VIEW TO A KILL
3. LIVE AND LET DIE
4. DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER
5. YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
6. FOR YOUR EYES ONLY
7. TOMORROW NEVER DIES
8. LICENCE TO KILL
9. THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN
10. DIE ANOTHER DAY
11. ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE
12. NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN
13. QUANTUM OF SOLACE
14. THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:15 pm

Watched MOONRAKER. End of an era and all that stuff. Also one of the most beautiful Bond films. Barry's score is probably his most ethereal for the series, Corrine is probably my favorite "minor" Bond girl, and Moore is at the height of his powers here. He's unstoppable. A few other things worth noting:

- Jaws walking down that back alley in that clown suit is easily the most terrifying moment in the entire series.
- Chang is one of my favorite henchmen simply because of that outrageously awesome fight in the museum(?).
- I wish more people appreciated this for what it is: exotic escapism to the max.

Updated Rankings:

1. DR. NO
2. A VIEW TO A KILL
3. LIVE AND LET DIE
4. DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER
5. YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
6. MOONRAKER
7. FOR YOUR EYES ONLY
8. TOMORROW NEVER DIES
9. LICENCE TO KILL
10. THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN
11. DIE ANOTHER DAY
12. ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE
13. NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN
14. QUANTUM OF SOLACE
15. THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:32 am

Saw some of SKYFALL on TV. I'm actually making an effort to not watch Bond films for awhile so that I can revisit them as fresh as possible, especially newer ones that come along. This I just stumbled onto. It was when Bond and M arrived and the lodge. This film grabs me in a way that few do post-Saltzman. I just want to emphasize how glad I am that Mendes will return and I do hope Newman will follow suit.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 9:02 pm

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE

Dry in many areas, fun in a few areas. Holds some of the greatest photography in the franchise, from the legendary Freddie Young, and one of my favorite film scores.

I'm wonder why Henderson was even in this film. If you took him out, would you even notice a hiccup in the story? Television networks airing the film could omit his scenes and I don't think anyone would give a damn. Totally worthless character in a sketchy-at-best screenplay.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 9:11 pm

YOLT: the only film in which Donald Pleasence stinks.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 5:57 am

Pleasence really only had the iconography going for him. After a strong lineup of villains in the first four films, Blofeld really is underwhelming and I just can't buy him as the guy that gave orders to previous villains. Like the film itself, he's too much of a Saturday morning cartoon caricature.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 7:03 am

Control wrote:

Dry in many areas, fun in a few areas.

But enough about Helga, what did you think of the movie?
Back to top Go down
Agent OO7

Agent OO7

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:20 am

With the announcement of Spectre, I revisted YOLT. I've always loved the soundtrack for this film, especially Nancy Sinatra's track (my favourite of them all), and the set pieces are to die for. Connery's effort is laughable, but it's a fun Bond.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:50 am

Did OHMSS yesterday. Such a great film! Aside from a couple of awkward lines from Lazenby, he did do a good job. He seemed to be in the moment quite often and for a first time actor that's difficult to do. Props to Hunt for eliciting such a good performance, but a lot of it probably has to do with the fact that Lazzer had a lot of the James Bond character in himself. Top notch cast, with Tracy being one of my favourite Bond girls, Telly being the best Blofeld, and Draco probably my favourite ally. Lots of great photography and the score is up there with the best. This film will struggle leaving my top 5.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:21 am

Having a first time director and lead for OHMSS will come to be regarded as one of the most stupid decisions in film history.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:41 am

Considering the praise Steven Soderbergh and others have heaped upon Peter Hunt's direction in recent years, I'm not sure that's likely.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 11:38 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Considering the praise Steven Soderbergh and others have heaped upon Peter Hunt's direction in recent years, I'm not sure that's likely.

Witnesses such as Soderbergh, who has an autographed photo of Lazenby hanging above his bed, are dismissed. Prosecution calls United Artists.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Having a first time director and lead for OHMSS will come to be regarded as one of the most stupid decisions in film history.

But why? The film certainly isn't the most stupid in the series, far from it.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 9:35 pm

On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Musically brilliant. The theme, the song, as Bond shimmies along the cable out from the cable car barn or Gumbold's Safe.
Locations.
The barn scene, the escape scene, the Bond and M scenes and the final scene. Though I half wonder if my favourite Bond moment might just be when Tracy skates up to Bond at the ice rink.
Personally I think it's as close to the book as any of the films and does it's best in that regard (such as the Samuden scenes). I guess having Bond sit in his room waiting for the chance to escape wouldn't have made for great cinema but otherwise it does it's best and the fights feel savage -aided by editing perhaps. Right up there with the Bond/Grant fight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 6:32 am

DN & FRWL

Haven't properly watched a Bond film in yonks. The above films are good for cinema-goers of all ages, unless you enjoy copious CGI, deep n' gritty Flemingianess, This-Bond-Girl-Is-Different, and This-Time-It's-Personal.

Also, just realised General Gogol is the SPECTRE chap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0 - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 2.0
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next