More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The inevitability of you missing future episodes

Go down 
+9
Nicolas Suszczyk
tiffanywint
Walecs
Makeshift Python
Loomis
Gravity's Silhouette
Largo's Shark
Fairbairn-Sykes
Stamper
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

The inevitability of you missing future episodes Empty
PostSubject: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 am

Let's face it, the series is 50 years old. If it goes on another 50 years at least, it means most of us will be missing future episodes because we will be dead and buried by then.

Doesn't it make you enraged? 👅
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:23 am

If the most upsetting thing about death is missing out on new Bonds, I think I'm fine.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:08 pm

I'm hoping I make it to 70.
Back to top Go down
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm hoping to 100. Bond will keep me going.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:19 pm

I'm hoping to die on top of Santa.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:25 pm

With me under her.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Stamper wrote:
Let's face it, the series is 50 years old. If it goes on another 50 years at least, it means most of us will be missing future episodes because we will be dead and buried by then.

I've thought about that to, many times. But think of it from Ian Fleming's perspective. He never got to bask in the worldwide phenomenon that his series became. Think of all the movies he never got to see, the billions of fans he never met, the riches and additional fame he didn't quite attain. He died way before his time. But we celebrate his legacy as it lives on in film, music, books, memorabilia, etc.....He died just as the series was on the cusp of attaining international greatness.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:02 am

Stamper wrote:

Mildly, yes.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:27 am

My thoughts: Oh well.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:41 pm

I can't think that after death we won't be able to be alive, and to watch Bond films, or talk with the people with love. I refuse to accept that. It makes our lives completely pointless.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Walecs wrote:
I can't think that after death we won't be able to be alive, and to watch Bond films, or talk with the people with love. I refuse to accept that. It makes our lives completely pointless.

I am counting on watching Bond films in the after-life. In fact I would like to advance my soul as a minor angel of sorts (God willing) that might hover about future productions unseen, "helping" them not to muck it up, by invoking the spirit of Sean, and other noble contributors of the classic-era.

When the time comes, I will point to my impeccable life's work engaged in celebrating the classic period, thus helping the Bond-verse serve the greater good.

In this small way I might humbly help to advance the divine plan for the greater glory etc.
Back to top Go down
Nicolas Suszczyk
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Nicolas Suszczyk

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:02 pm

You are trying to say you're getting old and might lose future Bond films because you're close to dying?

C'mon, you should sympathize of me! I'm 22 and I'll have at least 60 years more tolerating gunbarrels at the end, that's worse! :bom: laugh
Back to top Go down
http://goldeneyedossier.blogspot.com
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:37 pm

"I don't think the dead care about vengeance movies."
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Loomis wrote:
Stamper wrote:

Mildly, yes.

Can one be mildly outraged?

As to the original question, I fear the Bond series will lose me before I lose my life. It'll be a happy surprise if I'm still a hardcore Bondhead when I'm sitting on my front porch shaking my cane at the urchins trampling about my lawn.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Rather than just shaking your cane at them, I suspect you'll be saying "My cane is at your back but it it is a gun, not a cane, and can blow the base of your spine without a sound. You will appear to have fainted, and I will be gone. You have ten seconds to get off my lawn..."

As an English teacher, my line will probably be from Finding Forester: "How about five thoushand wordsh on why you should shtay the fuck away from my door?!"
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:28 pm

AMC Hornet wrote:
Rather than just shaking your cane at them, I suspect you'll be saying "My cane is at your back but it it is a gun, not a cane, and can blow the base of your spine without a sound. You will appear to have fainted, and I will be gone. You have ten seconds to get off my lawn..."

As an English teacher, my line will probably be from Finding Forester: "How about five thoushand wordsh on why you should shtay the fuck away from my door?!"

:)

I can only hope that none of the little urchins is the great, great grandchild of General G.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
If the most upsetting thing about death is missing out on new Bonds, I think I'm fine.

laugh

On the subject of death and Bond films, here's an article about a man who told his family to see SKYFALL instead of wasting money on flowers for his funeral:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/11/in-lieu-of-flowers-go-see-the-new-james-bond-dead-man-requests/

Talk about a Bond fan, right to the end.
Back to top Go down
Nicolas Suszczyk
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Nicolas Suszczyk

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Control wrote:
Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:

laugh

On the subject of death and Bond films, here's an article about a man who told his family to see SKYFALL instead of wasting money on flowers for his funeral:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/11/in-lieu-of-flowers-go-see-the-new-james-bond-dead-man-requests/

Such a man!
Back to top Go down
http://goldeneyedossier.blogspot.com
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Nicolas Suszczyk wrote:
Control wrote:
Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:

laugh

Such a man!

Indeed. In addition to being a man of Bond, he was in the Navy and loved Indy car racing. Must've been the hell of a man.

Requiescat in pacem, Jack.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:17 am

What a dude 8) . Great story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of you missing future episodes   The inevitability of you missing future episodes Empty

Back to top Go down

The inevitability of you missing future episodes
Page 1 of 1