More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind

Go down 
+2
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind Empty
PostSubject: Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind   Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Does Bond also have a hydrogen cyanide pill hidden in his back left molar? I must have missed it where it's mentioned how MI6 agent commit suicide if it's the only way out.

PS In spot the heineken, I'm sure Tanner was downing one when Mallory came upon both him and Q leaving the trail of breadcrumbs for Silva...

Seen it twice so far (the missus trumped me by one)....
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind   Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 12:47 am

Re: cyanide capsule. In DIE ANOTHER DAY's rehab centre scene, M reminds Bond of it, and he tells her he "threw it away years ago." This is a reference to Fleming's From Russia With Love when once given it, Bond immediately flushes it down a toilet.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind   Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 pm

:rendeer:

I'd like to know.....why didn't Eve take a few shots at Patrice while she was navigating her jeep as close to the train as possible? She did have a clean shot didn't she?

I know, driving down all those cobbled streets would probably make me cum too...but we must keep our focus....
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind   Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:39 pm

I may be stupid or may not have heard it in the film, but can someone explain this:

In the PTS, Bond gets shot by Patrice with those bullets that he gets Tanner to take a look at. So, where does Eve shoot him?

Is this something they address when they have that little friendly banter when they reunite at the MI6 bunker, but can barely understand because of the mumbling?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind   Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Bond probably had a bullet proof vest on, which took the bullet from Eve's K23B, but was either penetrated by Patrice uranium depleted (probably armour-piercing) round or hit Bond outside of the vest's coverage, due to it ricocheting off the digger.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind   Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:43 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Bond probably had a bullet proof vest on, which took the bullet from Eve's K23B, but was either penetrated by Patrice uranium depleted (probably armour-piercing) round or hit Bond outside of the vest's coverage, due to it ricocheting off the digger.

FIeldsman asks a good question. "Probably" should not have to be in any of our responses. The movie should make this much clearer. He gets shot twice, but only Patrice's shot leaves a mark. This could have been addressed in the film by simply having Patrice miss, but Bond retrieves the bullet fragments from inside the earth mover before moving forward into the train cars. Maybe this will be addressed in the Director's Commentary, or in a deleted scene. Something isn't adding up.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind   Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:56 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I may be stupid or may not have heard it in the film, but can someone explain this:

In the PTS, Bond gets shot by Patrice with those bullets that he gets Tanner to take a look at. So, where does Eve shoot him?

After MP tells him she's the one who should say sorry, Bond mentions it was only 4 ribs and some of the less vital organs...so if he was wearing a vest, the impact from her rifle was still a bitch...
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind   Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:36 am

^ That's the key exchange there. Bond essentially assures her that her shot didn't manage to cause any damage he couldn't recover from and that's all we get, but that's enough.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind   Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 am

I was contemplating the idea that perhaps she missed him, and Bond used the opportunity to fake his death because he would have heard M's instruction via the in-ear monitor. Hence why there is no wound when he's "drowning", he doesn't call, and he knows the direct instruction "Take the bloody shot". It pissed him off.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind   Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:03 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I was contemplating the idea that perhaps she missed him, and Bond used the opportunity to fake his death because he would have heard M's instruction via the in-ear monitor. Hence why there is no wound when he's "drowning", he doesn't call, and he knows the direct instruction "Take the bloody shot". It pissed him off.

This is possible, but its all guess work. With a movie you have to kinda roll with what they actually give you which in this case isn't much.

But at least we got something. Mendes didn't give us anything to explain how Bond's DB5 is suddenly right-side drive and fully tricked out with weaponry and ejector seat, just like agents used in the '60s. Bond and his pals at Q Branch I guess were feeling frisky and nostalgic.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind   Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
:rendeer:

I'd like to know.....why didn't Eve take a few shots at Patrice while she was navigating her jeep as close to the train as possible? She did have a clean shot didn't she?

I know, driving down all those cobbled streets would probably make me cum too...but we must keep our focus....
Or why she didn't try again to shoot Patrice after she shot Bond.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind   Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions that Skyfall leaves lingering on your mind
Page 1 of 1