More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Technical problems

Go down 
+36
General Yuskovich
Fairbairn-Sykes
Santa
Toppers
lachesis
James Bond
j7wild
Perilagu Khan
TedHeath
Gravity's Silhouette
danslittlefinger
bondfan06
Aston_Martini
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
Fae
tiffanywint
MOO7RE
lalala2004
G section
Blunt Instrument
Ravenstone
Louis Armstrong
Vesper
Largo's Shark
Hilly
retrokitty
CJB
Makeshift Python
Moore
FourDot
Control
The White Tuxedo
Fort Knox
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lazenby.
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Technical problems - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:17 pm

M might have to delete his current username, and then Khan could re-register with it.

Or, if the site has the option, M could create the account with a generic password, and have Khan log into it and change his password.

Shouldn't be much of a problem to sort out.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:18 pm

ambler wrote:
Another email from Khan:

Quote :
The security is indeed prickly. When I try to re-register, it informs me that my user name and password are already taken. Then when I attempt to log in, it tells me that the user name and password are incorrect.

I am about to take a brief vacation in the state of New Mexico and will return Monday. At that time I'll see about sorting all this out. In the meantime I'd appreciate it if you'd inform The Powers of my travails.

All the best,
Joe

Anyone know how to sort this out? I need Khan to hold Oppers down.

That sounds sexist. Stop or Babs will shoot.

Dan
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:38 pm

He should register with a new name. I suggest Bellybutton.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Morton Slumber?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 11:31 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
When people reply to threads where I've posted. I've switched that function off in my preferences, but they still come to me. Maybe I'll just have to mark it as spam.

I've still got that problem, but may have found the cause. For some reason, 'Watch this topic for replies' has been switched on for many threads.

Do the admins have a global setting that could turn this off? It's becoming a bit tiresome having to clear a hundred topic notifications each day, and the problem will grow as the forum becomes popular.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:59 am

[i]Thought I'd open a technical snafu thread so it doesn't clash with general enquiries.
[/i]

For some reason I can't use any of the tag functions anymore, things like quotes and italics, as the above line shows.

I've tried posting with Firefox and Chrome, my main browsers, and the problem is with both of them, so I assume it is site related. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know of a solution?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:15 am

I've merged all of the "problem" threads into this one so it could be tidied up. If we could try and post any issues into this thread, it'd be helpful.

Ambler, not sure if I can help. Mine
Spoiler:
working fine.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks, for the merge and answer, FM. I think DLF said he had no problem either so it's probably something at my end. No idea what, though...
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:50 am

Have you tried Safari?

To the moderators with more clue, am I able to sticky threads in my territory? If so, how do I do it? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:57 am

No problems here either, Ambler.

Quote :

You absolutely certain you haven't aletered any settings anywhere, either on here or on your computer? Seems real bizarre, as nobody else has had any problems with this stuff. Still, I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I come across any problems.

And Vesp, I'll look into the "stickys" thing. Pretty sure you'd be able to do it, I'll just find out exactly how then get back to you.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:58 am

[quote="Vesper"]Have you tried Safari?

To the moderators with more clue, am I able to sticky threads in my territory? If so, how do I do it? Just curious.[/quote]

This is it with Safari. No different. 😕

Last edited by ambler on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Vesper wrote:
To the moderators with more clue, am I able to sticky threads in my territory? If so, how do I do it? Just curious.
Go to the very bottom of your forum, and look in the "Permissions of this forum" box. Hit "Moderate this forum", then on the next page you can select the topic you want to moderate and do whatever.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Bugger, now I can't embed images either. You lucky people ... Looks my activity is grinding to a halt. No cheering now.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:48 pm

ambler wrote:
Bugger, now I can't embed images either. You lucky people ... Looks my activity is grinding to a halt. No cheering now.

That's gotta be something to do with your computer...

Technical problems - Page 2 Lady-Bugger--32488
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:50 pm

[quote="retrokitty"]That's gotta be something to do with your computer... [/quote]

Unlikely as I'm running OSX. Tried three browsers now. Same problem with all of them as the above attempt at quoting illustrates. As you can see, the tags are displayed but don't function.

It worked okay until last night when I tried to quote Timmer. That guy's poison, folks.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:54 pm

tiffanywint: one of nature's finest killers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:09 pm

Sharky wrote:
tiffanywint: one of nature's finest killers.

The technical problem was me. I had turned off BBCode in preferences. :x

Apologies and free blowjob to Timmer.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:38 pm

ambler wrote:
Looks my activity is grinding to a halt.

Obviously, you've reached the age where you really need to start looking at those "Do you want a biggER Peni$" and "Can you $atisfy ur Laydee everY tIMe?" emails.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:03 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
ambler wrote:
Looks my activity is grinding to a halt.

Obviously, you've reached the age where you really need to start looking at those "Do you want a biggER Peni$" and "Can you $atisfy ur Laydee everY tIMe?" emails.

Do me a favour, I'm still paying for the tit implants.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:10 pm

ambler wrote:

Do me a favour, I'm still paying for the tit implants.

They do give you somewhere to rest your pint.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Vesper wrote:
Have you tried Safari?

Yes you can do this.

Go to the opening post in the thread you want to sticky.

Go into edit on that opening post.

Scroll down the edit area until you're underneath the "preview" and "send" boxes.

There should be a black bar labelled "options".

Click on the "X" at the end of that "options" bar to open up those options.

Along the bottom of those options it reads "post topic as".

Click in the circle labelled "sticky".

Then scroll back up and click on "send" in the post editing area.

Hope this helps. Any problems, just send me a PM.

M
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:59 am

I'm getting the e-mail notifications about replies in threads I've posted in too, despite changing that to 'No' in my profile ... I wouldn't mind so much except that I had to sign up for this place with my work e-mail address, and updates that 'The Tits Thread ' has been posted in isn't really the sort of thing I want in that particular inbox. :oops:

I guess I'll try the 'Mark as spam' thing, although I'm not sure exactly how to go about it ... :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:30 am

I had that problem. Eventually I realised that the 'watch this topic for replies' has been turned on for all threads, see bottom right. To solve it you'll have to go through the board and turn it off manually, but really that facility need to default to 'don't watch' and that's the domain of the admins.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:34 am

Cheers ambler, will do.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:34 am

I've just realised there's a 'Topic(s) being watched' toggle board in the 'Preferences' section.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Technical problems
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next