More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Silva's island lair...

Go down 
+11
Prisoner Monkeys
CJB
GeneralGogol
trevanian
Hilly
Loomis
Stamper
Gravity's Silhouette
Perilagu Khan
Largo's Shark
Seve
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Silva's island lair... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva's island lair...   Silva's island lair... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:42 pm

He might change his mind every few weeks, but I'll bet his every idea is moronic.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Silva's island lair...   Silva's island lair... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:35 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
He might change his mind every few weeks, but I'll bet his every idea is moronic.

And yet he seems to hold an endless facination for you?
laugh
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Silva's island lair...   Silva's island lair... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:43 am

Silva's island lair... - Page 2 Skyfall_11_h
"Everybody needs a hobby."
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Silva's island lair...   Silva's island lair... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:55 am

Seve wrote:
I just get so curious as to how someone who is clearly too stupid to be able to form an opinion somehow manages to do it.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   Silva's island lair... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Seve wrote:
I just get so curious as to how someone who is clearly too stupid to be able to form an opinion somehow manages to do it.

Silva's island lair... - Page 2 QuantumOfSolace_111408_784

You two should find another place to meet.
Back to top Go down
KingCobra686
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
KingCobra686

PostSubject: Re: Silva's island lair...   Silva's island lair... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I agree and disagree with this. Bond still travels to marvelous, exotic and beautiful locales, but there seems to be less emphasis on the local color. There's no Junkanoo (TB), Holy Night celebration (OHMSS), street wakes (LALD), Carnival (MR), native dancing (FYEO), Palio (QoS) in SF to be sure. And this is a dying Bondian tradition that should be revived, IMO.

Spectre does a decently long scene with the parade in Mexico.

I do think that some of the more recent movies need to tone down the number of exotic locations a bit. When Bond is travelling nonstop between China, England, USA, Russia, Morocco, Bolivia, .... all in the same movie it just blurs things together and makes the movie lose a lot of identity. When the setting changes so rapidly, there pretty much isnt a setting and it forces the movie to rely a lot more on the characters and the plot.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Silva's island lair...   Silva's island lair... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 12:27 am

KingCobra686 wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
I agree and disagree with this. Bond still travels to marvelous, exotic and beautiful locales, but there seems to be less emphasis on the local color. There's no Junkanoo (TB), Holy Night celebration (OHMSS), street wakes (LALD), Carnival (MR), native dancing (FYEO), Palio (QoS) in SF to be sure. And this is a dying Bondian tradition that should be revived, IMO.

I do think that some of the more recent movies need to tone down the number of exotic locations a bit.  When Bond is travelling nonstop between China, England, USA, Russia, Morocco, Bolivia, ....  all in the same movie it just blurs things together and makes the movie lose a lot of identity.  When the setting changes so rapidly, there pretty much isnt a setting and it forces the movie to rely a lot more on the characters and the plot.  

PK would have wrote that before SP's release.

But I do agree. I prefer less location hopping. Bond in Jamaica (DN), Bond in Istanbul (FRWL), Bond in the Bahamas (TB), Bond in Japan (YOLT), Bond in Switzerland (OHMSS) and Bond in Vegas (DAF) really give you a good sense of being the location because you're there for an extended period of time. And you're invited into different pockets of each respective location, which to me is in line with Fleming using his books as travelogues.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Silva's island lair...   Silva's island lair... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 9:58 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
KingCobra686 wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

I do think that some of the more recent movies need to tone down the number of exotic locations a bit.  When Bond is travelling nonstop between China, England, USA, Russia, Morocco, Bolivia, ....  all in the same movie it just blurs things together and makes the movie lose a lot of identity.  When the setting changes so rapidly, there pretty much isnt a setting and it forces the movie to rely a lot more on the characters and the plot.  

But I do agree. I prefer less location hopping. Bond in Jamaica (DN), Bond in Istanbul (FRWL), Bond in the Bahamas (TB), Bond in Japan (YOLT), Bond in Switzerland (OHMSS) and Bond in Vegas (DAF) really give you a good sense of being the location because you're there for an extended period of time. And you're invited into different pockets of each respective location, which to me is in line with Fleming using his books as travelogues.

I especially agree with this. I think SPECTRE underused its locations, except for Mexico City.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Silva's island lair...   Silva's island lair... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 9:40 am

Interesting point. It's been a while since we've had a Bond film that really focuses in on one locale.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Silva's island lair...   Silva's island lair... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 2:56 am

The last time could have been Russia in GE, but even then, it's a little general since we visit St Petersburg and Severnaya between Monte Carlo and Cuba, as opposed to mostly Istanbul and surrounds in FRWL.

Walecs wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
KingCobra686 wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

I especially agree with this. I think SPECTRE underused its locations, except for Mexico City.

Exactly - Mr White could have lived anywhere, and likewise, Swann could have worked at any clinic. I didn't mind the use of Rome, except the car chase could have been more dangerous by including more cars on the road. Morocco could have been better if Bond didn't spend half of the time in that hotel room.

So yeah, I agree - locations were underused a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silva's island lair...   Silva's island lair... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Silva's island lair...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2