More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand Empty
PostSubject: Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand   Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:24 am

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t2166-do-you-want-to-gunge-mrs-aural-sects

This recent joke thread, created by me under the request of SILHOUETTEMAN was locked by Gravity's Silhouette on the flimsiest of reasons. Were there any complaints? Did Dog Bond herself feel exploited or humiliated? Why wasn't this decision discussed with other mods in The Shark Pool? Haven't we learned anything from timmer's red pen scandal?

I'd like to know more, otherwise BAB risks giving in to prudishness and censorship.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand   Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:52 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t2166-do-you-want-to-gunge-mrs-aural-sects

This recent joke thread, created by me under the request of SILHOUETTEMAN was locked by Gravity's Silhouette on the flimsiest of reasons. Were there any complaints? Did Dog Bond herself feel exploited or humiliated? Why wasn't this decision discussed with other mods in The Shark Pool? Haven't we learned anything from timmer's red pen scandal?

I'd like to know more, otherwise BAB risks giving in to prudishness and censorship.

No one complained.

I saw the thread....I made a judgement call. That's what moderators do. There is no danger of "prudishness and censorship". There's plenty of adult material in the Baker Street Forum. But I felt that thread, where it explicitly named a fellow poster, and asked people to vote on whether they wanted to do sexual stuff to her, crossed a line. What qualifies as "the line"? I don't know. I just know it when I see it.

Had the thread been more vague and generic, rather than singling out one individual, then I might have had less problem with it.

I wasn't aware that every decision needed to be run past other moderators. Some decisions need to be made on the spot. If the other moderators, and Mrs. Aural Sects don't mind it, then it can go back up.

I have rarely used my position as Moderator here, but this was one time that it felt the right thing to do.

And I have no idea what the "timmer's red pen scandal" was that you are referring to.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand   Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:22 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
And I have no idea what the "timmer's red pen scandal" was that you are referring to.
When tiffinywint deleted a post of Jack Wade's in the American politics thread because he didn't like liberal views mixed with snark, even though he does the same kind of condescending posts.

As for the Dog Bond thread, I don't see the issue if Dog and her husband do take it with good humor. I'll open it.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand   Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:59 am

I saw the thread....I made a judgement call.

You should have trusted me to finish the job.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand   Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
I saw the thread....I made a judgement call.

You should have trusted me to finish the job.

Knowing who to trust is everything in this business.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand   Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:09 pm

It made the eyebrow rise Mooreishly but I didn't see too much wrong with it. As people say if Mrs Sects and co had a problem, then perhaps lock it.

If Silo had an avatar it might not be too bad :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand   Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Hilly wrote:
It made the eyebrow rise Mooreishly but I didn't see too much wrong with it. As people say if Mrs Sects and co had a problem, then perhaps lock it.

If Silo had an avatar it might not be too bad :)

All in all, I think the process worked. We resolved the situation amongst ourselves without it escalating or dragging on or having to have M work as referee.

A thread was made.
An objection was noted.
An appeal was made.
The appeal sustained.
Everyone walks away happy.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand   Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:24 am

Python wrote:
When tiffinywint deleted a post of Jack Wade's in the American politics thread because he didn't like liberal views mixed with snark, even though he does the same kind of condescending posts.

With all due love and respect Python, I deleted the post because it was a blatant namecalling post. If you want to assume a lot of other garbage, I dont' care. I submitted the evidence to the Admin of the day. He'd had at least two formal warnings from Admin. If you don't believe me, check with M.

I wasn't aware that every decision needed to be run past other moderators. Some decisions need to be made on the spot.

Obviously you are right. You do what have you to do, otherwise you are not much of a moderator, if you can't act without running everything by a committee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand   Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand Empty

Back to top Go down

Section 6, Paragraph 5. No, I don't understand
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: