More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What album are you listening to?

Go down 
+37
Blunt Instrument
hegottheboot
Sarai
Largo's Shark
Vesper
boldfinger
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
The White Tuxedo
FG Wells
Fae
Seve
Ravenstone
FourDot
Hilly
Fort Knox
Harmsway
Santa
tiffanywint
saint mark
Gravity's Silhouette
Klown
Tubes
Loomis
Control
Louis Armstrong
Makeshift Python
Fairbairn-Sykes
Isis
Salomé
Lazenby.
lalala2004
HJackson
G section
bitchcraft
Jack Wade
Toppers
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Toppers
'R'
'R'
Toppers

What album are you listening to? Empty
PostSubject: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:13 pm

At the moment, I'm listening to Cream's Gold album. Brilliant stuff, especially the live recordings.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:10 am

Lasers - Lupe Fiasco
Tron: Legacy - Daft Punk
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:49 am

Smokey Robinson And The Miracles - The Ultimate Collection
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 4:08 pm

What album are you listening to? Megadeth%20Warchest%20Wallpaper__yvt2
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 am

Once Upon A Time In The West
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:27 am

Max Richter's score for Waltz With Bashir. Best tracks would have to be "The Hauted Ocean" and "What Had They Done?" Hauntingly beautiful.

What album are you listening to? Walts-with-bashir-sdtrk
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:58 pm

What album are you listening to? L_default
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:18 pm

What album are you listening to? Michael_Jackson_album_f041
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 4:57 pm

What album are you listening to? DepecheMode-Violator

Tried to rip New Order's Power, Corruption & Lies onto my iTunes and it came out really fuzzy, but the disc plays perfectly on my CD player. The exact same thing happened with every album by The Smiths except Strangeways, Here We Come. It's really pissing me off!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:02 pm

If they're old CDs they may have DRM encoding.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Looks like it's a combination of the drive on my laptop, Windows 7 and the way Warner authored the discs. They're all Warner discs and, after a quick Google search, I've discovered it's a pretty common problem. Looks like I'm either going to have to get a new drive (and risk having that one not work), rip them on another computer and transfer them over, or live without The Smiths. The last option is too drastic to linger on.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:20 am

What album are you listening to? DepecheMode

I just don't know why they left out Policy Of Truth...
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:02 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

I just don't know why they left out Policy Of Truth...

I never bothered with that compilation, as not only did I already own every track on it except for the fairly rubbish Martyr, but like you said stuff was inexplicably left off, which is of course unavoidable with just a one-disc best of, but what was all the more inexplicable was that stuff got left off the bonus DVD as well. Was this stuff being kept over for volume 2? Not a chance, as there likely won't be a volume 2, given that 99% of their biggest hits and most popular songs are all on vol 1. Pointless cash-in compilation, though incredibly worse was to come with their next release, the wretched Sounds Of The Universe. As a lifelong fan, I really hope the guys make some effort with their next album.
Back to top Go down
Ambler
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:27 am

'People are people, so why should it be, you and I should get along so awfully' is the worst rock lyric ever written.

('Don't know about your brain but you look all right to me' is the greatest.)
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:04 am

ambler wrote:
'People are people, so why should it be, you and I should get along so awfully' is the worst rock lyric ever written.

Worse than "your ass is a spaceship I want to ride"? 👅
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Salomé wrote:
ambler wrote:

Worse than "your ass is a spaceship I want to ride"? 👅

Yes, much worse. No one in their right mind uses 'awfully' in a rock lyric. :evil:

Depeche Mode were a load of happy clappy Basildon bank clerks who became S&M wannabees. I found the transformation unconvincing. Compare and contrast to fellow traveller, Andy Bell, who deliberately became HIV+. Now, that's commitment.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Never been a big fan of Depeche Mode, so no need to convince me.

Neither of Duran Duran for that matter though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Duran can be very silly, but I have a soft spot for them from their Rum Runner days.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:59 pm

I enjoy both, though I can't say I've listened to much Duran Duran post-Seven and the Ragged Tiger. Speaking of which, been listening to these today.

What album are you listening to? New-order-technique-album-art-596 What album are you listening to? Seven_&_the_ragged_tiger_b00009l1ob What album are you listening to? Psb_please_300
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:30 pm

Sharky tells me that Technique is criminally underrated. Personally, I think Dream Attack is Fleming-esque.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:31 pm

Every track on Technique is wonderful. Without a doubt my favourite New Order album.

Today:

Cocteau Twins - Blue Bell Knoll
Electronic - Electronic
John Foxx - Metamatic
Soft Cell - Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:40 pm

What album are you listening to? Stanleyroad

Long live Weller.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:33 am

ambler wrote:
Sharky tells me that Technique is criminally underrated.

I wouldn't really call it underrated, as it's always been very highly regarded. Either way, it contains some of my fave music ever from one of the best bands of all time IMO. I don't half f*cking miss them, and wish they'd stop p*ssing around with side projects, kiss and make up and put some f*cking great music back out there.

Anyone who's not a fan should be, and any random best of should be a very easy converter.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:52 am

Lazenby. wrote:
ambler wrote:

I wouldn't really call it underrated, as it's always been very highly regarded.

It's an in-joke Lazers. Criminally underrated, Fleming-esque, and even yes Mr. Khan's once entertaining neologisms - Haggfish, Miccoli et al.

The newspeak of the Bond fan community. Overused by you, myself and others while we were on mental autopilot.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:03 am

Sharky wrote:
Lazenby. wrote:
ambler wrote:

I wouldn't really call it underrated, as it's always been very highly regarded.

It's an in-joke Lazers. Criminally underrated, Fleming-esque, and even yes Mr. Khan's once entertaining neologisms - Haggfish, Miccoli et al.

Forgive me, it's been a long day.... :oops:

Sharky wrote:
The newspeak of the Bond fan community. Overused by you, myself and others while we were on mental autopilot.

I call it Octopussy-speak. It was valid until he started using it in every post. laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What album are you listening to?   What album are you listening to? Empty

Back to top Go down

What album are you listening to?
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next