More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars

Go down 
+2
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars Empty
PostSubject: Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars   Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Quote :
BREAKING: The Oscars have perenially ignored James Bond, but this year – despite a snub for Skyfall in the Best Picture category – they’re upping the 007 quotient. Along with a tribute to the franchise’s 50th anniversary during the Oscar telecast, producers announced today that they’ve lined up Adele’s first live performance anywhere of the Oscar-nominated original theme song, “Skyfall.” A likely ratings draw, this will also be the British superstar singer’s first TV appearance since the Grammys last year. She’s nominated for writing the Skyfall tune along with Paul Epworth. Here’s the Academy’s release:

BEVERLY HILLS, CA – Multi-platinum selling singer-songwriter Adele will perform the Oscar®-nominated theme song from the latest James Bond movie at the 85th Academy Awards®, the show’s producers announced today. “Skyfall,” from the film of the same name, was announced as a nominee for Original Song at the Academy’s Nominations Announcement on January 10. The song, written by Adele and Paul Epworth, is the first Bond theme ever to debut in Billboard’s Top 10 and the first to be nominated for an Oscar since “For Your Eyes Only” in 1981.

Adele’s exclusive Oscar show performance will be the first time she will have performed “Skyfall” anywhere live and will also mark her first U.S. television performance since the Grammys® last year.

“It’s an honour to be nominated and terrifyingly wonderful to be singing in front of people who have captured my imagination over and over again,” said Adele. “It’s something I’ve never experienced and probably only ever will once!”

“We have enormous respect for Adele’s unique artistry as a songwriter and a singer,” said Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the producers of this year’s Academy Awards show. “She is currently one of the most successful recording artists in the world, and we believe that her performance of ‘Skyfall’ will be an exciting Oscar moment for audiences watching at the Dolby Theatre™ and on television screens around the world.”

Oscar.com celebrates Adele’s performance with a special gallery of some of the most memorable James Bond theme songs through the years:

http://oscar.go.com/photos/themed-galleries/movies/bond-theme-songs

Oscars for outstanding film achievements of 2012 will be presented on Oscar Sunday, February 24, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center®, and will be hosted by Seth MacFarlane live on the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries worldwide.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/oscars-adele-to-perform-nominated-skyfall-theme-song-on-telecast/
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars   Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Not a big fan of the song, but it'd be interesting to hear it live.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars   Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:40 pm

I like the song...it's in my Top 3 Bond songs of the moment. It would really suck balls if she doesn't win the Oscar after.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars   Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:54 pm

I like the song, too. Looking forward to seeing her perform it live.

Plus, it'll probably be better than some pointless Cirque du Soleil act.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars   Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:14 am

I like it as well, but it's probably toward the bottom of the list in terms of Bond songs... It's a bit hard to compete with Diamonds Are Forever, Surrender, Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill.

Still, I want it to win the Oscar!
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars   Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:15 am

It doesn't have much competition. The art of writing songs for motion pictures has gone down the pan.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars   Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:01 am

I wonder if Adele's performance will be tied into the Bond anniversary celebration the Oscars have planned or will be separate...
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars   Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
It doesn't have much competition. The art of writing songs for motion pictures has gone down the pan.

The 'big hit song from the soundtrack' thing has really faded away this past while, it's really only the Bonds that do it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars   Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars Empty

Back to top Go down

Adele to perform Skyfall at the Oscars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Skyfall (2012) :: The Music of Skyfall-
Jump to: