More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Your recurring phrases.

Go down 
+20
Chief of SIS
Dr No
bitchcraft
General Yuskovich
Santa
danslittlefinger
Louis Armstrong
Lobelia Overhill
trevanian
Ravenstone
Largo's Shark
Satorious
retrokitty
lalala2004
Hilly
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Perilagu Khan
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Makeshift Python
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Your recurring phrases. Empty
PostSubject: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:38 am

Some have one. Just comes from the gut. When I was a kid I would often have the world "actually" beginning the sentence that at times it would piss off a lot of people believing that I was trying to be a smartass.

These days I've uttering one word more often than not. "Darn". I have no idea how or when it started, it's just something I would throw out whenever I get frustrated and such. When I got really pissed off I would say "Darner darn DARN!". I'd throw so much passion and anger in them they might as well become obscenities. Until recently though. Now when I do get pissed off/frustrated over something I'll now utter "GOSH DARN MOTHERFUCKER!"

I would have thought this was because of watching too many Jimmy Stewart flicks but I have yet to utter "golly!"
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:50 am

"Cool beans." I say it about once a minute. I used to work with this guy and we'd basically communicate in our respective catchphrases. "Cool beans." "Party."
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:00 am

Huh, a friend of mine at work has been uttering "cool beans" lately.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:02 am

"No worries"
"Cheers"
"Fuck"
"C-nt"
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Your recurring phrases. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:21 am

CJB wrote:
"No worries"
"Cheers"
"Fuck"
"C-nt"

Einstein could have easily communicated his Special Theory of Relativity with those five words. Nothing else really need be said.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:53 am

I say cool bananas, and it's usually said in a sarcastic tone. Oh and I say "no worries" every so often.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:40 pm

"Lumme" and "I don't wish to know that" -trying, it seems, to bring back Navy Lark/Goon Show phrases back

"Mother of Christ", best used when seeing how crowded the Central Line is

and a host of others/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 2:40 pm

I go through phases with different various phrases, but I feel like right now, my most common phrase is "Four legs for a reason!" whenever one of my students decides to lean their chair back. I should just let them fall over one day.....
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:31 pm

After recapping an event or story for someone, I always end with, "So... that's the scooperooni." Or just, "And that's the scoop." I was an old newspaper editor in a past life it would seem. Your recurring phrases. Smiley_newspaper

I'm also in a new habit of saying, "Honeeeeeeey!" in a really whinging way when my hubby winds me up and I think he's not paying attention.Your recurring phrases. Thewife

I can also be heard saying, "Nononoonononononononononnooooo," to the cat.Your recurring phrases. Nono

Back to top Go down
Satorious
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Satorious

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Mine change over time too. This weeks seems to be "thrash around". It has multiple meanings naturally...
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:02 pm

Satorious wrote:
Mine change over time too. This weeks seems to be "thrash around". It has multiple meanings naturally...

You're offending my brethren. We'll sue you for infringing our intellectual property rights.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:41 pm

lalala2004 wrote:
I go through phases with different various phrases, but I feel like right now, my most common phrase is "Four legs for a reason!" whenever one of my students decides to lean their chair back. I should just let them fall over one day.....

Combine sarcasm with education, and tell them "Four legs good - two legs bad" :D

I tend to say "I don't give a flying monkey's toss" quite often. I have no idea where I got it from, and little idea what it means, but it serves some purpose.

Otherwise, most of today has been spent muttering "Fucking lying gobshite bastard....."
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:28 am

Ravenstone wrote:
lalala2004 wrote:

Combine sarcasm with education, and tell them "Four legs good - two legs bad" :D

OMG! One of my worst offenders has read Animal Farm, as he's in my literature class. I'm totally using that next time. I can't believe I haven't thought of it.... 🐷 <---loving that emoticon at this moment.

Apparently I also say "I reckon" a lot. I get made fun of, but it's fun to say. And I reckon I'm Texan, ya'll.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:02 am

Ravenstone wrote:
lalala2004 wrote:

Combine sarcasm with education, and tell them "Four legs good - two legs bad" :

I think everyone else should know that this is Ravenstone and myself's approach to the art of sex. I'll be sure to have it engraved on your tomb.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Sharky wrote:

I think everyone else should know that this is Ravenstone and myself's approach to the art of sex. I'll be sure to have it engraved on your tomb.

Only because you have no sense of balance. Ambler's fine either way.

lalala2004 wrote:

OMG! One of my worst offenders has read Animal Farm, as he's in my literature class. I'm totally using that next time. I can't believe I haven't thought of it.... 🐷 <---loving that emoticon at this moment.

Ravenstone - for all your sarcasm requirements ;)

Glad to be of service :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:19 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
Sharky wrote:

Only because you have no sense of balance. Ambler's fine either way.
I was screwing Sting's wife the other day and had all limbs off the ground. This tantric sex thing has really got me flying.

What was this thread about again? Ah. Recurring phrases. I tend to overuse 'terminate with extreme prejudice' when I'm watching anything involving Jamie Oliver.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:36 pm

I get quite a few 'phone calls where people say either 'basically' or 'obviously' every other word. "Basically, my partner moved in and basically I told you about this and basically I need to know - basically - what I need to do - basically - basically, to get my benefts back in payment. Basically."

I do it back to them. "Well, basically the first thing you need to do - basically - is fill in a new claim form,basically, and basically provide all the evidence and information requested, basically, and basically, we'll reassess your entitlement, basically, and reinstate your benefit. Basically."

You can hear them thinking - "Is she taking the piss????"

And of course - basically - I am.

I tend to say 'frankly' a lot though. To be frank.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Eugenics. You know it makes sense.

Quote :
You know it makes sense.

There goes another recurring phrase...
Back to top Go down
Satorious
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Satorious

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:50 pm

My pet irk is people who like, drop the word "like" in every other word, like.

Just because you say "like" so often doesn't mean people will "like" you any more...
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Satorious, it's at least good to know that Vancouver is not the only city with that illness. Combining "like" with the "I don't know" and the "ya know" makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

Heard on the skytrain the other day (and on every bit of transit on every other day too):

So, like ya know I was down at like the mall and like I don't know like Kent was gonna like meet me cuz like I don't know he needs like new boots ya know. So like he gets there and he's like wanna eat something? and I'm like don't you like need boots? and he's I don't know like ya but I'm like hungry or something ya know. So I'm like well I don't know ya know like I just sort of like ate.

Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 7:20 pm

I listened in fascinated horror to an entire telephone conversation in Smiths once, where every other word seemed to be 'like'. Honestly. It was as though she were channeling Vicky Pollard "And I was like - uh - and she was like yeah well whatever and he was like wah? and I was like well yeah like and he was like - kuh...." :shock:

I feel old.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:40 pm

v

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:49 pm

How many times do I have to tell you, Ambler - I do not accept luncheon vouchers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:52 pm

v

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:53 pm

I'll take the luncheon vouchers....

A girl's gotta eat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your recurring phrases.   Your recurring phrases. Empty

Back to top Go down

Your recurring phrases.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: