More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create?

Go down 
+2
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Control
6 posters

What type of films do you create or want to create?
Documentary
B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? Vote_lcap0%B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Experimental
B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? Vote_lcap17%B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Narrative
B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? Vote_lcap67%B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Other
B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? Vote_lcap16%B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? Empty
PostSubject: B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create?   B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 3:23 am

Just curious.

In my quest to become some kind of filmmaker, I've experimented with different types of films over the last 5 or 6 years. I like writing narrative films, but I'm not sure if I'm any good at crafting them. I'm working on a documentary short right now, and enjoy how the theme of a documentary can transform or evolve during the editing process. This summer, I'd like to do a short documentary on a gentleman who worked as a camera man at CBS during its heyday. He knew Murrow, Cronkite, and had filmed interviews with JFK numerous times. Plus, I think his story should be documented, as not too many men like that are around anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create?   B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:12 am

Narrative films for me. I find a lot of film school students tend to create experimental shorts, but they haven't grasped the concept of narrative, so they come off as clunky and pretentious - and a waste of time for the actors who have given up time to be there for them.

The feature scripts that I've written have both been narrative - straight, linear dramas.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create?   B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:49 pm

I wanted to do documentaries, show sides of London and history. Or old wartime drama/action stuff...I know, I'm not a film-maker aspirant like the rest but growing up I've wanted to do things like this and some folk say I'm better suited for film-scripts. Anyway, documentaries and if I could, get Brian Blessed in them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
BamesJond

BamesJond

PostSubject: Re: B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create?   B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:40 pm

I actually do normal films (i guess that they are narrative then), it fits me the most. I also like certain types of documentaries, such as some films from World War II showing up its history. I saw a documentary of it 5, 6 years ago, and i've liked to watch how everything had happened, a bit deeper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/X3MSonicXP
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create?   B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:48 am

I can't do docs at all. I've tried. I have background in television journalism and print journalism, but other than opinion-based pieces I hated doing that too. I have a really unique way of looking at the world and I have a very hard time delivering pieces that are objective or aren't making some kind of point. If I made a doc it'd be a very self-fullfilling-purpose/self-gratifying doc like a Michael Moore movie and I really hate those kinds of documentaries. I don't have the patience for it, I'm too aggressive and passionate.

I'm a storyteller first, filmmaker second, so it's narrative all the way for me.

And if it's longer than five minutes I usually can't stand experimental films. I have a rival in town who's really good at them and I just can't stand talking to him -- but he's got a mutant publicist gene somewhere in his artist's blood so he's very good at self-promotion in a way that I'm not, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Murdock

Murdock

PostSubject: Re: B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create?   B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Narrative. Something that tells a story without relying on Action and Sex appeal. Movies today (Outside of Bond) Have lost there charm. There all safe, by the numbers, Kid friendly films. While there is the occasional Gem in the Rough 80% of movies today suck. I want to make a film that breaks the cycle and rejuvenates the entire Motion Picture Industry.

I want to tell a story about with characters and dialogue with minimal action. I want to entertain a niche audience, not everyone in the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create?   B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create? Empty

Back to top Go down

B&B Filmmakers: What types of films do you create or want to create?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Other Arts, Hobbies, Work & Interests-
Jump to: