More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Problem Members

Go down 
+28
saint mark
British Vulture
tiffanywint
HJackson
Vesper
Louis Armstrong
Lazenby.
Ravenstone
Makeshift Python
G section
Moore
The White Tuxedo
Prisoner Monkeys
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
right idea, wrong pussy
Tubes
Hilly
Perilagu Khan
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Fort Knox
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
CJB
Salomé
Chief of SIS
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Problem Members - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Your departure isn't too permanent, I trust, M.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:47 pm

I don't think it's just for the weekend, hilly.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:49 pm

I suspected as much. Just wondering.

Anyway gang, to YY.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Can someone tell me a bit about General YY?  

He seems to be rather unstable. Not just here but I've read his blogs. I'm not suggesting that he be banned because he's unstable of course. But he just posted yesterday at MI6 that he'd never be playing away again and now he's back here starting a new thread on his obsession.  

My worry is that he will cause more tension on and off this forum.  

Letting him play here is fine so long as he's on a short leash and the whinging ceases.  Seems to me that he's not here because he likes this forum but because he spews his Dragonpol theories everywhere on the net.

Feel free to correct me.  But once burned, twice shy and all that.

I will add that posting a screencap of his MI6 post and calling him out on his hypocrisy doesn't interest me at this point. But maybe someone who knows him can talk to him privately with the understanding that anything we say to him here - public or private - will likely be shared elsewhere. Keep it classy, mates.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:57 pm

I saw he was all over MI6 like a rash. In his original incarnation of Dragonpol he was on every thread creating multitudes. There was this tussle with Ambler which led to him (the former) being banned despite him saying he would stop he kept on. Then he came back in a few incarnations and then he's over there, over here.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:59 pm

retrokitty wrote:
Can someone tell me a bit about General YY?  
He's been banned at B&B twice before. First time for lashing out at Ambler after he called him out for using B&B to promote his blog. Second time for spamming the hell out this place (there was a time when you'd go to the index and see 'Last Post by Dragonpol' on almost every single subforum). Between these appearances and returning as General Y Y, he created dozens (and I mean dozens) of puppet accounts - which I gather uses to gauge our opinions before writing his blog essays. It turned into a game of Whac-A-Mole for the mods.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:08 pm

To me he's no different than j7wild in the sense that he doesn't really care about a particular forum, but only sees them as a means of posting in the same manner as a blog. j7 similarly posted on other forums with the same cut-and-paste posts, showing he wasn't interested in interacting with unique members. Dragonpol however got too involved with trying to interact, and it always comes off as insincere. Ambler's the only one he ever truly interacted with, because he knew how to get under his skin and Dragonpol would never resist the urge to respond.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 3:10 am

Great! Ugh. Ok... Well, I'll leave him to you guys. Figure if no one interacts with him, he'll tire of posting.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 5:59 pm

x

Last edited by Classified Nut on Wed May 22, 2019 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 6:29 pm

What a fool tis man is. I'm sure soon he'll give up one way or the other by his own action or ours.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 6:34 pm

He got the message.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:26 am

Funny thing, since it's him that has been taking all of this so personally.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:52 pm

BARMASBOOKS - is this a spam account or what? Hard to tell at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:56 pm

It looks more the former at the moment. Might be an one hit wonder. Post and vanish into the ether.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:26 pm

I'm sick of General YY and his alteregos - that is, his two-faced egos.  He's posted this in a thread on MI6...

Dragonpol 8:03AM QuoteFlag
Erica Ambler?! Infamous, certainly. I advise a ban if this is the case. He's from the Bond and Beyond forum.

http://mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8008/male-privilege-in-the-bond-era

It's nothing serious on its own but to be able to post here and slam us there is unreasonable. He's annoying and I feel as if we are held hostage by him at times. For the life of me, I can't figure out why he's been let back here over and over again.  Why should someone be banned for being from this forum? Ridiculous.

And even though I'm trying hard to make our image something more than "the rebels from the old KTBEU who rant about MI6", and banning General YY might start a bit of a whisper game again, it's my opinion that on his next infraction he be banned for good.

Edit: Seeing how he considers himself a past member, I see no reason to keep his General YY account open here. That said, I don't think nastiness is in order.... but I hope he is considered on his last legs here this time.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Classic Brian, he loves to bitch about Ambler any chance he gets just because that's the only person that really showed him for what he is. I think he should have remained banned long ago, just for the duplicate usernames alone. Sadly, he seems to be like a cockroach, always popping out just when you think you're done squashing him. He has no life.

That said, I miss having Perilagu Khan around.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:41 pm

He hasn't messaged me since I defended Ambler, Santa and Sykes after he sent me this shit.

General Yuskovich wrote:
Well, what do you think I have achieved? I've yet to hear from you about that, though I gather M was pleased to see new blood on the forums. It was better than nothing and I hope it was appreciated as my head was on the block over there for a while and I've probably ruined my chances of getting an article or two uploaded on their Main Page as I was asked before that. I have certainly not brought an 'army of Brians' here at all; everyone is an individual, surely?

I strongly get the feeling (as do some folks over on MI6 Community) that my recruitment drive, initiated by yourself as the new admin, was not much appreciated over here, especially by Ambler and his ilk. I know he is your friend but I think you should seriously think about cutting him loose. He's incompatible with almost everybody here, as is Santa. Ambler is just plain nasty - he called me a virgin right-winger 29 year old Mussolini and Enoch Powell lover amongst other delightful things. He orchestrated my first ban by Hilly back in March after he posted some shit from previous posts of mine to suggest that was the nature of my contribution here as a whole when he can write all the shit he wants about Santa and it's all fair game. He comes across as rude, obnoxious, twisted, an egotist, a chauvinist with sex on the brain. When he can't get his own way he resorts to personal attacks, as does the equally odious Santa who really comes across as very bitchy.

On top of this I have had to put up with smart-arse comments from Fairnbairn-Sykes who compares my blog to really out-there things like 1870s Belgian economics and the novels of Jacqueline Susan. I have had to bite my tongue on a few occasions with him, though he is one of the more interesting members here. My blog is a bit different, but that's the point of it - to be arcane is the point of being a Bondologist.

So, there you have it. Let Ambler fly free to set up his new Bond forum or be a constant whiner here who moans about the direction of the forum but does nothing himself to put the forum right apart from scratching his arse. You either have a forum with new members wanting to come here as I proposed or have a forum where you and a few other stalwarts are left with Ambler in constant division with all that goes on.

This might seem a bit much, but it's how I feel and I don't suffer Amblers gladly. You must see something in him I have missed, but I have given up thinking that he will ever change his nature.

This is how I would see an Ambler-run Bond forum (I believe that he has one of his own?sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlTQ5mbZG3U

I'd be the guy vat the end with the cricket bat, I'm afraid.

This PM is all in the best possible taste!

Sincerely,

Brian.
Makeshift Python wrote:
That said, I miss having Perilagu Khan around.
Same here, warts and all. I miss his enthusiasm for Bond.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:05 pm

I miss Khan too. I haven't had a chance to investigate the past posts to see why he left here for MI6 instead of just using both.

So, as long as we're on the same page with General YY, it's all good. You know, we'd not likely have to ban him if we just banned any talk of the Dragonpol matters. tongue
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
He hasn't messaged me since I defended Ambler, Santa and Sykes after he sent me this shit.

General Yuskovich wrote:
Well, what do you think I have achieved? I've yet to hear from you about that, though I gather M was pleased to see new blood on the forums. It was better than nothing and I hope it was appreciated as my head was on the block over there for a while and I've probably ruined my chances of getting an article or two uploaded on their Main Page as I was asked before that. I have certainly not brought an 'army of Brians' here at all; everyone is an individual, surely?

I strongly get the feeling (as do some folks over on MI6 Community) that my recruitment drive, initiated by yourself as the new admin, was not much appreciated over here, especially by Ambler and his ilk. I know he is your friend but I think you should seriously think about cutting him loose. He's incompatible with almost everybody here, as is Santa. Ambler is just plain nasty - he called me a virgin right-winger 29 year old Mussolini and Enoch Powell lover amongst other delightful things. He orchestrated my first ban by Hilly back in March after he posted some shit from previous posts of mine to suggest that was the nature of my contribution here as a whole when he can write all the shit he wants about Santa and it's all fair game. He comes across as rude, obnoxious, twisted, an egotist, a chauvinist with sex on the brain. When he can't get his own way he resorts to personal attacks, as does the equally odious Santa who really comes across as very bitchy.

On top of this I have had to put up with smart-arse comments from Fairnbairn-Sykes who compares my blog to really out-there things like 1870s Belgian economics and the novels of Jacqueline Susan. I have had to bite my tongue on a few occasions with him, though he is one of the more interesting members here. My blog is a bit different, but that's the point of it - to be arcane is the point of being a Bondologist.

So, there you have it. Let Ambler fly free to set up his new Bond forum or be a constant whiner here who moans about the direction of the forum but does nothing himself to put the forum right apart from scratching his arse. You either have a forum with new members wanting to come here as I proposed or have a forum where you and a few other stalwarts are left with Ambler in constant division with all that goes on.

This might seem a bit much, but it's how I feel and I don't suffer Amblers gladly. You must see something in him I have missed, but I have given up thinking that he will ever change his nature.

This is how I would see an Ambler-run Bond forum (I believe that he has one of his own?sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlTQ5mbZG3U

I'd be the guy vat the end with the cricket bat, I'm afraid.

This PM is all in the best possible taste!

Sincerely,

Brian.
And on MI6 he claims to have "rhino skin". I love how he lumps in MI6 community members with how he feels about B&B, as if that validates anything. MI6 should have just kept him banned.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:12 pm

I don't he's been banned, but he's on his first warning for the PM spamming.

I'm permabanned there, FWIW.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:14 pm

retrokitty wrote:
I miss Khan too. I haven't had a chance to investigate the past posts to see why he left here for MI6 instead of just using both.
He said he left because he thought this place ran dry, but I also suspect that Gravity and Timmers leaving sort of dented his enthusiasm about this place.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
I don't he's been banned, but he's on his first warning for the PM spamming.

I'm permabanned there, FWIW.
Sounds like the old MI6 on its latter days, banning the more interesting folks while putting up with nonentities.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Also:

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Just a quick couple of comments for whatever they are worth (may not be worth anything; I'll let you decide). I don't intend to be back long, nor will I be participating in other threads. Only this one.

I thought the comments of someone who used to be a regular poster, then went away for 6 weeks, then came back, only to leave again, may be of some value when they try and decide what the tone/theme/tenor/personality of BOND AND BEYOND should be. Frankly, I don't even recognize this place anymore. It looks, and feels, as if it has totally changed since 2011, and not for the better.

I was asked by a few people to consider coming back and posting again. I was all up for it until I actually came back and saw some of the changes. Maybe you have to have been away for 6 weeks (granted, not a very long time) and then come back to have noticed the changes, but they're there. I guess it's like the "boiling frog" theory.

But all this talk about subscriptions and hiding threads and shutting down potentially offensive or contentious threads and protecting people from themselves......I mean, WTF happened here? When I started coming here two years ago you could get a thread shut down if it wasn't offensive enough and was found to be boring, and now we're shutting them down for being too provocative?

So, anyway, I come back and see I'm no longer a moderator. Ummm, okay. Fair enough. I did leave. But then that means I don't have access to the "protected threads", and I'm not really cool with being in a forum where I'm an adult, but I'm treated like a child; where I've got threads that are being blocked from me like porno magazines wrapped in brown paper or hidden behind the counter at the gas station.

If that weren't bad enough, I then look into one of the threads and see that "American Politics and News 3.0" is locked. ***LOCKED***? Dios Mio! Has anyone taken a step back and seen...fully seen what this place has become?

And lets just call "balls and strikes" here and put it all out on the table. I find it embarrassing, really, that Largo's Shark is a moderator again. I won't dredge up the past and go through a litany of past grievances...but if I had been a moderator, then been removed and/or stepped down, then came back as a moderator the very last thing I would ever think of doing is locking down an entire thread (American Politics and News) that has proven to be one of the most popular threads in the history of the site simply because I didn't agree with the sentiments being expressed in it or because I felt people seemed affected negatively by it for having just read it (isn't that an individuals choice?). It doesn't get any more heavy-handed than having a moderator shut down a thread where the free-flow and exchanges of ideas is being conducted, but threads about pubic shaving, titties, cocks, pussies, and one-night stands are deemed somehow....less divisive.

At this point, I'm basically the Chinese businessman in AVTAK who says: "No thank you. I want no part of it." And just like him, I expect to "drop out".

I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. I fully believe in, and support, M's right to run his site the way he feels it should be run. I am not entitled to post here. I post here only at the permission of M, and that permission can be revoked at any time. I'm cool with that.

But I just don't see any place for myself here. I'm a little sad in having to say that. I thank those that emailed me asking about returning, but after having returned briefly, I've already had second and third thoughts and must say it's unlikely I will be posting anything else beyond this thread, and beyond the next day or two. I'm interested to see how this discussion plays itself out.

I also found, after a day or two, that I *CAN* live without posting at BOND AND BEYOND, and the longer you go without doing it, the easier it is to get used to it. I'd encourage others around here to take the long-view approach to this site...step back and look and see if this site really resembles what it used to when it really started rocking and rolling back in March/April of 2011. It doesn't feel the same to me. But that's me.

Regards.
GS
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Ravenstone wrote:

So as long as we're all adults, and we're not being insulting, or rude, or racist, or obviously offensive - then let's go for it.  We're all adults, aren't we?   We were brought up with at least a rudimentary understanding of how to interact with other people.  As long as we remember that, we should be fine
But what about if you think you're not being rude? What about if you think you aren't being "racist"? What about if you're doing all you can to avoid those cliches, yet some people insist on saying that you are? If good people can't agree on what is rude, racist, or offensive, then someone has to step aside. Someone has to go. There is no middle ground here.

And I don't have the right to exist in a world, or a forum, where I am free from being offended by someone else. There are a lot of things in life that offend me, but I accept it as part of an unspoken agreement with other members of society that acceptance is necessary in order to function...to get along..and to move forward.

What I think we have here are a few members who believe they deserve to post, live, breathe, and exist in an offense-free forum, devoid of any controversy or debate whatsoever. What's the point of having an OFF-TOPIC section if certain off-topic topics are....off-limits?

As long as people are free to brandish the label of "racist" at whomever they don't agree with in order to shut down threads and conversation, then this place is ironically no better than the forums many of us left to come here.

And, strangely enough, I think B&B had found its own identity 2 years ago. I'm not sure why there seems to be this need for self-analyzing and hand-wringing about what B&B should be. It already was something. It WAS great.

But I think it's also been heavily influenced with people who aren't comfortable with freedom of expression...and have begun patronizing the board and treating people like children. I can't be part of that. I just can't. And I wouldn't expect anyone else to accept it either if they felt like they were being talked down to or minimized.

But probably above all else, the reason why I won't be back is because I don't think the underlying issues have truly been dealt with. All it will take is one "insensitive" post from me and M will be getting the whinging emails all over again, and then he'll issue a blanket statement urging people to get along and avoid controversy if at all possible, and we'll all be back where started: something of a Mexican screw-off (so to speak). So, like I said 6 weeks ago, I'm bowing out. I'm taking myself out so that the rest of the board can move on as one.

And, lastly, I'm nothing great. I'm nothing special. I'm expendable. I appreciate that a few people tried to bring me back, but I don't see any possible way of sticking around. So, this is truly the end. If anyone wants to keep in touch, please contact me at gravitys_Silhouette@yahoo.com (so I don't have to log into B&B anymore)

Okay, I'm really going now. This isn't one of those Barbara Streisand farewell/goodbye tours. This is for reals, y'all.

My time has come. You must continue your journey without me.    :tongue:

Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Jebus... wow. Did I miss a lot. Shame to have lost those members though. I do think that debate is part of the fun on forums.

And I do think this forum will recover. Hopefully some who have left will come back too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem Members   Problem Members - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem Members
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next