More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?

Go down 
+6
retrokitty
Largo's Shark
Makeshift Python
CJB
Tubes
bitchcraft
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? Empty
PostSubject: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySat May 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Mr.Dog checked out an auction and picked up a mint condition never opened, never used, SHARP 5CD player w/detachable speakers that's about 9 years old. He got it for pennies on the dollar and it plays great...might use it exclusively for 80s music (meaning I have purloined it from him) :face:
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySat May 25, 2013 11:23 pm

I have a late 90's era Sony boombox that still works even after being left in the rain. Can't be any younger than 12 years,
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:57 am

Got a Panasonic stereo from around '97. Recall playing a Backstreet Boys CD on it. Who'd have thought I'd turn out straight...
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:31 am

I got this Panasonic stereo set for Christmas back in 2002. During high school I used it a lot to listen to music and at the same time use it as a stereo set for watching movies, but I haven't listened to music out of it since high school. 90% of the time though I'm using headphones while watching movies, but on occasion I'll use the speakers, which are detachable. For what it is, it's a really good sound system to my ears so I've never been compelled to purchase a real audio receiver set for movie watching. Maybe one day when I get a bigger TV set and I want surround sound, but for now I'm content with this.

How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? 115085_full_2x
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySun May 26, 2013 4:50 pm

Panasonic and Sharp are my two favourite brands...although Samsung is getting up there too (love the Smart TV).
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySun May 26, 2013 4:58 pm

I have too large Wharfdale speakers from the late 70s. No digital input/output. You have to fiddle with copper wires to connect them to anything.

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Sun May 26, 2013 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySun May 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
I have too large Wharfdale speakers from the late 70s. No digital input/output. You have to fiddle with coppers wires to connect them to anything.

I actually had those as my first stereo set, got them from my dad. Eventually I gave them away because one of the speakers started wearing out and they took too much space.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:37 pm

Python wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
I have too large Wharfdale speakers from the late 70s. No digital input/output. You have to fiddle with coppers wires to connect them to anything.

I actually had those as my first stereo set, got them from my dad.

Same here. Though I'm thinking about getting digital connections installed. Not sure how much that would cost.

For their age, they're still in good nick.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:12 pm

For the moment, I use a turntable like this:

How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? Fdd65dd24a2096610ac2d685dc41ea59_img-0496

Mine is called Musicette. :PThough it may not qualify in this thread as it's mono not stereo. But I've had it since I was a kid... It was my mom's before that. Soooo....

But a friend is giving me an Apollo dome turntable this month so that should be it for me.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:42 am

Samsung Max 932 Dolby Prologic set from 1997 and that thing already survived 2 tv's. In same year 1997 i bought my first own tv from my first money of paper/scoolwork that work til 2010 and whas from a sub company of Philips named Jubilee. But in between in 2001 i bought a new Philips PT2665 tv, because i whant a bigger tv, also because of my Philips 755 dvdplayer (Who i replaced later by dvd recorder) who i bought 4 months earlier. Connect the 2 audio (For the 1997 straight to tv wit those red/white cables and for 2001 tv i used Scart/red/white cable.) to the Aux for extra audio who i specialy use for wachting movies on my player, when 24 started in 2002 or some movies on tv.

In 2010 i take over HD-ready (Philips again) and give that older tv to my mother. 2 years before that first tv from 1997, that 2001 tv in 2008 not work any more. Lucky i don't trow a way that 1997 yet and she use til it don't work any more (as said 2010). In 2012 i connect my Blurayer player to that Sam Sung set after the unexpted suprise that player blocked the audio on my HD-Ready tv. Something that i think possible not have happend on old 4:3 model like my 2001 tv, strange enough the Hd-Ready not be so HD-Ready with missing thoser red/white connection.  This year i bought new tv with HDMI to fix that problem and give that other one to my mother.

After a couple of years i go back to the store to let fix the cassette holders thing, but whyle there store claimd there not fix it it works again. Those days the thing have mabey some problems with volume (higher volume needed) and 1 or 2 of the 3 cd rooms. But i stil use the radio, also to weak up and sometimes play cd in it.

On 14 August this year the dog who get in family in March 1997 past a way and of course you must think about things what happend between 1997 and her death in 2013. She and that Sam Sung set both be part of my life with generation of 3 houses and my top of  James Bond be in 1996/1997. I whas 16-17 years old 1997 and now iam 33 years old.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:06 am

Hi, MBalje. I'm sorry to read about your dog.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:04 am

Well, I've upgraded a bit with the turntable. Still vintage though.  I'm now playing my vinyl with one of these babies.  Not the matching speakers though. Waiting to find them on their own. I was gifted the turntable and it works well with the old speakers we are using for the computers.

How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? 34643228_614
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySat May 20, 2023 7:38 pm

I just buried my cassette player as it suddenly died. Bought it used so no idea how old it was. I am guessing 30-40 years.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySat May 20, 2023 8:53 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
I just buried my cassette player as it suddenly died. Bought it used so no idea how old it was. I am guessing 30-40 years.

You mean a portable cassette player or an actual tape deck that integrates into a general sound system?

My oldest stereo equipment is a set of Polk Audio RT12 speakers I bought in 1995. They show no signs of deteriorating, and I wouldn't be surprised if they outlasted their owner.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptySun May 21, 2023 11:07 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:

You mean a portable cassette player or an actual tape deck that integrates into a general sound system?

A primitive, portable one. My last "complete" stereo equipment got ruined about 15 years ago. I have meant to get a new one, but have never gotten around to it.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 8:00 pm

I put together a record player setup within the last five years. Everything bought new.

Found my portable CD player more recently, too. Batteries were corroded but threw in a new set and it works great. Well, for a portable CD player. (I had forgotten how restrictive it was moving around without skipping the disc.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?   How old is your oldest working stereo equipment? Empty

Back to top Go down

How old is your oldest working stereo equipment?
Page 1 of 1