More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Value for Money Home Cinema systems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Value for Money Home Cinema systems  Empty
PostSubject: Value for Money Home Cinema systems    Value for Money Home Cinema systems  EmptySun May 26, 2013 5:01 pm

Don't want to spent too much dosh, but I want a good quality audio receiver and surround speakers. I have an 1080hp 32 inch Samsung television.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Value for Money Home Cinema systems    Value for Money Home Cinema systems  EmptySun May 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Don't want to spent too much dosh, but I want a good quality audio receiver and surround speakers. I have an 1080hp 32 inch Samsung television.

We use this at home and in the bar.

http://shopper.cnet.com/surround-speaker-systems/sony-ht-ct260/4014-7868_9-35490761.html?tag=mncol;lst
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Value for Money Home Cinema systems    Value for Money Home Cinema systems  EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:37 am

Any more suggestions? I hate listening through my tinny TV speakers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Value for Money Home Cinema systems    Value for Money Home Cinema systems  EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:52 am

Depends on your budget and venue. 

Take a look at http://www.richersounds.com/
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Value for Money Home Cinema systems    Value for Money Home Cinema systems  EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:00 am

I'd try and get an old pro-logic receiver secondhand for next to nothing, especially if any of your other kit has surround/3d sound settings. My old Sherwood pro-logic amp coupled with the sound spatialiser on my toshiba dvd player still results in the best room-filling and natural surround sound experience I've ever created, a sound I even ditched Dolby Digital to go back to.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Value for Money Home Cinema systems    Value for Money Home Cinema systems  EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:20 am

Lazenby. wrote:
I'd try and get an old pro-logic receiver secondhand for next to nothing

Does next to nothing mean 150 quid, 'cos that's the kind of price I'm seeing on eBay and alike.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Value for Money Home Cinema systems    Value for Money Home Cinema systems  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Did you take the plunge already? I think given your screen size a sound-bar like Aural suggested or even a pc 2.1 speaker system might be enough to make a noticeble difference in quality....do you need a dolby decoder or are you feeding it separate channels?.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Value for Money Home Cinema systems    Value for Money Home Cinema systems  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:30 pm

lachesis wrote:
Did you take the plunge already?
Not yet. I'm currently saving up for a new phone and a motorbike CBT course, so this is all on hold. That said, the Sony HT-CT260 looks like a solid bet. I've earmarked it for later.

lachesis wrote:
do you need a dolby decoder or are you feeding it separate channels?.
Que?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Value for Money Home Cinema systems    Value for Money Home Cinema systems  EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 7:54 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
We use this at home and in the bar.

http://shopper.cnet.com/surround-speaker-systems/sony-ht-ct260/4014-7868_9-35490761.html?tag=mncol;lst
Does this need an audio receiver?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Value for Money Home Cinema systems    Value for Money Home Cinema systems  Empty

Back to top Go down

Value for Money Home Cinema systems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Other Arts, Hobbies, Work & Interests-
Jump to: