More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Graphically Violent Scenes in the John Gardner Bond Continuation Novels?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Graphically Violent Scenes in the John Gardner Bond Continuation Novels? Empty
PostSubject: Graphically Violent Scenes in the John Gardner Bond Continuation Novels?   Graphically Violent Scenes in the John Gardner Bond Continuation Novels? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:06 pm

What are your notable graphically violent scenes from the 16 John Gardner novels, including the novelisations in the total. There are many to choose from as Gardner was a prolific Bond writer - he wrote the most novels of any of the continuation authors and even wrote more novels than Ian Fleming himself, so this is an important topic, I think.

Did John Gardner follow on from the violence of Ian Fleming, or were his novels filled with more graphic violence such as that seen in Colonel Sun by Robert Markham (Kingsley Amis) or equally, did Gardner presage the more graphic in every sense culture of the later Raymond Benson Bond novels.

So, I'm open to hearing your choices.

I will give my choices at a later date. I want to see what BaB agents come up with first, though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Graphically Violent Scenes in the John Gardner Bond Continuation Novels?   Graphically Violent Scenes in the John Gardner Bond Continuation Novels? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Any interest on this one - I got a good few replies to the similar topics on Amis and Benson and the increased levels of violence in them, so I hope we can agree on some of the graphically violent scenes in the Bond tomes of the longest-running James Bond Continuation author - John Gardner. There are certainly plenty of scenes to choose from in the Gardner oeuvre!
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Graphically Violent Scenes in the John Gardner Bond Continuation Novels?   Graphically Violent Scenes in the John Gardner Bond Continuation Novels? EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:07 pm

I think Gardner always kept the violence in tone and in fitting with the book's plot at hand, so again as with Benson it was never apparent to me.
That said, I think like the plots and the writing, the violence and deaths were more inspired in the first half of his tenure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphically Violent Scenes in the John Gardner Bond Continuation Novels?   Graphically Violent Scenes in the John Gardner Bond Continuation Novels? Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphically Violent Scenes in the John Gardner Bond Continuation Novels?
Page 1 of 1