More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

James Bond walking tour, London

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

James Bond walking tour, London Empty
PostSubject: James Bond walking tour, London   James Bond walking tour, London EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 7:24 pm

I went on a 2.5 hour organised walking tour in London a couple of days ago. It only cost £10, with the meeting point outside Planet Hollywood in Piccadilly.

It was definitely worth doing, as I saw lots of locations which I've read about but never got the chance to actually explore. We started with the first location at Blades, which was used during the sword fight scene in DAD. I asked the tour guide whether this was the famous Blades that Fleming wrote about in MR, and he said it was, but I'm not entirely convinced he really knew, as he declared that he had never read a Fleming novel. I tried to refrain myself from correcting him on a few occasions, as I didn't want to sound like a clever know-it-all to the rest of the group.

The locations included -

Entrance to Buckingham Palace (DAD).
Whitehall/Downing Street, and the building where Bond stands at the end of Skyfall on the rooftop.
Malaysia Airways office (I think) near Trafalgar Square which doubled for Universal Export in OHMSS and TLD (apparently).
The tube locations for Bond's chase with Silva in Skyfall.
The street where Bond is running down to the sound of M's poem reading of Tennyson.
The art gallery bench and painting where Bond first meets M in Skyfall.
The famous lamp post publicity shot area where Lazenby was stood pointing his gun in front of Big Ben.

What was useful was the tour guide carried with him several photos of the locations we were visiting, so you could compare the photo with the actual view. It was definitely worth the money, and would highly recommend it to anyone who's in London and wants to kill a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: James Bond walking tour, London   James Bond walking tour, London EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 7:29 pm

As a born 'n bred Londoner it's a bit less exciting, but I might do it one of these days. ;)

Good to see you Mr Willy, things have been awfully dull around here... Now you're on this, I hope we're going to have some gratuitous sex and violence.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: James Bond walking tour, London   James Bond walking tour, London EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
As a born 'n bred Londoner it's a bit less exciting, but I might do it one of these days. ;)

Good to see you Mr Willy, things have been awfully dull around here... Now you're on this, I hope we're going to have some gratuitous sex and violence.

Let's hope so. Where's Doggy Bond? :*e*:
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond walking tour, London   James Bond walking tour, London EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Sounds a blast, Willy. And a damned shade better than Big Bus' Harry Potter one. Be a little decent to include the College of Arms. I recall getting inside with Kitty in 2007 but no such luck any further. Supposedly they get a few people coming solely for OHMSS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: James Bond walking tour, London   James Bond walking tour, London EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:28 pm

Sounds very interesting and affordable. I don't think that Blades gentlemen's club really existed, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Bond walking tour, London   James Bond walking tour, London Empty

Back to top Go down

James Bond walking tour, London
Page 1 of 1