More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here

Go down 
+19
6of1
bitchcraft
Prisoner Monkeys
Fairbairn-Sykes
Harmsway
Santa
CJB
Moore
Loomis
dr. strangelove
Jack Wade
Lazenby.
saint mark
Largo's Shark
Control
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Hilly
Makeshift Python
Fort Knox
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Honestly, if I was going to leave this place because other people didn't like my political or philosophical beliefs, I would've left AGES ago. I get enough sass from Sharky and Ambler and so on for my "juvenile" tastes - I'm pretty sure Ambler would count me in that "kids who think filmmaking started in 1977" category, even if tha's not true, and I've lost count of the number of times Sharky has lambasted my like of "Anal Rand". But isn't the whole point of a forum to discuss and debate topics with people of differing viewpoints? I keep coming back precisely because there isn't some forum party whip keeping everyone on the same page and demanding a kind of editorial standard view for all the members. I don't have to love Daniel Craig or Terence Malick or whoever to post here.

The flipside of that is knowing when a view you have is controversial or in a minority or potentially offensive, and having the good sense not to try and ram it down everyone's throats.

Not that having things rammed down your throat can't be fun every once in a while, though, eh?
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
The flipside of that is knowing when a view you have is controversial or in a minority or potentially offensive, and having the good sense not to try and ram it down everyone's throats.

I have no problem with offensive material though Star Trek is pushing it. ;-) However, this forum occasionally falls into possible illegality such as when Tux posted that kiddie image or when Khan put forward his white supremacist views. That's when I get uneasy.

At least, that's under English law; I've no idea where this forum is domiciled, such is the Internet. However, I think it's probable that the administrator has ultimate legal responsibility for content rather than the forum host so I suppose M has to decide how far he's prepared to go.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:35 pm

I like CULTUREVOX. It's punchy. It says what it is on the tin. It isn't generic.

I like it.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:30 am

CULTUREVOX

For:

Largo's Shark
M
Harmsway
Jack Wade
Vesper
A Watcher
Fairbairn-Sykes

Against:

Python
FieldsMan
Santa
Prisoner Monkeys
Mrs. Aural Sects (?)

7:5. Too close to call.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:40 am

I didn't like Culturevox, sorry.

Besides, if someone is doing a Bond search on google, will 'culturevox' even show up?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:45 am

Bond could easily fit in the site description.

Right now it's:

The very best in arts & culture discussion; Movies, Music, News, Politics, Lifestyle, Literature, Sport and more.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:17 am

I assume a companion site with actual content is on the cards? You could always compromise and call the main site CULTUREVOX and the discussion board (or the Bond section) THE BLADES CLUB or something like that. Just because the aim is to branch out and go broader doesn't mean you can't acknowledge the site's origins as a Bond discussion board.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:35 am

CultureBond?
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:50 am

Bondage Culture... That would up our presence in searches x1000.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:29 am

I like The Blades Club as a name.

Culturevox has a uniqueness to it, I give it that.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Culturevox, no thank you.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Back to the drawing board, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Or just leave it as it is?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:54 pm

I hate our current name. It's generic (there's already a site out there for Bond merchandise called Bond & Beyond - and many gala concerts nights use that title) and tainted by a bad reputation.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:11 pm

There is a conflict between what the site is and what some would like it to be.

Wade nailed it when he posted the banner with Bond, Trek, Madmen, and Del Rey. That's a pretty accurate summary of what goes on here these days.

Sharky's desire for Goddard and Hitchcock and culture is laudable but doesn't reflect the current user base. Personally I'd prefer the site to major on kim kardashian and dirty underwear.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:13 pm

I don't follow along with the need for transformation - changing the site's name would only highlight its self-doubt, and such insecurity is not an attractive character trait - but I did like Wade's banner.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:15 pm

And not mine, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Santa likes your penis, Sharky. Surely that's more important.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Santa wrote:
I don't follow along with the need for transformation - changing the site's name would only highlight its self-doubt, and such insecurity is not an attractive character trait [...].
Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:16 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
It's possible that our name has been tarnished by some of the controversies over the last year. It's not like Bond and Beyond has a major fan following on Facebook who'd be confused by the name change. It'd be a way of wiping the slate clean. A fresh start.

Surely the board needs a rebrand, but that seems like the wrong move. Seems cowardly, somehow.

Plus, I genuinely think Bond and Beyond is an awesome name. It captures the board's focus perfectly.
We're also number 1 for "bond and beyond" on Google. The merchandise website with the same name is number 2. If that's any consolation to anyone.

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:

I think that's the key. I certainly tired of hearing the same old tracts from the members who left over the politics crap.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Louis Armstrong wrote:
I certainly tired of hearing the same old tracts from the members who left over the politics crap.

The difficulty is that the members who left whether they were J7wild or Gravity were also our most prolific posters.

There's a second tier who have disappeared - Salome aka Oppers, Trevanian, and Control who were also fairly active, but without the extremist baggage. Maybe they could be encouraged to return.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:09 pm

How about NTSC - Never The Same Colours Twice?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
There's a second tier who have disappeared - Salome aka Oppers, Trevanian, and Control who were also fairly active, but without the extremist baggage. Maybe they could be encouraged to return.

I'm pretty sure Control's been busy with university. Nothing to do with the current atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Very well could be. I don't know what the calendar is for American universities, but I've barely posted in the last couple of months because it's been exam term.

Also, what's happened with quoting on this forum? I cannot write underneath the quoted passages in the compose screen.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:42 pm

It's a universal thing to do with phpBB. No way out.

Just toggle the editing mode with the button on the lower right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here   A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

A new name for the forums? Submit ideas here
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: