These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What browser do you use?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Location : I don't know what things will be like in 3 years. I don't have 2020 vision.

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Firefox.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Location : I don't know what things will be like in 3 years. I don't have 2020 vision.

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:44 pm

lalala2004 wrote:
I use Firefox. I haven't upgraded to 4 yet, though.

Same here, waiting for more feedback about it. Currently use 3.6.16 which seems to work just fine.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:22 am

I've upgraded to 4. Apart from looking slightly different, it's no great shakes. The open tags are at the very top of the page now instead of below the bar. Which I'm not sure I like.

The most annoying thing for me is that when you close Firefox, it doesn't give you the option to save the session anymore. I've tried the fix they suggest, but it doesn't. Bit of a nuisance, that, because I often have several tabs open, and I like it to keep my place.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:18 am

Ravenstone wrote:
I've upgraded to 4. Apart from looking slightly different, it's no great shakes. The open tags are at the very top of the page now instead of below the bar. Which I'm not sure I like.
You can change the appearance of the browser to make it look quite a bit different than the last version. In fact, it looks a lot like Chrome.

Also, you can move the position of the tabs around. Right-click anywhere in the top of your browser and uncheck "Tabs on top."
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:53 am

Jack Wade wrote:

Also, you can move the position of the tabs around. Right-click anywhere in the top of your browser and uncheck "Tabs on top."

Ohhh yes!!! Thank you very much, Mr. Wade! That's an improvement. It seemed such a waste of space at the top. Takes up more room, it seems.

Now I just need to find a way of storing the session when closing down. Although I suppose it's not the end of the world. It was just handy.

I haven't tried changing the appearance. I may do later.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
Now I just need to find a way of storing the session when closing down. Although I suppose it's not the end of the world. It was just handy.
Apparently that will require a little bit more work. Not sure why, though. I liked this feature in previous versions of Firefox, and apparently 4.0 takes this away.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Ravenstone wrote:
Apparently that will require a little bit more work. Not sure why, though. I liked this feature in previous versions of Firefox, and apparently 4.0 takes this away.

From what I've found so, it doesn't. It's actually remarkably smooth. Before, it was crashing thanks to several addons (i.e. Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.2.1, Tex-to-Image etc...) suddenly not working with the version of Firefox I was using. Thankfully Firefox 4.0 has disabled them with my consent.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:27 pm

For the past couple of days Firefox has been being a real asshole. Slowing down on certain sites it never used to, CPU skyrocketing, just awful. I had no idea what the problem was, heard it had something to do with add-ons or something. I never download add-ons unless it's needed for sites like flash for YouTube. I recently upgraded my IE to version 9. Nifty, but still no spell check feature? Come on, step up Microsoft. So I uninstalled Firefox completely hoping that a fresh start would clean things up. Went to the main site, found out about 4.0 and downloaded it, and am now using it.

Now all those issues are gone. More likely because of the clean uninstalling it. Either way it's all good now and 4.0 is a fine upgrade I think.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:18 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
For the past couple of days Firefox has been being a real asshole. Slowing down on certain sites it never used to, CPU skyrocketing, just awful.

Same here. It kept crashing every time certain links were clicked on, pages opened, etc... When I downloaded the latest Firefox, all that changed.

Almost as if it was something designed by Mozilla.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:15 am

Yep, I had the same problem: sudden and constant crashes, miraculous solved when I upgraded to 4.0.

I blame the patriarchy. That and the Belgians. Though not Belgian women. Obviously.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:51 am

With the recent childish fuckwittery from Mozilla and Adobe I've switched to Opera. Couldn't be happier, TBH. It's easily the fastest browser I've ever worked with.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:59 pm

Any way of viewing B&B without Flash?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:37 am

Not that I'm aware of, at least if you want to see the Youtube vids.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:07 am

I've abandoned Firefox entirely since switching to Mac last year. It was draining my battery somehow. I'm full-time with Safari.

Sucks what Adobe's doing with Flash, though.
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:25 pm

I still use Firefox mostly because Pandora and Spotify seem to work smoother for me on it than the others despite the issues with Flash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What browser do you use?   

Back to top Go down

What browser do you use?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: