More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down Empty
PostSubject: National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down   National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:11 pm

Quote :
To the dignity of the Greek musicians
By Ruben Mattia Santorsa

Translated by Daria Evangelista

The National Symphony Orchestra of Greece ceases its activity. On the internet we can see the video of its last concert. The musicians are crying. In those tears, a mixture of dignity and despair, I read the word “END” for the greatest country of culture, I read the total failure of the European Union. To shut down a full orchestra means to destroy an important part of the culture of a country. Maybe that’s the goal pursued by more and more governments, because culture is the only means available for people to assert their identity and be able to govern fairly.

The National Symphony Orchestra of Greece closes down. Farewell Socrates, Archimedes, Homer. Actions like these can destroy a nation by erasing the little part of culture that’s still left. I am close to my Greek colleagues: no one will ever take away the dignity that you have shown in that video.

http://www.ilritaglio.it/2013/articles-in-english/to-the-dignity-of-the-greek-musicians/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down   National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Why Nimrod?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down   National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:44 pm

Because Xenakis wouldn't have set the right mood.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down   National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Maybe something more cheerful like Chopin's piano sonata no.2.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down   National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Better yet, the Dambusters March.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down   National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:54 pm

I'm saving that for Dog's 'music to shag to' thread.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down   National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:04 am

I'm going to leave the room to avoid friendly fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down   National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down Empty

Back to top Go down

National Symphony Orchestra of Greece Closed Down
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: News & Current Affairs-
Jump to: