More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Man of Tai Chi (2013, directed by Keanu Reeves)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

Man of Tai Chi (2013, directed by Keanu Reeves) Empty
PostSubject: Man of Tai Chi (2013, directed by Keanu Reeves)   Man of Tai Chi (2013, directed by Keanu Reeves) EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 2:15 am

Rewatching POINT BREAK the other day, I found myself wondering what Keanu Reeves has been up to lately and realising that I kind of miss the guy, both as a movie star and as an action star (wouldn't mind giving SPEED another viewing as well). Imagine my delight when, a few hours later, I learned of the existence of MAN OF TAI CHI, in which Reeves not only makes a long-awaited return to the world of the action flick but also makes his directorial debut. A trailer may be found here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62847

What d'yer reckon, then? I'm hoping for a modern day ENTER THE DRAGON with shades of THE EXPENDABLES, KILL BILL, THE MATRIX, THE RAID: REDEMPTION and so on and so forth, and this trailer looks pretty promising. Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Man of Tai Chi (2013, directed by Keanu Reeves)   Man of Tai Chi (2013, directed by Keanu Reeves) EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Loomis wrote:
shades of THE EXPENDABLES, KILL BILL, THE MATRIX, THE RAID: REDEMPTION

That's a pretty awful list of inspirations.

Does Keanu Reeves want to be made an honorary Chinaman?
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Man of Tai Chi (2013, directed by Keanu Reeves)   Man of Tai Chi (2013, directed by Keanu Reeves) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:52 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Loomis wrote:
shades of THE EXPENDABLES, KILL BILL, THE MATRIX, THE RAID: REDEMPTION

That's a pretty awful list of inspirations.

Sure (KILL BILL aside), but while not being great (or even especially good) films they nonetheless have their moments and their interesting elements - which is why I merely ask for shades of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man of Tai Chi (2013, directed by Keanu Reeves)   Man of Tai Chi (2013, directed by Keanu Reeves) Empty

Back to top Go down

Man of Tai Chi (2013, directed by Keanu Reeves)
Page 1 of 1