These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:11 pm

dr. strangelove wrote:
I like Emilia Clarke and I suppose Taylor did a decent enough job with Thor 2, so I want to give this one the benefit of the doubt....but this seriously looks terrible. Like, shockingly bad.

...and does it piss anyone else off when actors are in multiple movie franchises? Jai Courtney seems like a franchise whore. Jack Reacher, Divergent, this new Terminator, Die Hard, and next in Suicide Squad. He's like the male Zoe Saldana.

Jai Courtney isn't a big star; he isn't the lead in any franchise, so there's no problem with him being in these films. I mean, what is he supposed to do? Turn down work? Not co-star in these movies?

Emilia Clarke has a passing resemblance to Linda Hamilton, so I could potentially buy her as Sarah Connor; but Jai Courtney looks nothing like Michael Biehn's Kyle Reese. Not even close. But that may turn out to be the least of the problems with this film.

I've watched the trailer several times and I've just not been able to find one moment that made me go "Wow! I've *GOT* to see this". Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Some of it looks painful (mostly the Arnold scenes), none of it looks fresh or interesting, and I was shocked at how they seem to be stealing from previous Terminator movies in order to sell this one.

I believe this is going to be a huge box office bomb. Does anyone want to see a silver-haired Terminator? I think not.
Back to top Go down
Stamper
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:05 pm

That's awesome Python LOL
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:55 pm

At this point the studio *MUST* know it has a massive turkey on its hands. I believe this film will finally put the dagger through the heart of the Terminator "franchise". And to think Schwarzenegger said SALVATION "sucked" a few days ago while doing publicity for this film (always the staple of an actor desperate to make his/her film seem better by slagging off on previous entries). Another staple of a desperate studio is to give away the entire plot in the previews. I guess they decided that if they couldn't give away the twist no one would be bothered to come see this thing in the theater.

The main audience for this film is 45-55 years of age, and I'm not sure it's a good idea for them to bring Arnold back into this film because it can only serve to remind audiences when he used to be at the top of this game, and this film surely ain't it.

Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Looks shyte.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:14 am

Oh well, at least not everything Ahnult is in this year will be a total embarrassment -

Ahem.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:39 am

Sly Stallone's bread advert is blindingly epic compared to the above.d
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:44 pm

I just hope Ahnuld's new Conan movie (assuming it gets made) is not too shyte.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Location : I don't know what things will be like in 3 years. I don't have 2020 vision.

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:53 pm

I'm gonna see it...love Terminator thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:17 pm

Looks like DIE HARD 4.0, but with Terminators in it. Or did DIE HARD 4.0 already HAVE Terminators? It may as well have had. Still, on the plus side, this can't be any worse than the last two sequels. And anyone who cared about making even a HALF decent film here would have grabbed the huge shipping container marked "special effects budget" and spent the money bringing back Linda Hamilton, Brad Fiedel and hiring a director as hungry to make one great film before bombast took over as James Cameron was in 1984. Anyways... For a film series which never should have had even ONE sequel, how they've gotten four together (sequel, prequel, retcon, reboot, psychobabbling origin epic or whatever) beggars belief. No speech probs for people in the ticket queue though, as most people with ears spent the whole 70s and 80s saying TERMINATE GENESIS.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:43 pm

It'll at least be better than A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD, because nothing could be worse.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:41 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
It'll at least be better than A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD, because nothing could be worse.

That is a bar that every single movie should be able to clear.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Location : I don't know what things will be like in 3 years. I don't have 2020 vision.

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:12 am

The film in 13 seconds...and also its best scene

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:45 pm

I have seen this now.
Even though it is an entirely pointless sequel, I found myself not totally hating it.
It is significantly better than Salvation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015   

Back to top Go down

Terminator: Genisys ::: 1 July 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: