More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

This

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

This  Empty
PostSubject: This    This  EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 5:39 pm

v

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

This  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This    This  EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 5:55 pm

It's a pretty daft generalisation. Some relationships have no doubt been damaged - but then they probably wouldn't have been that strong anyway. On the other hand many real relationships have started or allowed to flourish with the aid of the internet. Some people hide behind secrecy, but some don't. For Pingu's sake!
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

This  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This    This  EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 5:44 am

I agree with Santa. (What a lovely sentence that is.)

I know people whose relationships broke down because of one partner starting something online with someone else.  But I think if it were not the internet it would have been the pub or the tennis court or something else that invited the wedge.

Going on my experience alone, I would say that the internet opens up a whole new world of fun, healthy friendships and romance. Of course one has to be careful when meeting new people but that is no different from meeting new people offline. Many people I know see the internet as a place to meet, play and learn but not as a replacement for in-person fun or business. Just an extension of it.

So to answer the question... I don't think the internet encourages secrecy or damages relationships. However, I do think it can be used as a tool for secrecy which can damage relationships but it's not the cause. The people are the cause. They use whatever tools available to them in any era.

My dad didn't have the internet in the 70s but he sure found ways to cheat on my mother, lie about it and have friends cover it.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

This  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This    This  EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:38 pm

Santa wrote:
It's a pretty daft generalisation. Some relationships have no doubt been damaged - but then they probably wouldn't have been that strong anyway. On the other hand many real relationships have started or allowed to flourish with the aid of the internet. Some people hide behind secrecy, but some don't. For Pingu's sake!
I agree with the hot bitch thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

This  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This    This  EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 4:50 pm

It's all got to end at some point.

No sense in blaming Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

This  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This    This  EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:20 am

I think Terry Gilliam is to blame for many breakups. He gets people confused and then they leave eachother. It's because of him they think searching for a third person on the interwebs for a threesome is a bad thing no whilst it might just have been what saved their relationship..

Back to top Go down
boldfinger
Cipher Clerk
boldfinger

This  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This    This  EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 8:20 pm

But he did great Gillianimatics.

To say the internet destroyed communication is like saying Kurt Cobain was killed by drugs.
The problem is education. And Skynet. If we don´t rule the machines, the machines will rule us. Also inside us the cold, ruthless part will dominate us if we nurture it.
But all that is very ancient knowledge.

Anyhow, if Gilliams new film rocks I will go see it. Or maybe I will go see it to see if it rocks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This    This  Empty

Back to top Go down

This
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: