More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Property of a Lady

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

The Property of a Lady  Empty
PostSubject: The Property of a Lady    The Property of a Lady  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 7:31 pm

http://www.thepropertyofalady.com/

"The Property of A Lady"
– Bond 23 Theme for 2011?
In late 2008, agents Hannam and Hill embarked on their most difficult mission yet – to compose a James Bond song that captured the flamboyant, melodramatic sound of the classic '60s 007 soundtracks, but with a modern, dark feel that suited Daniel Craig's gritty portrayal of England's greatest ever hero.

They felt that the most recent attempts at Bond songs by American rock artists simply didn't have a licence to thrill – that they were trying too hard to be rugged, masculine and alternative and that they lacked style, sophistication and charm.

Just like the makers of the latest Bond film, Quantum of Solace, our agents decided to turn to Bond's creator, Ian Fleming, to find a title for their composition. They opted for The Property of a Lady – a little-known Fleming short story in which Bond investigates a Secret Service employee, Maria Freudenstein, who is a double agent about to be paid by her Russian keepers by auctioning a clock crafted by Peter Carl Fabergé at Sotheby's in her name.

The core of this story – the auctioning of a Fabergé egg at Sotheby's to raise funds - was incorporated into the Octopussy film, with the story's title being uttered in dialogue by Bond, but the title had never been used as either a Bond song or a film. Until now.

Full story and song on link.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The Property of a Lady    The Property of a Lady  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Not bad, but not particularly good either. Wasn't a fan of the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

PostSubject: Re: The Property of a Lady    The Property of a Lady  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:46 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Not bad, but not particularly good either. Wasn't a fan of the lyrics.

Nor was I but more interested in the quest to get more UK artists for the Bond songs.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: The Property of a Lady    The Property of a Lady  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:31 am

Someone send a note to Nick Rhodes ☀
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Property of a Lady    The Property of a Lady  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:43 am

I like it. I think it reminds me of something.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Property of a Lady    The Property of a Lady  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Property of a Lady
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Music of 007-
Jump to: