More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9

Go down 
+35
Makeshift Python
Hilly
Campbell4
Salomé
Largo's Shark
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
bitchcraft
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
boldfinger
Carruthers
Xenia93
Vesper
Moore
Ravenstone
Prisoner Monkeys
General Yuskovich
dr. strangelove
CJB
Tubes
trevanian
Control
GeneralGogol
Agent007391
The White Tuxedo
saint mark
Murdock
retrokitty
HJackson
Fairbairn-Sykes
Santa
Loomis
Harmsway
lachesis
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:40 am

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2

Not on the same level as BATMAN & ROBIN, but a dud nonetheless. The only thing that stood out in a good way was Dane Dehaan as Harry Osborn, and that's before he even becomes The Green Goblin.

The worst part? A totally and thoroughly miscast Jamie Foxx as Electro. His motivation and character is never really firmly established, and he just feels and seems like a third wheel in this movie.

A lot of money was wasted in this film, particularly the precredits sequence involving Richard Parker and his wife, plus the entire opening chase sequence involving Paul Giamatti, and then the ending action sequence involving The Rhino; none of the above sequences actually added anything to the film. Giamatti's role could have been completely cut and you'd never know it, and I'm sure there are executives at the studio reviewing the receipts and wondering why millions were spent on a cop car chase at both ends of the film that didn't move the plot along at all. And everything that was shown in the pre-credits sequence on the jet was then recapped to Peter Parker in a Youtube video made by his father, so why bother filming it at all?
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 2:40 am

I've been reading Spider-Man since I was 5 and Electro was neither blue nor had a nose that was bigger than Rhino's horn.

Only a couple scenes gave the movie some redeeming moments...Gwen's death and little Spider-man facing off with Rhino.

This sequel was a turkey and the box office showed it...down $60m in the USA.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 3:27 am

bitchcraft wrote:
I've been reading Spider-Man since I was 5 and Electro was neither blue nor had a nose that was bigger than Rhino's horn.

Only a couple scenes gave the movie some redeeming moments...Gwen's death and little Spider-man facing off with Rhino.

This sequel was a turkey and the box office showed it...down $60m in the USA.

I hated that scene with L'il Spider-Man. So cliched. #1 If there is a situation where someone in an armored vehicle/rhino-suit is hurtling down the street firing machine guns and missiles at the police, I'm not going to be standing around behind a fenced-in area like a spectator at a football game...or a fan on the red carpet trying to get an autograph. Why aren't these people running for their lives? #2 Are you telling me not one cop was willing to risk his life to get in between the Rhino and Wee Spider-Man?

And the opening action sequence is overkill....I can't imagine that many cop cars getting behind each other and following so closely, all to fall like dominoes as they crash into each other.

I never thought the original trilogy needed "rebooting"; yes, #3 had it's problems, but it didn't necessitate starting over the whole series; just a decent fourth film. Now SONY is kind of stuck with what they've got. Can't reboot it yet again, can we? I don't particularly care for Andrew Garfield; I like his Spider-Man, but his Peter Parker seems like a faux-hipster; wearing Thrasher shirts and skateboarding with a hoodie. pukeface
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 3:30 am

Hmm.. I'm no Marvel fanatic, and don't know of the original spiderman comics, but I enjoy the Spiderman reboot - if only for the exceptional cast. And I think that Rhino featuring in the sequel is just in line with Marvel's trend of featuring certain characters to tease the next film.
Back to top Go down
boldfinger
Cipher Clerk
boldfinger

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 8:46 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
I don't particularly care for Andrew Garfield; I like his Spider-Man, but his Peter Parker seems like a faux-hipster; wearing Thrasher shirts and skateboarding with a hoodie. pukeface
I couldn´t disagree more. What you describe was my first impression from fotos I saw before watching the movie. But in both movies, I find Garfield the most redeeming element, especially as Peter Parker. Garfield´s an absolute prodigy.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 9:36 am

The cast in the ASM films are much better than Raimi's, but the films themselves only make it that more disappointing. I really want Garfield to have a great Spidy film.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:07 pm

The only redeeming features for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 were Dane DeHaan's performance and Hans Zimmer's score. The main theme is a rip off of Fanfare for the Common Man but the score as a whole is unusually sophisticated.

Like this Herrmannesque track.

Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 9:24 pm

Into The Storm

Good special effects. The 'recovered documentary' style actually works quite well. 'Imself is still laughing at Richard Armitage's attempt at an American accent, but what do I care? He spent most of the film wet, so I was happy.
Back to top Go down
boldfinger
Cipher Clerk
boldfinger

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:25 pm

I don´t know what was supposed to be redeeming about Dane DeHaan in TASM2, he doesn´t have half of Garfield´s charisma and skill. But I agree that both ASM films were a waste for about 80%.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:45 pm

David Lean's Oliver Twist

the third viewing and personally it's a glorious film. From that grim opening of Oliver's mother on the moor struggling (the stark image of the thorns) through to Guinness' Fagin, to the murder of Nancy (the dog scratching so furiously) and to the rather happy ending.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:23 pm

boldfinger wrote:
I don´t know what was supposed to be redeeming about Dane DeHaan in TASM2, he doesn´t have half of Garfield´s charisma and skill.

Garfield has charisma and skill? Who are you, his agent?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:24 pm

His lover. Ryan Gosling's out of town.

I might take in 'She's Funny That Way' if and when it hits Albania. Odd that Peter Bogdanovich is so much more interesting than his movies.
Back to top Go down
boldfinger
Cipher Clerk
boldfinger

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:57 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
boldfinger wrote:
I don´t know what was supposed to be redeeming about Dane DeHaan in TASM2, he doesn´t have half of Garfield´s charisma and skill.

Garfield has charisma and skill? Who are you, his agent?
If you want to go down that road, take me literally. I just said DeHaan shows half as much in the film.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Rate the Films You've Seen in 2014 (Released in 2014)   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 8:19 pm

GODZILLA: The first worthy sequel to the original Ishirō Honda film. Gojira as pop cultural hero. Recommended.

BOYHOOD: Smug, privileged hipster bullshit, as expected from Linklater.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2: RISE OF ELECTRO: Utter rubbish, minus a few saving graces. Hans Zimmer's Copeland-meets-Tangerine-Dream score is unusually colourful for a modern blockbuster and Dane DaHaan is one of the more interesting young actors in Hollywood at the moment. Plus Emma Stone, 'nuff said.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER: Cynical, pseudo-70s, juvenile tripe. Redford is usual wooden self.

GET ON UP: Wonderful James Brown biopic. Non hagiographic and truthful.

LOCKE: Tom Hardy's finest hour to date.

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Don't bother with much other than SF these days, so:

Her

Under the Skin

Transcendence

Edge of Tomorrow

Guardians of the Galaxy

Inbetweeners 2

The last two were not my choice I hasten to add, I was only obeying orders. Under the Skin is excellent, and Her and Edge of Tomorrow are worth seeing.  

Next up:
The Wind Rises (at last)
Lucy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 11:46 pm

edit.

Last edited by FieldsMan on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 12:07 am

Hmmm, the usual confusion here. I thought this thread was for films released in 2014.   Forgot about 'wolf of wall street' though. Top totty and dark humour, but it didn't stand up to a second viewing. Also saw American Hustle. All right, but the sort of thing Don Siegel could knock out in his sleep.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 12:09 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Under the Skin is excellent

Haven't seen that, but I love what I've heard of the score.

The composer Mica Levi wrote an article for the Guardian on her process.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/mar/15/mica-levi-under-the-skin-soundtrack
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 12:10 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Hmmm, the usual confusion here. I thought this thread was for films released in 2014.

That's what I intended. Will edit the title.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 12:16 am

Yeah, Under the Skin should be retitled Under the Radar. It may be the only great film I've seen for a while - occasionally something artistic and adult comes along and you realise everything else you've seen is childish shit. I'd love to know what Nic Roeg thought of Under the Skin. Strong 'Man Who Fell to Earth' influence.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:37 am

Bottom of the pile...

Robocop (2014) - Utter disappointment.
Purge 2 - Great premise...ruined
Expendables 3 - should never be PG-13...pathetic CGI...just a waste

X-Men Days of Future Past is my pick of the 2014 comic movies so far...
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:56 am

Basil's rolling in his grave.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:05 am

In release order:

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Somewhat mixed, but enjoyed it.
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - I enjoyed it.
DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES - Top 3 of the series, if that means anything.
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Fun bit of space opera.
LUCY - 2001 meets LA FEMME NIKITA, color me intrigued.

Of what I've seen, LUCY is the one I find myself liking more. It has a certain kind of absurdity that I find appealing. If only ScarJo let out her puppies in this one, I might have given it a strong recommend.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:36 am

A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)

Held off on watching this for awhile (the reviews were so abysmal, it's the only DIE HARD my mom skipped seeing it in theaters). This certainly is a series low, but I was not aware of how repetitive and aggressively stupid it was. It not only makes McClane an unlikable idiot, but thinks that's why we're supposed to like him.

"Dad, you're only good at killing people."
"Yeah."

Unless McTiernan comes back, I couldn't care less of where this series goes.
Back to top Go down
boldfinger
Cipher Clerk
boldfinger

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)

Held off on watching this for awhile (the reviews were so abysmal, it's the only DIE HARD my mom skipped seeing it in theaters). This certainly is a series low, but I was not aware of how repetitive and aggressively stupid it was. It not only makes McClane an unlikable idiot, but thinks that's why we're supposed to like him.

"Dad, you're only good at killing people."
"Yeah."

Unless McTiernan comes back, I couldn't care less of where this series goes.
Good idea. I understand he´s currently working on two projects, but I´m sure he could use a third one. Especially the money expectable from a Die Hard film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9   Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9 - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched? Mark 9
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next