More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII

Go down 
+8
CJB
Largo's Shark
Jack Wade
The White Tuxedo
Drax
Hilly
Makeshift Python
Control
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:29 pm

STAR WARS VII likely to be scored by John Williams:
http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/04/30/star-wars-episode-vii-likely-to-be-scored-by-john-williams/

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Better him than Micheal Giancho.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:14 pm

So say all of us.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 11:12 pm

Control wrote:
http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/04/30/star-wars-episode-vii-likely-to-be-scored-by-john-williams/

That's good news. I was quite uneasy at the prospect of a SW film scored by anyone else.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:54 am

Boy, I hope he can last another ten years to take care of this trilogy. I was dreading Giacchino doing it. Beyond his scores being dogshit, he has the those asinine pun track titles.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:04 am

There are a lot worse choices than Giacchino.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:36 am

Breaking news.

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:53 am

Jack Wade wrote:
There are a lot worse choices than Giacchino.

...Yeah, but I'd really hate it if he did the film (if Williams vanishes into the Force before then).
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:09 am

I think it's evident who Williams' natural successor is.

John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII David_arnold

Pictured: David Arnold using the Force.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:20 am

If Arnold doing STAR WARS is enough to get him away from Bond, I'd allow it. Yeah, I value Bond more than STAR WARS.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Drax wrote:
Control wrote:

That's good news. I was quite uneasy at the prospect of a SW film scored by anyone else.

Indeed. STAR WARS without Williams would be like Bond without Barry.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Here's the video of Abrams talking about Giacchino and Williams: https://youtu.be/1J46rgq54SU?t=7m1s
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyThu May 02, 2013 2:05 am

Williams is a master who can make memorable themes for these kinds of films, even if the music editing of AOTC and ROTS is questionable. It's like saying about a singer, "you can hear the words." With Williams you can hear and remember the notes.

Giacchino provides mostly a slushy assault of random music. To my ears at least. Sorta like Arnold, where he doesn't write a memorable theme*, but throws 20 things at you at once.

*I think Arnold can write a theme, but the orchestration or whatever can suck.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyThu May 02, 2013 2:19 am

What people often underrate Williams for is how well he handles underscore - how much attention to detail he has.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:51 pm

@1:33
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:54 pm

Aye, fully expect him there as well.

Remainder of the vid illustrates what a decent chap he is to boot.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: dsfgsdfg   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:18 pm

from the Beeb

Star Wars sequels to be scored by John Williams

Quote :
Composer John Williams is to return to score Star Wars: Episode VII, it has been announced.

The Oscar-winner, who has composed all six films in the sci-fi saga, said he was "happy to be continuing to be part of the whole fun" of the franchise.

Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy confirmed the news at a Star Wars fan event in Germany.

In an interview with StarWars.com, Williams hinted he would likely use some of the music from previous films.

"I haven't seen the script, so the story is still unknown to me, but I can't image there will not be some references to the existing stories that would make appropriate use of some of the earlier themes," he said.

The composer has won five Oscars over his 60-year career for his famous film scores including Jaws, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial and the first Star Wars film.

He has also been nominated for more than 40 other Academy Awards for his work on movies including Superman, the Indiana Jones films, Saving Private Ryan and most recently, Lincoln.

In April, Episode VII director JJ Abrams indicated he wanted Williams to score his film, but said it was "early days".

In his latest interview, Williams praised the director saying he was "perfectly chosen to continue George Lucas's great odyssey".

Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to be released in 2015.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Unless Williams has a cure for CGI, then these films are still fucked even before a single frame has been shot.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:47 pm

I've so gotten over the complaint of CGI. I really don't care whether it's CGI or practical now, as long as it actually works, complimenting the film rather than doing the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:57 pm

Overuse of CGI is just too great a temptation, as one shit blockbuster after another for over a decade now has proven.  With a few minor exceptions, it takes priority over story, characters, music, plot and just about anything else. It ruined modern Star Wars big-time.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:09 am

Excuse my first response, your post came off as "anti-CGI" to me at first as in I thought you were implying that it's never an acceptable form of tool for films to use. I always get annoyed by that argument as I've heard it many times, so I take it back. I do agree about an overeliance on effects being a flaw in blockbusters. However, there were people that used the same complaint about practical effects back in the day too. How many times have you heard "BLADE RUNNER is all effects no story"? Even GHOSTBUSTERS initially had a bunch of folks who couldn't understand why a comedy needed special effects. Overuse on effects isn't something new, maybe more noticeable to those who are allergenic to CGI.

With J.J. Abrams though, yeah, I don't have much confidence.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:09 am

CGI or not I'm grateful for a Williams Star Wars score. Even if he does rehash old stuff.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Nice to know that Williams is officially returning.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 5:23 pm

Williams was pretty much guaranteed. Kasdan is the surprising news.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII   John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII Empty

Back to top Go down

John Williams will return to score Star Wars Episode VII
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next