More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016) Empty
PostSubject: Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016)   Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:30 am

NME wrote:
Boba Fett ‘Star Wars’ spinoff reportedly in pre-production

Fan favourite is reportedly being lined-up for his own standalone film

Star Wars character, Boba Fett,is reportedly being lined-up for his own spinoff film.

The news of the standalone film, which will delight Star Wars fans across the world, was revealed by Metalocalypse director Joe Schnepp who said the spinoff would be written by Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote The Empire Strikes Back and The Return Of The Jedi.

In an interview with AMC Movie Talk, Schepp said: "One of them is Boba Fett. It is. I know. I know for a fact. I will never reveal my source, but it is the one written by Lawrence Kasdan."

Kasdan is on board to pen a new Star Wars standalone film, separate from the new trilogy which begins with the JJ Abrams directed Star Wars: Episode VII. Last February (2013), Lawrence Kasdan said in an interview that he wants to "start fresh" with the franchise's spin-off film.

Speaking about the project, which he was remaining tight-lipped about regarding the characters involved and the plot, Kasdan revealed that he will be working on the film with X-Men: Days of Future Past screenwriter Simon Kinberg.

He told the LA Times: "I'm trying to start fresh. There are certain pleasures that we think the saga can bring to people that they've been missing, and we're hoping to bring them that, and at the same time, have them feel that it's all new.

"The ones I worked on were a long time ago, and they had a slightly different feeling than the ones that followed. The first three, Star Wars, Empire and Return of the Jedi, are all sort of more about people than the ones that followed."

According to reports, Disney plan the spin-off films to include vehicles for Han Solo and Boba Fett. Solo's film would be set in the time period between Revenge Of The Sith and A New Hope,while the Boba Fett film would take place either between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back,or between The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi.

Don't know whether Fett appeal has run it's course after all that Jango shite in the prequels, but somebody somewhere seems to think there's still an audience for it. Very surprised that Kasdan seems willingly involved in what is merely the Star Wars equivalent of crap like X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE. Maybe old Larry's feeling the pinch just like the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016)   Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 2:47 am

Meh. I wasn't the biggest Fett fan even before the prequels. Still I guess he's one of the characters who should (if they should have in the first place) have a spin-off film. A Lando one...well, scratch that.

But I'm guessing, nay hoping, "Boba Fett: Into Darkness" is a working title.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016)   Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:47 am

A Lando spin off would be cool if it were twenty years ago. All of this would be undeniably cooler and we would all be shitting ourselves in excitement over it if it were twenty years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016)   Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:59 am

Hilly KCMG wrote:

But I'm guessing, nay hoping, "Boba Fett: Into Darkness" is a working title.

BOBA FETT: MONEY NEVER SLEEPS.

An apt title given what the franchise has descended into.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016)   Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:11 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
All of this would be undeniably cooler and we would all be shitting ourselves in excitement over it if it were twenty years ago.

25 years ago would be better... Before the dark times... Before mass CGI. IMO, that's the only chance any Star Wars films would have had to match the originals on any level.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016)   Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:18 am

I just feel like the early 90s were the time to catch it. We loved Star Wars, and were starved for it. It's why those early books and comics that came out at that time exploded, the Timothy Zahn books at Bantam and the Tom Veitch comics at Dark Horse. It's why Shadows of the Empire worked and why we sat through the Special Editions and cheered regardless and were pumped for Episode I.

Now, twenty years later, the franchise has lost its lustre. It's been thousands of comics, hundreds of books, tons of video games, cartoons, CGI spin-offs and TV shows, and of course the prequel trilogy. It's not even that the quality all went down across the board -- some of the novels and comics were able to mine gold out of Lucas' prequel turds -- but we've been oversatiated with Star Wars.

The old stars returning, however big or small their roles turn out to be, will feel tired and past their prime regardless. It will be sad to see them up there, not joyous. It's not getting the band back together, it's using some familiar faces to sell some new shit. And no matter how good that new shit is, they've done so many stories set post-ROTJ in the "Expanded Universe" that I'm sure I'll be able to point to a book or a comic or a game and say "they did it better there". Boba Fett's had a million solo comic book adventures to the point where I'm sick of a character who did basically nothing in the movies.

Twenty years ago the fanbase would have exploded for Episode VII, even if it had CGI it would have been minimal, it would have been like Starship Troopers or Jurassic Park -- some early dodgy CGI for crazy big shit and fantastic miniature and animatronic work to sell it.

Now, the best even the optimistic fanboy can muster is a kind've tired shrug and a "sure, I'll give it a shot. See what happens."
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016)   Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:43 am

I remember hearing that we would have gotten a SEVEN SAMURAI type story, following the few surviving Jedi that escaped the Empire's extermination of all Jedi. They're at the outer rim of the galaxy, many ending up as old hermits, called to action when a village is attacked by thieves as there's no law or government to protect them. That sounded like the only interesting kind of flick I wanted to see based on the Star Wars universe, but I suppose that was just another rumor that many sites went ape over. I couldn't care less about Boba Fett. He made a great henchman, but that's all he was. Characters like Jaws were never meant to lead their own films.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016)   Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:56 pm

Idris Fucking Elba for Boba Fett.

kaboom 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016)   Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016) Empty

Back to top Go down

Boba Fett: Into Darkness (2016)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: