More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material

Go down 
+4
Fairbairn-Sykes
Campbell4
Makeshift Python
Control
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material Empty
PostSubject: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:17 am

http://www.ianfleming.com/anthony-horowitz-to-write-new-james-bond-novel/

Not sure if this is a good choice or not. I've never read any of his work, mainly because none of it has interested me.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 1:09 am

He's an excellent writer, whether it's novels or TV. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:53 am

Interesting approach, I look forward to how this turns out. Also encourages me to finish reading the remaining post-Fleming in time before the new one's release.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 10:58 am

Looking forward to it, can't be all bad. Imagine, James Bond and Stirling Moss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:30 am

Any suggestions what to read of him? My knowledge doesn't go beyond hearsay and I'd like to get an idea. I'm not into Holmes though, so House of Silk could be fantastic and would still be wasted on me, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:38 am

Hey, what was the consensus around here on SOLO? It couldn't have been worse than Carte Blanche.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:04 am

I didn't read it, but from what I gathered SOLO was pretty lackluster, but nowhere near as poor CARTE BLANCHE.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Indeed, Solo was marginally better than Carte Blanche. Not touching the latter again, I'd re-read Solo but not as often as say the Gardner's.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 4:12 pm

I read the first three Alex Rider books, fun reads. After letting it settle a bit they strike me as entertaining enough. Maybe closer to the cinema Bond than other continuations I've read. Not in a bad way, just different. They are gripping, soft thrillers for young readers, but no way kiddie-Bond. Could be a bit more sex in them. I'm interested what the real thing will be like. The Riders are promising enough.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Some guy on MI 6 was at the launch event for Horowitz book Moriarty:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10026/anthony-horowitz-to-write-new-james-bond-novel-inspired-by-original-unseen-fleming-material#latest

According to this Horowitz found Bond harder to write than Holmes.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 8:49 am

Hilly KCMG wrote:
Looking forward to it, can't be all bad. Imagine, James Bond and Stirling Moss.
Motorsport?

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 3:34 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
He's an excellent writer, whether it's novels or TV. Looking forward to it.
This is promising. And he seems to be a proper genre writer, too, which bodes well.

Devil May Care, Carte Blanche, and Solo have all been crushing disappointments (they're enough to make you long for the Gardner novels). I hope this one is an improvement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material   Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material Empty

Back to top Go down

Anthony Horowitz to pen next Bond novel based on original, unseen Fleming material
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Literary Bond-
Jump to: