More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

John Barry's "Death of Grant" cue in the Bond vs Grant.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

John Barry's "Death of Grant" cue in the Bond vs Grant. Empty
PostSubject: John Barry's "Death of Grant" cue in the Bond vs Grant.   John Barry's "Death of Grant" cue in the Bond vs Grant. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 8:11 am

I thought it would be fun to take piece of music that were composed for the Bond films but were ultimately not used in the final cuts. This one example being the train brawl between Bond and Red Grant. As interesting to see how those pieces played in the scenes, I think it was the right choice to not use them on the final cut. The lack of music makes the fight scene feel more raw with the emphasis on the sound f/x, complimenting the idea of it being a very nasty fight in a confined space. The tension before Grant opens the briefcase works much better as it is IMO.

The 70s Elmer Bernstein recording is much better, but I couldn't find it on UTube.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: John Barry's "Death of Grant" cue in the Bond vs Grant.   John Barry's "Death of Grant" cue in the Bond vs Grant. EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 8:15 pm

boldfinger wrote:
The music during the fight scene works very well.

It's a nice "action packed" take of "Stalking" from the PTS. Still, I like that they decided not to use it.

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Barry's "Death of Grant" cue in the Bond vs Grant.   John Barry's "Death of Grant" cue in the Bond vs Grant. Empty

Back to top Go down

John Barry's "Death of Grant" cue in the Bond vs Grant.
Page 1 of 1