These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Citizenfour - Edward Snowden documentary

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Citizenfour - Edward Snowden documentary   Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:34 am

I have to say I am intrigued by this.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Citizenfour - Edward Snowden documentary   Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:56 am

I shall be going to a satellite screening of this on the 17th.

Although I don't fully understand Snowdon's motivations, in my gut I think what he did was right and that citizens are far too trusting. They need to know that the state is not some benevolent entity with their best interests at heart.

As an aside, some of my work colleagues - not many of the women, I should add - think Snowdon to be more deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize than Malala Yousafzai. They may be right - I'm still trying to sort out my own position on this.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Citizenfour - Edward Snowden documentary   Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:38 am

More deserving? Since the Nobel Peace Prize went to Kissinger it's not hard to find more deserving candidates.

I view Snowdon as a hero, he did all of us a BIG SERVICE and put his life and wellbeing on the line. Telling how the Western World regards its own so-called values when a man who made a giant and ongoing crime against all our privacy public has to live in a rival dictatorship for his pains now. I support the Peace Prize for Yousafzai, but I'd support it going to Snowdon just as much if not more. He's a Winston Smith inside the apparat and hopefully his actions serve as an example for all those whose conscience isn't numbed out or handed in at the security gate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Citizenfour - Edward Snowden documentary   

Back to top Go down

Citizenfour - Edward Snowden documentary
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: