More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

"Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"

Go down 
+3
CJB
Makeshift Python
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

"Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  Empty
PostSubject: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:00 pm

A thought just popped in my mind regarding the Necros milk man scene… Is it really acceptable that, during the Cold War, at a secret service safe house, that hides a defector, that the staff wouldn't call to double check that the usual milkman is sick? It seems a little convenient, and the staff incompetent. The whole sequence wouldn't have happened (at least in the way that it does).
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:54 pm

It gets a pass just for the milk grenades alone.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Oddly boring interview with Necros here:
https://www.jamesbond.nl/interview-andreas-wisniewski-necros-the-living-daylights/

For some reason Necros is now using the name Andreas Wisniewski.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 12:39 am

What a lame opening post, Fields. laugh

I thought Necros was going by the name 'Daniel Craig'.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 4:45 am

Never been big on the character. Poor man's Red Grant. Guess that means I'm not a Necrosphiliac
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 8:18 am

I used to think Necros was the best of the Grant clones, but I'm more partial to Stamper nowadays. Had they used the Master of Disguises idea a little more, I think it would have been both distinctive (esp. from the Grant mould) and more interesting.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 10:34 am

I will say that the fisticuffs between Necros and Nameless Public Servant in the kitchen was one of the standouts in the series. Pretty brutal by pre-LTK standards.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 11:04 am

Indeed. Also interesting in that it doesn't feature Bond, either. 

His final fight with Bond before getting booted is great stuff, too.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 11:17 am

Just occurred to me that Bond hobbled into that restaurant in Karachi with only one boot on. Uncouth.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 11:39 am

An unfurnished apartment doesn't seem all that unlikely now.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Don't recall seeing Wiesniewski in anything after the following year's Die Hard.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 8:30 pm

They should have also searched the truck and a bottle of milk too.  All they did was give Necros a pat down and tell him he was clear.  Really?? Necros is actually my least favorite of the Grant clones, and Stamper just comes off as more tougher and menacing for me.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 10:19 pm

Isn't the scene intercut with other scenes? It could have just been a pacing thing, implying the van was searched. 

But Necros your least favourite of the Grant clones? I'd give that title to Hans. He is non-existent for most of the film. Otherwise Kriegler for the stiff performance. His character is interesting though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 10:23 pm

The milkman scene in TLD is a homage to Carry On Spying. Honest.

Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 10:29 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Isn't the scene intercut with other scenes? It could have just been a pacing thing, implying the van was searched. 

But Necros your least favourite of the Grant clones? I'd give that title to Hans. He is non-existent for most of the film. Otherwise Kriegler for the stiff performance. His character is interesting though.

It's true about Hans being non-existent, but I prefer a non-existent clone as oppose to a flat clone that is existent, if that makes sense.  If were are counting the non existent ones, that I guess I will go with Hans, but Hans had a more tougher and intimidating look compared to Necros though, so I give some points for that.

I like Kriegler better cause he just had a scarier look, like you don't want to mess with this guy.  Necros has kind of a school boy look, or maybe I'm just saying that cause he looks just like this kid I went to school with, so maybe my mind goes there.

But if I remember the scene correct, they pat down Necros and then they tell him which house to go to, through the gate, thereby indicating that the search is over, before they cut to the next scene.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 8:31 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
The milkman scene in TLD is a homage to Carry On Spying. Honest.

As a Millennial who's passionate about social justice, I must say that 1960's England triggers me.
Back to top Go down
Kath
'R'
'R'
Kath

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 2:46 pm

So it was totally normal during the Cold War to pass the Austrian frontier on a cello? tongue
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 10:42 pm

He pops up in M:I 1 which is another reason why I adore that film so much and has a cameo in Ghost Protocol (best part of that otherwise forgettable film).

I adore Necros and find that while he likely started as a Grant clone-over the course of the film his menace is built up enough to make him one of the best villains of the series and that the final air fight is second only to FRWL. My username doesn't give it away does it?

The approach into the safe house is just realistic enough that even a security man might not question another milk man. Remember this is a menial job, he is using the same milk float, has the correct uniform and even adopts the guise and posture of a younger British ruffian who doesn't care a damn about delivering milk. It's subtle but in each scene he appears Necros usually has a different accent and posture which fits as he is a foreign agent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"    "Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"  Empty

Back to top Go down

"Where's the usual man?!" / "Flu!"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: The Living Daylights (1987)-
Jump to: