More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).

Go down 
+3
Blunt Instrument
Makeshift Python
Gravity's Silhouette
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). Empty
PostSubject: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 8:21 am

#1 That at least 3 people with no space training were able to miraculously just get into a shuttle go from below the earth's surface to the outer edges of space....and live. What was Jaw' stake in all of this? Did he sign up for this kind of life? Was he ready to see a world that had been cruel to him get the vengeance they deserved?

#2 Wouldn't it have been easier to let Bond and Holly come back to the cable car terminal rather than tear up two cable cars? Where was Bond and Holly going to go? Why is the safest place on a stuck cable car out on the top of the car where stiff summer breezes can knock you off your balance?

#4 While out on a top secret, time-sensitive mission, there's always time for a romantic gondola ride with yourself.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 8:26 am

#5) Jaws' love interest doesn't have braces, and for the longest time I thought she had.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 12:02 pm

You also probably thought that space shuttles weren't transported fully-fuelled, in the interests of safety ... but boy, does the MR pre-credits ever prove you wrong! tongue
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 12:28 pm

I don't get this board's realism threads or comments.

Bond in the 1970s was fun for all the family. It's Roger Moore for Chrissake. It's not supposed to be taken seriously.

Whether you think that was bad or good is another matter, but it's completely pointless to debate whether 007 had sufficient astronaut training. Leave that to Jason and his Monkey.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 1:46 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

Bond in the 1970s was fun for all the family. It's Roger Moore for Chrissake. It's not supposed to be taken seriously.

Whether you think that was bad or good is another matter, but it's completely pointless to debate whether 007 had sufficient astronaut training. Leave that to Jason and his Monkey.

I generally don't care for these type threads either, but with MOONRAKER I make the exception. There's something about this film in particular that lends itself to this sort of debate primarily because it is so willing to remind you of what a fantasy it is.

Good fantasy comes from making you believe the impossible is possible by making it seem more real. You BEEEEELIEVE. But MOONRAKER always takes you out of the moment with its slapstick jokes, double-taking pigeons, Jaws' physical pratfalls, action sequences for the sake of having one (without any possible connection to the plot)...in fact, MOONRAKER is a movie whose plot is dictated by the location and the stunt, not the other way around.

MOONRAKER is both the best and worst of Bond at both times. Even Moore's other 70's films didn't open themselves up for this sort of mockery quite the way MOONRAKER does.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

This rather sums up my lack of love for the Moore era. There is certainly a place for levity and quirky humor in a Bond movie, but not when taken to the campy heights of many of the Roger Moore features.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 7:09 pm

Salomé wrote:
There is certainly a place for levity and quirky humor in a Bond movie, but not when taken to the campy heights of many of the Roger Moore features.

It may be that Eon saw no alternative. Britain was no longer a world power and Bond was establishment in an era when that was viewed with great suspicion. No surprise that Bond fell into self-parody. Austin Powers got there last.

BTW, will a mod change New to Knew in the thread title? It offends my sense of decency even more than Dog Bond's fully covered pudendum.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 8:03 pm

I never knew a parrot could do a double take like that.

Ambler does the same thing when he sees an upskirt.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 8:18 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Ambler does the same thing when he sees an upskirt.

I have a bigger problem with cleavage. Recently I received an email from my MD requesting that in future I talk to her face rather than her breasts. She is not on the titty committee.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 2:22 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
#5) Jaws' love interest doesn't have braces, and for the longest time I thought she had.

Me too! I just searched her on Google Images and it appears she doesn't.

I swear the joke in their meeting scene was that they both had metal in their mouths.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 8:52 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
This is funny, I too remember her having braces...
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 4:35 am

I remember Dolly having perky nipples.

Oh, wait...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).   Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker). Empty

Back to top Go down

Things You Never Knew Were True (until you saw Moonraker).
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Moonraker (1979)-
Jump to: