More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan Empty
PostSubject: 12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan   12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 2:01 am

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/music-duran-duran-a-view-to-a-kill-12-mix?t=&s=&id=03788

Quote :
Despite being all the rage at the time, Duran Duran never released a 12" remix of their #1 chart topping single 'A View To A Kill' from the 1985 James Bond film. Until now.

Song writer, musician and composer Steve Thompson, who was working with the top artists of the time, created a 12" mix of 'A View To A Kill' in Paris with the band. But it would be unheard by the public for 29 years.

The band's bass player, John Taylor, had fallen out of favour with the 12" mix at the time. He explained earlier this year, "I wanted to keep a certain purity to the 3 minutes plus of 'A View To A Kill'. Some of the recent remixes had been rubbing me the wrong way. I was adamant about it- that there should be no 'extended versions' or remixes. It was short sighted of me, I have since regretted it."

The 7:30 mix has now been unearthed from the vaults for Bond fans to enjoy. Thompson's official credit on the track is 'Additional Production and Mixing'.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: 12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan   12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 2:54 am

Oh very, very good indeed! Thanks for posting that, I can't recall hearing that on a DD bootleg. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan   12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 5:05 pm

I'm hoping a high quality version is sold soon. This one's only 128 kbps.

Great remix.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan   12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:57 pm

The Soundcloud page is:

https://soundcloud.com/mi6-hq/duran-duran-a-view-to-a-kill-12-extended-remix

I think this must be an unfinished mix as some of the pads around 1:40 are badly out of tune. sad Lots of synchronised DDL effects though so an interesting dance-ish mix.

Surprised John Taylor disliked it so as his bass is very prominent. Andy Taylor is almost absent by comparison...
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: 12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan   12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 2:32 am

Youtubed...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan   12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan Empty

Back to top Go down

12" Extended Remix by Duran Druan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: A View To A Kill (1985)-
Jump to: