More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes Empty
PostSubject: Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes   Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Shirley Bassey has rerecorded Goldfinger. The diva reckons she sang a couple of bum notes in the original:

Quote :
In an interview on Evans’ Big Welsh Weekend on Friday afternoon, the Goldfinger singer reveals she’s spent the past 50 years thinking there were two wrong notes in her original version of the James Bond theme song.

She said: “Everyone’s going to be listening for those two wrong notes in the original now!

“To me they always sounded wrong; I could never get it right in my head although my musical directors through the years have said there’s nothing wrong with them.

“But we’ve lowered the song and I can’t hear those wrong notes anymore. I’m so glad we’ve got to record it again.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/singer-dsbtigerbay-fluffing-goldfinger-not-8145667

Can anyone here be arsed to find the new and old versions and post them here so we can compare them? Dame Shirl's reputation depends on it.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes   Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes   Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 2:05 pm

She sang it live on a recent 'Strictly Come Dancing' it was not something I would wish to hear again.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes   Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:01 am

I can’t think of a bad note at all. Perhaps she was thinking of the single re-recording?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes   Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes Empty

Back to top Go down

Goldfinger: Bassey's Bum Notes
Page 1 of 1