These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Drax
Experienced Correspondent

Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:53 pm

And the last survivors of Atlantis, weary after the destruction wrought on their homeland in that single dreadful day and night, arrive safely on new shores, their history erased and the future uncertain...

George Lazenby here, saying hi. I'm a little torn as many of my favorite members have jumped ship to this place, but on the other hand I'm a little intrigued by the possibilities of the new mi6. We'll have to see how it unfolds. Congrats to Lazenby. on a fine looking site. Hopefully you'll find a way to keep the membership steadily increasing, as that's the only way this place will survive.

The place looks good, though I am a little put off by all the mud-slinging and negativity that seems to be dominating the air at the moment. I suppose I understand where it's coming from, but I hope it doesn't come to characterize the general tenor of the site.

See you all, here and there.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Drax wrote:
The place looks good, though I am a little put off by all the mud-slinging and negativity that seems to be dominating the air at the moment. I suppose I understand where it's coming from, but I hope it doesn't come to characterize the general tenor of the site.

I want this to be a positive place. Of course, we had our beloved forum come crashing down within the last 24 hours and most of us are standing around scratching our heads and wondering what just happened.

I think what's going on is closer to criticism than it is to mudslinging. Things were badly handled. The old site is seemingly lost, with no warning and just lots of smiles from the powers that be. The new forum outright sucks. And I get the impression that the powers that be aren't taking us as seriously as they should. It's early yet, and I want to see where all of this leads.

Thing is, I just don't know if I want to be on MI6 anymore after what has happened. And I certainly don't want to post on that crap forum they've set up. It's awful. Maybe it'll improve, we'll see. Right now, this place is a lot more comfortable.

What do I want this forum to be? And I say this because I feel like the loudest voice around. I want this to more or less feel like MI6 did, but with the tie loosened. If we can't preserve the posts, let's preserve the people.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:33 pm

KTBEU with the tie loosened was a great place. Unfortunately, that place died somewhere post CNB era. If it wasn't for the Film board, I probably would have left long ago.

I think nuMI6 has some potential. There are some nice features. Still doesn't make up for the sudden collapse of the old board and the forced use of the new board without even a beta test or trial. NuMI6 is going through it's infancy stages in fits and starts. It's alienated a lot of people and will alienate a lot more. This is something that should have been done a month ago in conjunction with KTBEU being slowly shut down. If that had happened instead of mashing the reset button, I'm sure some of us would still be there.

No matter. Can't change the past. It looks like we have the makings of a good community here. Hopefully, we can cherry pick the best of the rest and build this into a thriving example that classic message boards are not dead.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm still concerned about how we'll get new members. If some of us keep enough of a presense on MI6 (as well as post on CBn), we could maybe lead the way for enough cool people looking for a looser alternative.

I don't want this to be simply a "club". I want to find a way to attract new blood at a steady rate.

One has to wonder how many actual, commited regulars MI6 has ever had at one time. You have lots of people posting 30 posts and they're never seen again.
Back to top Go down
Chang
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Hello Chang here.
I wasn't an actual member of Mi6, but post on DanielCraigNotBond as Mulli. Reading some of the posts from disgruntled members there (in particular Stocklivesvan) I decided to check out the new Mi6, and with some browsing found this site.
No need to limit myself to one Bond site surely.
So hello, and hope to get to know you.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Chang wrote:
Hello Chang here.
I wasn't an actual member of Mi6, but post on DanielCraigNotBond as Mulli. Reading some of the posts from disgruntled members there (in particular Stocklivesvan) I decided to check out the new Mi6, and with some browsing found this site.
No need to limit myself to one Bond site surely.
So hello, and hope to get to know you.

Concerning a replacement for Jaws. Oh well, if you can get him, of course.

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
James. C
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Welcome Chang! :D

Tux, I like the idea of this place and hope many more sensible posters will come and join. Let's not let this die down once our anger has, keep it alive through film and Bond discussion
Back to top Go down
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:50 pm

It appears they've somehow brought back some older oldie members to put us middle of the road oldies in line. Strange strategy.

Back to top Go down
Tubes
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:50 pm

The main issue is it's usually frowned upon to advertise forums on forums. It looks like you're trying to steal members from a more successful site.

The best way to advertise a message board is through connections to a main site. Good luck with that part.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:53 pm

I think due to our long association with MI6 that we could possibly use word of mouth to our advantage. I think bringing in more members through that method could have some success, but it will be limited.

However, the problem is: Do you continue to grow and lose the great, intelligent conversation or do you continue to build until you get too much spam.

Finding the right balance won't be easy.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Welcome aboard, Chang. 8)

Moore wrote:
I think due to our long association with MI6 that we could possibly use word of mouth to our advantage. However, the problem is: Due you continue to grow and lose the great, intelligent conversation or do you continue to build until you get too much spam.

Finding the right balance won't be easy.

Yep, but while that may come to be a problem here, lest us not forget that it was also quite a problem at MI6 and will possibly continue that way over there. The way I see it is that we're simply offering a different experience here for those who prefer the forum format, so in that sense it's kind of us lumped in with CBn while MI6 is now perhaps more in competition with Facebook-style format fare. So it's still just one forum format vs the other as it was with MI6 vs CBn, but with a Facebook-esque alternative for those of that persuasion.

Plus, it will be tough for every Bond site until there's decent new Bond news. But, to our advantage, we have the opportunity to make this site much more than just Bond-driven, and completely free of Mod Hitlering.

Back to top Go down
Moore
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Certainly, I was just addressing Tux's post. Too be honest, if the forum stayed the way it was at the moment I don't think I'd mind at all. Intelligent, caring, kind group who can provide really good discussion.

But, if this continues, I think we are really lucky MI6 fell. Because I think, as you said, it really gives you more than just Bond.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Hey the name is Willard Whyte, your local golf pro!
Back to top Go down
Moore
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Glad to see you joining up Willard! Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:57 pm

It's definitely easier on the eyes here than the other new board.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Yes, another great member. Welcome, WW. 8)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Glad to make the move over!
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Welcome Willard Whyte! Great to have almost everybody here :)
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Glad you joined WW. Always a pleasure to have a fellow MGS fan around. :)
Back to top Go down
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:58 pm

Welcome WW. Glad to see you checked it out 8)
Back to top Go down
G section

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:10 am

Great to see you over here, WW! And welcome Chang! :)
Back to top Go down
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:46 am

Welcome Chang and WW and whoever else I may have missed :-)

Anyone mind if I invite kyvan?
Back to top Go down
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 am

lalala2004 wrote:

Anyone mind if I invite kyvan?

I like kyvan well enough... but he may not like the tone of this forum. I suspect some of the nanny state changes that were made over there were made because of some of his comments. I don't deny him his rights to feel a certain way and welcome an open discussion about things... but he should be prepared for some non-PC discussions and comments.

And with that, he'd have to swear to secrecy. Swear it!

:pirat:
Back to top Go down
CIS
Trainee Correspondent
Trainee Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:19 am

[quote="retrokitty"]
lalala2004 wrote:

And with that, he'd have to swear to secrecy. Swear it!

:pirat:
Not much point in that anymore, the admins over at nuMI6 are already well aware of this site and the fact that many of us have migrated here.
Back to top Go down
James. C
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:21 am

Is that because they can now read our PM's?

Welcome WW, glad you made it 8)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   

Back to top Go down

Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: