More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments

Go down 
+2
Control
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments Empty
PostSubject: Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments   Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 4:08 am

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/movies/feature/a615456/judi-dench-at-80-revisit-7-of-her-best-moments-as-james-bonds-m.html#~oY0EEqUEB12noY

Not sure I agree with some of their faves… I think her moments in GE, TND and SF are her strongest, but I do like the 'Christ I miss the Cold War' scene in CR. For me, I'd rank them something like this:

1. GE briefing in her office
2. "Perhaps, but the advantage is I don't have to think with them all the time." - Whole scene
3. "Pump her for information" - whole scene
4. Tennyson
5. "Unlike the American government we don't get our bad news from CNN" - Whole scene
6. M's death
7. "Christ I miss the Cold War!" - scene
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments   Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 4:17 am

All of Dench's scenes in SKYFALL were top notch.

I really liked the moments in Skyfall manor, before the attack. The line "I really fucked this up, didn't I?" worked great.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments   Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 4:21 am

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments   Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 4:22 am

FieldsMan wrote:
http://www.digitalspy.com.au/movies/feature/a615456/judi-dench-at-80-revisit-7-of-her-best-moments-as-james-bonds-m.html#~oY0EEqUEB12noY

Not sure I agree with some of their faves… I think her moments in GE, TND and SF are her strongest, but I do like the 'Christ I miss the Cold War' scene in CR. For me, I'd rank them something like this:

1. GE briefing in her office
2. "Perhaps, but the advantage is I don't have to think with them all the time." - Whole scene
3. "Pump her for information"  - whole scene
4. Tennyson
5. "Unlike the American government we don't get our bad news from CNN" - Whole scene
6. M's death
7. "Christ I miss the Cold War!" - scene

These were probably contrived by some pimply faced 14 year old wannabe who reaches for Brozzayawn flicks before Skyfall.

What about the scene after she says "take the bloody shot" and her deathly silent expression after she thinks Bond has been killed?

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments   Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:14 am

'Course they made sexistmysoginistdinosaur number one. sarcasm

Tennyson all the way.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments   Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:55 am

I personally don't think the character worked at all in the Craig era, for CR and QoS she spent all the time either delivering turgid emo exposition or being relegated to making herself look inept as she gushes over the most rudimentary of Bond's espionage skills. Skyfall's reading of Tennyson is worthy of note however as it so wonderfully integrated into the action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments   Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments Empty

Back to top Go down

Digital Spy Ranks Judi Dench's Best Moments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Bond: General News & General Discussion-
Jump to: