More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How are you watching movies now?

Go down 
+7
Makeshift Python
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
Strangways&Quarrel
bitchcraft
Control
11 posters

DVDs Only
How are you watching movies now? Vote_lcap0%How are you watching movies now? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blu-Rays Only
How are you watching movies now? Vote_lcap20%How are you watching movies now? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
DVDs & Blu-Rays
How are you watching movies now? Vote_lcap40%How are you watching movies now? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Streaming (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.)
How are you watching movies now? Vote_lcap40%How are you watching movies now? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Downloading or streaming on the Net
How are you watching movies now? Vote_lcap0%How are you watching movies now? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other Formats (VHS, Laserdisc, film, etc.)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

How are you watching movies now? Empty
PostSubject: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 7:38 pm

How are you primarily watching movies?

5 years ago, I would have told you that I'd never give in to buying a Blu-Ray player or having a Netflix account.

I now own a Blu-Ray player that allows me to stream movies from my Netflix account.

I do know that I'll never replace all of my DVD titles with Blu-Rays. Instead, I like wasting my money on other outdated media formats, like CDs. I'll only buy my absolute favorite films or special editions on Blu-Ray. I currently own  six or seven titles on BD.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Mainly Netflix and Amazon streaming for me. And mainly television programming over movies, which is a problem as neither Netflix or Amazon get HBO in my parts. I still resort to Bluray and DVD for HBO stuff and classic movies, though Bluray is problematic when I'm travelling as Apple never implemented it for OSX.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 7:52 pm

A bit of everything although my preference is for HD. Sometimes, HD rips are available several weeks before street date, so those work too.

I buy lots of Blu-Rays especially when good deals come along. Like a boxed set of 5 Jason Statham films on Blu-Ray for $13, or all 23 Bond movies for $99.

We used to sell dvds, but gradually stopped when piracy began to get more rampant. We still do, but only on pre-order.
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Primarily DVDs and Blu-rays. I watch mainly a lot of older movies nowadays and there some movies I can watch over and over again so having a physical copy is essential for me.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 8:53 pm

Streaming.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 11:42 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 11:51 pm

Mostly DVD and Blu-Ray, but have been streaming some tv shows and the occasional film.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 3:43 am

I watch Netflix on both DVD/Blu-ray by mail and streaming. Never gave up the mail by disc because they have more films available through that than streaming.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 4:01 am

My movie watching has decline significantly over the past decade. 10 years ago I was a huge film buff. I would get anything I could get my hands on. In the last year I've barely purchased anything. In fact I can only recall a few purchases.

The Criterion Zatoichi Boxset.
And the 4th and final volume of the Bowery Boys

That's really it. All across the board I've been trying to cut back and buy only essentials whereas in the past I was willing to try every new thing I came across.

I had to move earlier this year for a job and packing was a nightmare. About 95% of it was that stuff and the other 5% essentials. I could have eliminated about 30 boxes and save myself a headache.

I've done a major clearing out of my records, films, and books. I've kept only the essentials and my personal favorites. I've being more selective with what I purchase when it comes to CD's, books, and films.

Essentials and stuff I know I will use over and over again I will buy.
Anything else I do digitally: streaming, kindle, etc. and test it out. It saves me a lot of space and hassle.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 4:07 am

I used to impulsively buy DVDs a decade ago, but I've become much more selective over the years, especially once I started getting blu-ray films. Evey year I look at my shelf to see which films really mean something to me and which films I feel I don't care about owning anymore. Not too long ago I sold of a bunch of DVDs just so that I could use the money to buy an OOP blu-ray of THE THIRD MAN, one of my favorite films ever. I was very happy to place that on my shelf among other big favorites.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:27 am

I watch DVDs and Blu-rays (mostly Blu-rays, if I can find it) but I also stream on some websites like Netflix and Hulu Plus using friends' accounts.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:59 am

Obtaining from legitimate* web-based sources.

* My definition of 'legitimate' may be sketchy.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Predominantly blu-rays but it is surprising how some significant films have yet to be released on the format... where's my 'Big Sleep' (1946) that has been going to be released for an age now. A really well produced DVD is often more than enough though sometimes you have to sift the releases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are you watching movies now?   How are you watching movies now? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: