More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER

Go down 
+2
Largo's Shark
Control
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER Empty
PostSubject: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 5:23 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/681802762/moonraker-new-recording

This could be the only chance (at least to come around in a long while) to hear Barry's full MOONRAKER score.

Well worth the $30, in my opinion. And you'll get your name in the CD booklet.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Before handing over my wallet I'd want to know if Nic Raine had found the original manuscripts. If not, then I'll pass.

Just to remind everyone.

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:09 pm

This MOONRAKER re-recording sounds good, though:

Are you on FSM's forum? You should ask them.

Last edited by Control on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:09 pm

Yeah the MOONRAKER's alright. You can tell he's more in his element with a symphonic rather than jazz score.

Quote :
Are you on FSM's forum? You should ask them. James Fitzpatrick posts there and could probably give you a response.

I am and will do, though I haven't visited in ages. Like you said, they're a bunch of miserable old shits. Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER XvhYsfz
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 2:18 am

I think Tadlow and Raine got the original manuscripts for OBSESSION, which might be good news.

The samples I've heard are nice. That'll be out in March.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 5:12 am

I love the idea, but I'm not sure after checking out a few clips. This one really puts doubt on my mind:

It takes away so much of the punch that Barry's version had. It no longer feels big. It's too distilled. I also not a fan of that fluctuating tempo he seems to play with. Just

Given the loss of Barry's recordings, I think it's vital that someone should recreate what Barry did as a way of not only honoring him but allowing listeners to appreciate Barry's music on its own. Get as close to what he did as possible. I don't mind composers putting on their own interpretation, but this for me is a special case because of the loss of those recordings.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 8:16 am

Well, they made their goal of 25,000+ GBP.

However, the project has been cancelled due to rights issues.

Quote :
Dear Everyone
It is with great regret that I have to cancel this Kickstarter project before any funds are taken. Certain rights issues have been raised which might mean protracted negotiations with the companies involved which may well go beyond the end of the project. I would sincerely like to thank everyone for their involvement in the project and if negotiations are successful then I have the knowledge that there is a great demand for this title. Thank you for all your hard word.
James Fitzpatrick

Unfortunate. Who the fuck knows when we'll hear the full, non-bootleg version of this score.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 10:04 pm

Damn shame. Reckon Moonraker will be in the great beyond before any of us can ever hear it as it should be heard
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Full Monty Norman

Full Monty Norman

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 6:19 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Yeah the MOONRAKER's alright. You can tell he's more in his element with a symphonic rather than jazz score.

Quote :
Are you on FSM's forum? You should ask them. James Fitzpatrick posts there and could probably give you a response.

I am and will do, though I haven't visited in ages. Like you said, they're a bunch of miserable old shits. Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER XvhYsfz

Oh I totally agree with this statement. I am "Batmusicfan" on FSM/SAE and those people are so hard to deal with. Snooty I believe is a word that comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Found these youtube videos. Sounds like synthesizers were used and mixed with with the score from the film.

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 12:02 am

I love Barry's "Gondola Chase" track.

Shame that the Tadlow re-recording didn't come through.
Back to top Go down
GreatKenji

GreatKenji

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:07 am

Yeah, it's a real shame... ._. Why, I dream with the day The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker get an expanded release... and I really hope someone finds the master tapes of the latter first...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/GreatKenji
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER   Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER Empty

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter: Tadlow's Complete Recording of John Barry's MOONRAKER
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Music of 007-
Jump to: