More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

ALIEN 5 ??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

ALIEN 5 ?? Empty
PostSubject: ALIEN 5 ??   ALIEN 5 ?? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 4:08 am

http://deadline.com/2015/02/alien-neil-blomkamp-directing-fox-movie-1201376439/

This is going to be really interesting to follow because the entire basis for this movie appears to be based on ideas Blomkamp had *about* using Ripley and Hicks in a new movie and came from working with Sigourney Weaver on his latest film. How exactly is he going to pull this off? Will 20th Century Fox let him? Is Ripley going to wake up from her sleep, hear the shower running, open the shower door, and see Michael Biehn in there (and thus Alien 3 and 4 were all a bad dream?)? Didn't work for DALLAS, and I don't think it'll work for ALIEN no matter how bad you think the 3rd and 4th films were. Also, is 20th Century Fox green lighting this film instead of a Prometheus sequel? Wouldn't surprise me, as Prometheus seemed ultimately like a waste of time; I liked the movie, but it was coy and tried to be too deep, when the Alien films were never all that deep to start with, but more interested in scaring people.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

ALIEN 5 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALIEN 5 ??   ALIEN 5 ?? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 4:56 pm

From what I understand, it's not gonna be a retcon of the third and fourth film. Those art concepts were just something he did on the side, so it could go a whole different direction.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

ALIEN 5 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALIEN 5 ??   ALIEN 5 ?? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:42 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
From what I understand, it's not gonna be a retcon of the third and fourth film. Those art concepts were just something he did on the side, so it could go a whole different direction.

I think they could bring back Hicks just like they brought back Ripley for the 4th film. It would be a lot simpler than crafting a tortured, illogical explanation for why the 3rd and 4th film didn't exist.

Still, I hate to sound ageist, but Weaver is 65 right now, and she'd be around 66 or 67 when the film could come out at its earliest. If it came out in 2017 it would have been 20 years between the 4th and 5th films. A lot of CGI de-aging f/x would have to be used for her because I'm not sure audiences want to see a heroine who qualifies for social security running around dodging aliens.

I simply think the window for Hicks and Ripley has passed. Newt is out of the question.

Similarly aged male actors in Hollywood are having trouble bringing in the audiences; it's a double standard for women to be sure, but it exists and I don't see how you get around her age.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

ALIEN 5 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALIEN 5 ??   ALIEN 5 ?? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:02 am

I don't think there would be any issue with Weaver returning as Ripley, given that the role is iconic and that is usually the sure way of drawing in audiences who might otherwise not care if Weaver were playing a whole new character in an original film.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

ALIEN 5 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALIEN 5 ??   ALIEN 5 ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

ALIEN 5 ??
Page 1 of 1