These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Location : I don't know what things will be like in 2 years. I don't have 2020 vision.

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:04 am

Just got a nice HD print of this...great to pass the time to while waiting for Bond.

Rebecca Ferguson should've been in a Bond film too.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:31 am

Let's change this to the Mission Impossible thread. 

A Mission Impossible Fallout BTS video was released highlighting Tom Cruise performing the HALO jump. While inspired by Bond it's sure to outperform the impressiveness of the TND stunt as Cruise himself has performed it. 

All the while, Daniel Craig is scared of skiing.

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:16 am

Well, a lack of commitment to his craft has never been Tom Cruise's problem.
He has also been doing most of his own car stunts for ages.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Location : I don't know what things will be like in 2 years. I don't have 2020 vision.

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:58 am

Tom impresses me in that respect.

Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:36 am

Salomé wrote:
Star cunts, surely?
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:01 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
Star cunts, surely?

Well since the popular theory seems to be that all of Tom Cruise's female conquests have been of the beard variety, those might be of a very limited appeal to him.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:04 am

Salomé wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
Star cunts, surely?

Well since the popular theory seems to be that all of Tom Cruise's female conquests have been of the beard variety, those might be of a very limited appeal to him.

Never let the facts get in the way of a brilliant spoonerism. I am very impressed with myself.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:07 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Tom impresses me in that respect.

How can Bond compete in the stunt department when Eon have to rewrite a ski sequence, and Craig signs his name to terrible plane/car chase.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:56 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
How can Bond compete in the stunt department

Bond used to set the bar for stunts, now he's playing catch up because other franchises make him look like a barefoot little boy.

The only stunt Bond 25 has to date is paying a wrist-slashing money whore a bucket of cash. Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:13 pm

The thing is, he can nearly kill himself doing these spectacular stunts-but if the story is secondary it doesn't matter at all.
Still to date the most iconic moment in the series is still the Langley break-in of M:I 1-because it was directed perfectly, and had an interwoven story that mattered and had built up each setpiece. Then again, I'll be seeing the new film like I have the other sequels-but none have ever matched up to the original film which is truly great.

That said the new trailer made me literally go..."uh guys Bond did it 20 years ago. You're a bit late."
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:29 pm

hegottheboot wrote:
The thing is, he can nearly kill himself doing these spectacular stunts-but if the story is secondary it doesn't matter at all.
Still to date the most iconic moment in the series is still the Langley break-in of M:I 1-because it was directed perfectly, and had an interwoven story that mattered and had built up each setpiece. Then again, I'll be seeing the new film like I have the other sequels-but none have ever matched up to the original film which is truly great.

That said the new trailer made me literally go..."uh guys Bond did it 20 years ago. You're a bit late."

I agree that the first is the best. Rogue Nation came close (that exceptional underwater infiltration sequence springs to mind) but loses itself somewhat at that increasingly ridiculous OTT car chase which proves to be pointless within the story.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:52 am

hegottheboot wrote:

Even the second had something unique about it with the biological weapon concept, even if it was more schlocky. Ever since the 3rd film these have been extremely cookie-cutter, and the first is certainly far and way the best.

Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:27 pm

Absolutely! I felt as if I were watching a TV show episode..oh wait...JJ Abrams...of course I was!

At least we get 4K reissues of the series since 1-3 had very, VERY subpar releases. Of course I don't have 4K yet and it's killing me I can't see 1 in 4K now. I only have the Laserdisc, DVD, DVD SE, Scandinavian Blu-ray, novelization, CD soundtracks and maybe one day the poster of M:I 1... ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Fallout is getting rave reviews, and unashamedly, I'm more excited to see this than Bond 25. It's getting the same hype as Mad Max Fury Road. That said, SP was getting rave reviews only to fall short... Hopefully Fallout kicks Eon into gear. 

Hilly could we change the title of this thread to cover all films?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Looking forward to this, have heard that the bathroom fight with Cavill is worth the price of admission itself.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:02 am

After GP I realized M:I had fully surpassed Bond in the public's eye. And it's true. Better product, marketing, brand image and greater public awareness of the big stunts.

I haven't seen Fallout yet and really want to. RN was a large improvement over GP but I still wish these films were better. To me the sequels are all rather mindless but enjoyable action films that fill the empty void in the modern landscape.

But not one of them is memorable or worthwhile like the first which is an absolute masterpiece. Until they make a film that matters and is an actual spy thriller like the first-Cruise can do the biggest stunt in the world and it won't matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015   

Back to top Go down

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation ::: 31 July 2015
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: