More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Favourite Villain Death

Go down 
+4
CJB
Gravity's Silhouette
Makeshift Python
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
8 posters

Favourite Villain Death?
Dr. No
Favourite Villain Death Vote_lcap10%Favourite Villain Death Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Rosa Klebb
Favourite Villain Death Vote_lcap0%Favourite Villain Death Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Goldfinger
 0% [ 0 ]
Emilio Largo
 0% [ 0 ]
Dr. Kananga
Favourite Villain Death Vote_lcap20%Favourite Villain Death Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Scaramanga
 0% [ 0 ]
Stromberg
 0% [ 0 ]
Hugo Drax
 10% [ 1 ]
Kristatos
 0% [ 0 ]
Kamal Khan
 10% [ 1 ]
Max Zorin
 10% [ 1 ]
Georgi Koskov
 0% [ 0 ]
Brad Whitaker
 0% [ 0 ]
Franz Sanchez
Favourite Villain Death Vote_lcap30%Favourite Villain Death Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Alec Trevelyan
 10% [ 1 ]
Elliot Carver
 0% [ 0 ]
Elektra King
 0% [ 0 ]
Renard
 0% [ 0 ]
Gustav Graves
 0% [ 0 ]
Le Chiffre
 0% [ 0 ]
Dominic Greene
 0% [ 0 ]
Silva
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Favourite Villain Death Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 2:39 pm

It's all in the name and discuss.

Was thinking about this the other day after watching MR. It's expected that Bond villains have a unique death… Should this be the case? I've always liked how it's Dr No's idiosyncrasy that fails him in his time of need, but feel Rosa Klebb's simple death is much more compelling. But then, I like the grand death of Alec, and the brutality of Carver's as well…

I'm deciding between Klebb's and Alec's for the above reasons, but also Zorin's, probably just for the laugh Walken gives as he slips away…
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Dr. Kananga, of course. He really blew it.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 1:24 am

Would have been a better quip than what we got...
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 5:53 am

FieldsMan wrote:
It's all in the name and discuss.

Was thinking about this the other day after watching MR. It's expected that Bond villains have a unique death… Should this be the case? I've always liked how it's Dr No's idiosyncrasy that fails him in his time of need, but feel Rosa Klebb's simple death is much more compelling. But then, I like the grand death of Alec, and the brutality of Carver's as well…

I'm deciding between Klebb's and Alec's for the above reasons, but also Zorin's, probably just for the laugh Walken gives as he slips away…

Agree with you about Zorin. And I think Zorin is one of the better villains of the series, but lot of people seem to think Walken was sleepwalking through the role.

Not sure why Koskov is on the list since he didn't die.

If you want to open up this thread a bit, I'd widen it to include all deaths in the series.

I think Baron Samedi died in a pretty gruesome manner. Or did he?

I think for dramatic reasons May Day's death is fairly strong as well; the way she stares Zorin down as she prepares to ruin his plan...powerful stuff.

Personally, I think Killifer's death was the best in the series. Dalton played his lines perfectly: "You earned it, you keep it..........old buddy" with just the right emphasis on "old buddy".

Being fed to piranhas (Helga Brandt) or being thrown in a pressurization tank (Krest) was a fairly grisly way to go.

Stacy Sutton always dies a horrible, gruesome death in my fantasies. Does that count?

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 6:10 am

I thought I'd limit to the main villains, and I included Koskov because the fact he didn't die might be something… Or maybe he did actually go back to Russia in a bag…

I have never heard anyone say Walken was sleep walking through the role… He's in my top 5 villains for sure.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 6:16 am

I think people jump to the conclusion that Walken was sleepWalken because of the simple truth that his character is never given a long and memorable monologue like in other films. His story about the watch in PULP FICTION, when he describes Denzel Washington's "art of death" in MAN ON FIRE, describing the pantomime in TRUE ROMANCE, and whatever else that is escaping my mind. He's great in A VIEW TO A KILL, but he's never given that one moment where we see him relish the kind of rich dialogue he got in other films. A few bright spots "I'm happiest... IN DA SADDLE", but nothing that even ranks up there with the best Bond villain monologues. That proposal of his about Main Strike could have been a great time to give him something to chew on, but I think the most he got out of that scene was when the model rises up and he raises his arms up like he's a musical conductor. The film doesn't give him the best, but he at least gives it his all and that makes me wish the film overall was better than it turned out.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 9:34 am

By "diplomatic bag" I do believe Gimli meant body bag.

So yes, Koskov met an unfortunate accident.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Sanchez's had particular punch. The cigarette lighter, his realisation and then the biggest bang that side of the border for years.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 12:40 am

Yeah Sanchez's death was pretty cool. Great payoff to a great villain.

I also really like Carver's death in TND. Say what you will, but having Bond force Carver in front of the drill and keep in there so that he can't escape - and if he did, the drill would get him anyway - is actually pretty brutal.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Looking at the list it just had to be Dr No, hoist on his own petard so to speak. Latterly deaths (not just in Bond) seem more a case of audience gratification so you end up with something awkwardly overblown or overtly unprofessional (I'm looking at you QoS).
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 5:25 pm

I would have to go with Sanchez. Previous Bond films of course had great death scenes but that one had a bit more of a punch to me given how personal (to Bond) the film was.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:32 pm

FieldsMan wrote:

I also really like Carver's death in TND. Say what you will, but having Bond force Carver in front of the drill and keep in there so that he can't escape - and if he did, the drill would get him anyway - is actually pretty brutal.

Good call. As close, perhaps, Brosnan could get to Moore's kicking the car over the ledge. At least his last line to Carver wasn't: "This is for Paris!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 12:18 am

Hilly KCMG wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

Good call. As close, perhaps, Brosnan could get to Moore's kicking the car over the ledge. At least his last line to Carver wasn't: "This is for Paris!"

Cheers, thought I was gunna get crucified for that… But I suppose it is like Locque's death; never really thought of it like that.

Heh if it was in the Craig era, we probably would have got the 'this is for Paris'.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 1:09 am

Brosnan should've said "We'll always have Paris" and bitten Carver's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 1:24 am

Kananga it is - now tied with Sanchez.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Villain Death   Favourite Villain Death Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Villain Death
Page 1 of 1