These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sir Roger: Bond Hated Killing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Sir Roger: Bond Hated Killing   Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:17 am

from the Telegraph

Quote :
Sex, glamour and death are the hallmarks of the James Bond films. Over the years, the MI6 agent has dispatched an average of 16 foes per movie.

But in a recent interview, Roger Moore has offered a surprising explanation for 007's perennial popularity: that he hates killing.

Speaking to the journalist Mark Edlitz, author of a book called How to Be a Superhero, Moore gave an insight into how he played the character. “When I first took on the part, I read Fleming’s books," he said. "There was little offered in them about the character.

"However, I remember reading one line that said Bond had just completed a mission – meaning a kill. He didn’t particularly enjoy killing but took pride in doing his job well. That was the key to the role as far as I was concerned.”

According to data compiled by the action movie website All Outta Bubble Gum, the Bond films have become increasingly violent over time, with Pierce Brosnan’s 007 the high-water mark, racking up an average of 33.8 kills per film. By way of comparison, Sean Connery killed 10.3 people per film, and Moore dispatched an average of 12.9 people per movie.

Moore said that his understanding of the character was that he was a professional but not brutal killer.

“Well, if you read the internet blogs, they agree I was funny, but they’re not so sure I was suave and certainly they don’t regard me as having been cold-blooded. There was one scene in For Your Eyes Only where I had to be rather cold-blooded in killing a villain. They say that scene changed the series tone for my films, but I wasn’t comfortable with it, if truth be known."

In For Your Eyes Only, Moore's Bond sends the Belgian killer Locque to his death by pushing his car off a cliff edge. As Locque tumbles to his doom, Moore gives a sober delivery of one of his trademark one-liners: "Had no head for heights."

The next James Bond film, Spectre, starring Daniel Craig, Christoph Waltz and Léa Seydoux is currently filming in locations around the world. It will be released on November 6 2015.

the article has links to two YouTube videos and a decent pic of 007 and Colombo.

Always am tickled by these stats "12.9 people"...I guess the point 9 was true of Blofeld in the FYEO PTS.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/james-bond-spectre/roger-moore-killing/
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger: Bond Hated Killing   Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:17 am

Guess Brosnan's most violent moments were his 'trigger-happiness' before the GE tank chase and on the stealth ship during TND's climax.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger: Bond Hated Killing   Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:17 am

Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger: Bond Hated Killing   Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:26 am

Impressive, in one film Lazenby did better than Dalton in two.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger: Bond Hated Killing   Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:34 am

And the fact that LTK is regarded as one of the most violent.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger: Bond Hated Killing   Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:00 am

Indeed, looking at it, Sanchez probably had a higher kill count than ol' 007.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger: Bond Hated Killing   Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:31 pm

I think LTK gets that rep mainly because the deaths are much more gruesome.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger: Bond Hated Killing   Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Indeed ... death by decompression chamber, cocaine grinder, the forks of a forklift truck and being deliberately set on fire.

And while it isn't a death, an honourable mention for Leiter being fed to a shark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger: Bond Hated Killing   

Back to top Go down

Sir Roger: Bond Hated Killing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Bond: General News & General Discussion-
Jump to: