These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Sir John Hurt has bemoaned the homogenised state of modern society, in which excessive warnings about the danger of alcohol abound and making a pass at a woman is fraught with risks.

“We’ve become obsessed with the dangers of alcohol – you get newspaper articles that are entirely over the top. There’s political correctness as well. I wonder who instigated that? Where does it come from, and who says what is or is not politically correct? And as for the way you have to treat women these days …”

Hurt, who has been married four times, said he would not not know how to get a date in the modern world for fear of harassment.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/aug/11/modern-life-homogenised-not-much-fun-says-john-hurt
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:22 pm

To be fair, alcohol is a poison. Why I keep having gin and tonics, just shut up an get me one.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Location : I don't know what things will be like in 2 years. I don't have 2020 vision.

PostSubject: Re: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:18 am

Were his 4 marriages fucked up because of PC too?

Just a blathering old twit if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:13 am

I too wonder a bit what exactly he meant by that last line, to be fair.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:26 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/aug/12/tk-maxx-je-suis-over-it-t-shirt-charlie-hebdo-complaint

I'm working on a robodog to seek out the self-righteous. As usual in the Grauniad the only sense is to be found in the comments:

Quote :
Wow this younger generation ... they're so ridiculously sensitive ... all that overprotective parenting of the past twenty years has produced an entire generation of namby pamby, emotionally fragile child-adults.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:52 pm

They do know that "Je suis" is just French for "I am", right?

That's far beyond the normal PC idiocy. That's just stupidity.

The worrying thing is that the chain bothered to listen to the guy.
Back to top Go down
Control
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:32 am

Sad to think that all of the legends like Hurt will be gone within the next 15 years. I liked his words on drinking with O'Toole and the gang. Robert Sellers' "Hellraisers" was a hilarious read, especially the sections on Oliver Reed.

Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:38 am

Legend? Hurt's a Bitter Old Fuck and a blathering old twit. The forum has spoken.

Seriously, I've never seen Hurt give a bad performance. I first saw him as Timothy Evans in Richard Fleischer's 10 Rillington Place, which is one of those films that's been forgotten by everyone except those who've seen it.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:17 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Legend? Hurt's a Bitter Old Fuck and a blathering old twit. The forum has spoken.

Seriously, I've never seen Hurt give a bad performance. I first saw him as Timothy Evans in Richard Fleischer's 10 Rillington Place, which is one of those films that's been forgotten by everyone except those who've seen it.

It is perhaps the finest ever serial killer movie.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Great as he is, he does sound like he's entered "get off my lawn" territory. I suppose that happens to the best of us no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Control
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:27 am

Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:33 pm

Control wrote:
John Hurt is cleared of cancer:
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/14/john-hurt-given-all-clear-on-cancer

Excellent news. Saw him during the Wimbledon coverage back in June and it was worrying to see him like that but great news to know he's clear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up   

Back to top Go down

Modern life is shit - John Hurt on how PC fucked it up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: