More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech... Empty
PostSubject: Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech...   Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech... EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:16 am

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-03-30/politics/political.circus_1_obama-cuts-obama-policy-speech?_s=PM:POLITICS

Quote :
Politics is serious business -- but not all the time.

Programmer in chief

As for the timing of President Obama's Libya speech Monday night, the New York Times' Bill Carter reports that the White House scheduled it around network shows, including ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."

In the end, all involved agreed on 7:30 p.m. ET, which meant the speech would end before ABC's hit show -- among other programs on NBC, CBS and Fox, to name a few.

The comics weigh in

"Last night, President Obama's speech on Libya was actually scheduled early so it wouldn't interrupt 'Dancing With The Stars.' That's ridiculous. This is a major historical event that affects the lives of millions of people. I can't believe it was almost interrupted by Obama's speech" -- Jimmy Fallon

"So as of now the Obama policy is, he's willing to embroil us in a third war but not willing to interrupt the Karate Kid's Macarena (on 'Dancing with the Stars')" -- Conan O'Brien

Headlines of the day

NBCBayArea.com: Obama Cuts in Line and Gets an iPad 2

Politico: The Justin Biebers of politics

New York Post: Weiner roasted as Capitol scofflaw king

Huffington Post: Tim Pawlenty: 'I've Made a Mistake'

From 'Groundhog Day' to FDR play

Actor Bill Murray is set to play President Franklin D. Roosevelt in an adaptation of "Hyde Park On the Hudson," a British radio play, New York Magazine reports.

The movie, which will be filmed in July, follows the "quasi-incestuous love affair between the president and his distant cousin, Margaret Stuckley."

Pay the meter next time

Roll Call's recent investigation of vehicles on Capitol Hill and at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in March found that "lawmakers were carrying at least $15,000 in outstanding tickets -- ranging from expired meters to speeding camera violations -- and potentially thousands of dollars more."

The report continues: "Three-quarters of those tickets, worth about $11,500, were in default at the time of the survey, having gone more than 60 days, and in some cases years, without payment."

Quote board: Libya edition

"So there is an exit strategy: we've turned over the (Libya) mission to NATO. Man, I feel bad for whoever the sucker is that is the main driving force financially and weapon-wise in that organization. ... Wait a minute, we're NATO! That's like Beyonce saying she's ceding control to (her alter ego) Sasha Fierce" -- Jon Stewart

"President Obama, our president, addressed the nation from Washington D.C. tonight. It was the first time in history that the president has gone before the American public to apologize for his Final Four picks" -- Jimmy Kimmel

"Last night President Obama spoke to the American people about our role in Libya. I thought it was a good speech. I'm not sure when the war is supposed to end; what happens when we win; how much it's going to cost. But other than that, very informative, I thought" -- Jay Leno
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech...   Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech... EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:24 am

If I recall correctly, last year's Aussie election debate had to be rescheduled so it wouldn't conflict with one of those bogan cooking shows.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech...   Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech... EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:53 am

I can hear most of the half-witted American public saying, "I dunt care if they kill all dem muslemz in Yurip. I jus' wanna watch my progrumms tonight."

Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech... Fat-man-little-gun-500x375
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech...   Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech... EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:13 am

If Obama does a speech while interrupting Glee, I will vote for his second term.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech...   Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech... EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:31 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
I can hear most of the half-witted American public saying, "I dunt care if they kill all dem muslemz in Yurip. I jus' wanna watch my progrumms tonight."

Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech... Fat-man-little-gun-500x375

This guy belongs in Quantum....Mr.White is looking for some red-neck representation.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech...   Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech... EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:04 am

The next "Mr. Big".
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech...   Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech... EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:28 am

CJB wrote:
If I recall correctly, last year's Aussie election debate had to be rescheduled so it wouldn't conflict with one of those bogan cooking shows.
Yep, Masterchef.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech...   Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech... Empty

Back to top Go down

Dancing With The Stars: A bit more important than the President's speech...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: News & Current Affairs-
Jump to: